• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Did you request a biometrics appointment by calling or speaking to a tier 2 agent, or did USCIS schedule it for you in a timely manner?
I think you may try submitting a request for lost mail. e-request tool works when you select family-based sub type. Usually the answer is "we are still working on your case thank you for your patience" but you may give it a try.

I think you may try submitting a request for lost mail. e-request tool works when you select family-based sub type. Usually the answer is "we are still working on your case thank you for your patience" but you may give it a try.

Thank you! I will try.

I need some advice, please. A week ago, the tier 2 agent did not schedule my biometrics appointment on the phone and told me to keep waiting. I obviously don't want to be the guy who calls every day, but I am worried that it's been 3 months now and even after biometrics I will have to wait again for my interview.

Now that KCC is moving forward with interviews abroad and embassies are reopening, I am worried that there won't be a visa available by the time I finally get an interview as an AOSer. I can't open an e-request online because my case is technically not outside normal processing time. What should I do? Just wait as the agent told me? And for how long before I call again? I know I'm not the only one in this situation. I don't want to lose this opportunity because I failed to act.
I am worried about the same thing, running out of visas, specially because I don't expect to be interviewed before the summer, hopefully July or August and not September. But I want to believe that, because of the situation this year, it is not likely to happen. So far there are, or seem to be, less than one thousand cases ready at embassies.

I am worried about the same thing, running out of visas, specially because I don't expect to be interviewed before the summer, hopefully July or August and not September. But I want to believe that, because of the situation this year, it is not likely to happen. So far there are, or seem to be, less than one thousand cases ready at embassies.

Yes, that's true. I'm just worried that as we get closer to the end of the FY, KCC is going to expedite the processing of CP cases but AOS cases will still be affected by the delays. I also don't think any region will go current this year because there are too many selectees. I filed in December and we are in March and I still have not received a BIO appointment. If that happens in April, I don't think I will be interviewed before the summer either.

Yes, that's true. I'm just worried that as we get closer to the end of the FY, KCC is going to expedite the processing of CP cases but AOS cases will still be affected by the delays. I also don't think any region will go current this year because there are too many selectees. I filed in December and we are in March and I still have not received a BIO appointment. If that happens in April, I don't think I will be interviewed before the summer either.
? KCC schedules CP interviews according to the numbers in the visa bulletin and (in Covid times) capacity at the embassies. They can’t “expedite”. Especially “near the end of the FY“. when September interviews will have already been scheduled by July. You also really need to spend some time going over spreadsheet timelines I think, I am not sure where you get the idea that there is some kind of long fixed time between bio and possibility of appointment as implied by your statement, especially when you see that some FOs don’t wait for bio to schedule. Yes I know its stressful waiting, but there is still more than a full half of the fiscal year left, and more than enough time to comfortably get everything finished.

? KCC schedules CP interviews according to the numbers in the visa bulletin and (in Covid times) capacity at the embassies. They can’t “expedite”. Especially “near the end of the FY“. when September interviews will have already been scheduled by July. You also really need to spend some time going over spreadsheet timelines I think, I am not sure where you get the idea that there is some kind of long fixed time between bio and possibility of appointment as implied by your statement, especially when you see that some FOs don’t wait for bio to schedule. Yes I know its stressful waiting, but there is still more than a full half of the fiscal year left, and more than enough time to comfortably get everything finished.

Yes, mine are assumptions based on the little knowledge I have. What I meant by expediting is that I read on various blogs and forums that things seem to go a little faster toward the end of the FY. I will follow your advice and take a better look at the timelines. I am not worried that I won't get an interview but simply that by the time I get interviewed there won't be a visa available, which, from what I can tell, is always a possibility.

On form I-131, the question about the class of admission, is that referring to what we last entered as, or what status we are currently? EG. entered as F-1 but now on H1?

Yes, mine are assumptions based on the little knowledge I have. What I meant by expediting is that I read on various blogs and forums that things seem to go a little faster toward the end of the FY. I will follow your advice and take a better look at the timelines. I am not worried that I won't get an interview but simply that by the time I get interviewed there won't be a visa available, which, from what I can tell, is always a possibility.
The things that “go a little faster towards the end of the FY” are (1) any outstanding AP issues (2) adjudication of AOS applicants. Nothing else can go faster, that I am aware of. Is there something else that you’re concerned about? As already said all CP interviews have been scheduled by July (or almost all, it is only in exceptional circumstances that ones are scheduled later than that).
edit: the one other thing that can happen later is if a particular country hits its 7% quota of the overall issuance and they stop issuing to those chargeable to that country. To my knowledge this has only happened two or three times in the entire history of DV.

The things that “go a little faster towards the end of the FY” are (1) any outstanding AP issues (2) adjudication of AOS applicants. Nothing else can go faster, that I am aware of. Is there something else that you’re concerned about? As already said all CP interviews have been scheduled by July (or almost all, it is only in exceptional circumstances that ones are scheduled later than that).
edit: the one other thing that can happen later is if a particular country hits its 7% quota of the overall issuance and they stop issuing to those chargeable to that country. To my knowledge this has only happened two or three times in the entire history of DV.

Thank you, Susie. This clarification makes me feel much better. I really appreciate the help. As I said in my first post, I'm concerned about the fact that I have been waiting for three months and I still don't have a biometric appointment, which is probably what's causing me to overthink this. I wish things could go faster but I do understand that I just have to be patient and wait like everyone else.

Thank you, Susie. This clarification makes me feel much better. I really appreciate the help. As I said in my first post, I'm concerned about the fact that I have been waiting for three months and I still don't have a biometric appointment, which is probably what's causing me to overthink this. I wish things could go faster but I do understand that I just have to be patient and wait like everyone else.
Hey Raphael, I completely understand what ur feeling. I’ve been waiting for over a month and it’s been so stressful especially that I see others who got their NOA’s at the same time getting bios earlier than me. I literally check my mailbox 10 times a day and refresh the website so many times haha. But really all u can do is call USCIS , make an inquiry then try to speak to another tier 2 agent, maybe u’ll get a better experience this time. Finally u can involve the congressman/woman of your area. Other than that, we really just have to wait brother. Best of luck for everyone and let’s hope we get this over with asap on a positive note

Hey Raphael, I completely understand what ur feeling. I’ve been waiting for over a month and it’s been so stressful especially that I see others who got their NOA’s at the same time getting bios earlier than me. I literally check my mailbox 10 times a day and refresh the website so many times haha. But really all u can do is call USCIS , make an inquiry then try to speak to another tier 2 agent, maybe u’ll get a better experience this time. Finally u can involve the congressman/woman of your area. Other than that, we really just have to wait brother. Best of luck for everyone and let’s hope we get this over with asap on a positive note

Yeah, I think I will call again next week to see if I can get some help this time.

I'm on the last page of the DS-260 application. It's asking me to read the DS-1810 PDF before signing and submitting.

1615757268840.png

1615757556906.png

I never came across this document when I first came to the U.S. Does this apply only to permanent citizens or green card holders who are coming to the U.S for the first time?

On form I-131, the question about the class of admission, is that referring to what we last entered as, or what status we are currently? EG. entered as F-1 but now on H1?
Which Part and question number? Providing the specific number makes it easier to answer your question.

I'm on the last page of the DS-260 application. It's asking me to read the DS-1810 PDF before signing and submitting.

View attachment 2321

View attachment 2323

I never came across this document when I first came to the U.S. Does this apply only to permanent citizens or green card holders who are coming to the U.S for the first time?
There are exemptions. This is what the Selective Service System says about immigrants:

"Immigrants
U.S. immigrants are required by law to register with the Selective Service System 30 days after their 18th birthday or 30 days after entry into the United States if they are between the ages of 18 and 25. This includes U.S. born and naturalized citizens, parolees, undocumented immigrants, legal permanent residents, asylum seekers, refugees, and all males with visas of any kind which expired more than 30 days ago.

The few individuals who are exempt from this requirement are those on current non-immigrant visas, as long as they remain on a valid visa up until they turn 26. If you have received a letter from us requesting that you register, please send us copies of supporting documentation to show you are exempt."

View attachment 2321

View attachment 2323

Are you male and aged between 18 and 25? Then you need to register for selective service when you get a green card. Getting you to register via the ds260 is one way to ensure this is done (there can be problems including with applying for naturalization if you don’t register). If you entered on a non immigrant visa before no you didn’t need to do it before, but if you meet the gender/age requirement you will do it now when you become an LPR.

Are you male and aged between 18 and 25? Then you need to register for selective service when you get a green card. Getting you to register via the ds260 is one way to ensure this is done (there can be problems including with applying for naturalization if you don’t register). If you entered on a non immigrant visa before no you didn’t need to do it before, but if you meet the gender/age requirement you will do it now when you become an LPR.

If I entered on a non-immigrant visa before I turned 26 but get my green card at 28, I do not have to register, correct?

Hello Mom,

Questions from the Form I-134
1. I have downloaded the form I-134 from the USCIS website which expires 02/28/2021 (Form I-134 02/13/2019) is this the one to be used?
2. For question 38 on page 4 asks I intend/do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person named in Part 2. Which option is more strong? If one selects I do not intend to make ... named in part 2. Should any explanation be added at part 7. additional information.
3. How the sponsor can make it sound that he/she intends to fully support the beneficiary?

Thanks in advance!