• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Honestly the DS-260 is too complex!!! But I see in the selection letter that is required "
All DV applicants must use the online DS-260 Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application" The question, Should I complete the DS-260 is't that make it easier to track the DV payment process and 2nd letter

KCC encourages the DS260 submission. You however can decide if you wish to submit it or not, it is your personal call, no one else’s.

Tier 2 agent called me today. I said I still did not get an interview letter and he said it's too soon people are waiting for 2 years to get that. I said I am a DV selectee. He did not know what that is I tried to explain. Then he understood the situation and said my file is in NBC and he will contact them to say I am a DV selectee but he said he doesn't know what that is and he doesn't know if I am telling the truth about the timeline etc. and he said someone from NBC will call me in 2 weeks.

Do we get the interview letter after NBC sends our cases to FO? What should I tell to NBC? They usually don't schedule interviews, right? Thanks.

Dear friends, I have a question.
Did anyone have old handwritten birth certificate that had couple non-legible marks, the all required information is legible, like name date parents seal and so on. But some additional information that was added to it during life time is non legible and translator put non legible marks when he did certified translation, like blood group stamp or passport issued at 16 stamp. Could it be a big issue when USCIS review it???

Dear friends, I have a question.
Did anyone have old handwritten birth certificate that had couple non-legible marks, the all required information is legible, like name date parents seal and so on. But some additional information that was added to it during life time is non legible and translator put non legible marks when he did certified translation, like blood group stamp or passport issued at 16 stamp. Could it be a big issue when USCIS review it???
So I did CP not AoS, but we had to get updated computer printed versions of our old handwritten certificates, and if you can do that I’d suggest you do. (This is not directly answering your question I know)

Could you explain what this means, please? It sounds like it will change how pending petitions will be processed and adjudicated.
Well if you've already sent your package that includes i-944, they're probably not gonna take it into consideration while reviewing your AOS package!
And for the ones who are gonna file from now, there's no I-944 on USCIS website at al any more!

Well if you've already sent your package that includes i-944, they're probably not gonna take it into consideration while reviewing your AOS package!
And for the ones who are gonna file from now, there's no I-944 on USCIS website at al any more!
Thank you. So in theory at the interview I shouldn't be asked questions about the i944 I submitted with my package, right?

Could you explain what this means, please? It sounds like it will change how pending petitions will be processed and adjudicated.

1. Applicants will no longer go through the stressful experience of filing out that awfully put together I944, including gathering all the ridiculous types and amounts of supporting documents required to go with it.
2. Past recipients of public benefits newly added as part of the new public charge rule no longer have to worry about been found to constitute a public charge. (Expanded definition of public charge no longer applies).
3. Applicants have lesser packages to send in.

1. Applicants will no longer go through the stressful experience of filing out that awfully put together I944, including gathering all the ridiculous types and amounts of supporting documents required to go with it.
2. Past recipients of public benefits newly added as part of the new public charge rule no longer have to worry about been found to constitute a public charge. (Expanded definition of public charge no longer applies).
3. Applicants have lesser packages to send in.

Thank you, Mom. This is great news!

Hopefully this will help USCIS to process our cases little a bit faster? Since they will have one less form to worry about for a case.

Not necessarily so IMO. The backlog issue USCIS is trying to contend with is a lot more than having one less form to review.

Thank you. So in theory at the interview I shouldn't be asked questions about the i944 I submitted with my package, right?

Yes, that is correct.

On or after March 9, 2021, applicants and petitioners should not provide information required solely by the Public Charge Final Rule. That means that applicants for adjustment of status should not provide the Form I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency, or any evidence or documentation required on that form with their Form I-485. Applicants and petitioners for extension of nonimmigrant stay and change of nonimmigrant status should not provide information related to the receipt of public benefits on Form I-129 (Part 6), Form I-129CW (Part 6), Form I-539 (Part 5), and Form I-539A (Part 3).

If an applicant or petitioner has already provided such information, and USCIS adjudicates the application or petition on or after March 9, 2021, we will not consider any information provided that relates solely to the Public Charge Final Rule, including, for example, information provided on the Form I-944, evidence or documentation submitted with Form I-944, and information on the receipt of public benefits on Form I-129 (Part 6), Form I-129CW (Part 6), Form I-539 (Part 5), and Form I-539A (Part 3).
USCIS Public Charge

Yes, that is correct.

On or after March 9, 2021, applicants and petitioners should not provide information required solely by the Public Charge Final Rule. That means that applicants for adjustment of status should not provide the Form I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency, or any evidence or documentation required on that form with their Form I-485. Applicants and petitioners for extension of nonimmigrant stay and change of nonimmigrant status should not provide information related to the receipt of public benefits on Form I-129 (Part 6), Form I-129CW (Part 6), Form I-539 (Part 5), and Form I-539A (Part 3).

If an applicant or petitioner has already provided such information, and USCIS adjudicates the application or petition on or after March 9, 2021, we will not consider any information provided that relates solely to the Public Charge Final Rule, including, for example, information provided on the Form I-944, evidence or documentation submitted with Form I-944, and information on the receipt of public benefits on Form I-129 (Part 6), Form I-129CW (Part 6), Form I-539 (Part 5), and Form I-539A (Part 3).
USCIS Public Charge

Thank you again!

Yes, that is correct.

USCIS Public Charge
Thanks mom for your detailed info sharing!

Hi everyone!
I am filing for AOS along with my spouse. I am the winner of the DV lottery. I am required to submit evidence that my derivative applicant was originally included in the DV lottery entry (if applicable). Would this be the 1NL? Though in the 1NL the only name shown is mine so that does not seem to prove it to me.
Thanks!!!