• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

The kids will have it much easier than you to integrate, they will have a ready made routine, friends etc when they start school. People always worry about the kids but honestly the kids settle in way quicker than the parents usually !!
i can’t imagine it will be difficult for an engineer to find a job in any field, bear in mind you will probably not start at the same level of seniority you are currently enjoying. The US is massive so the start point for you should be to find out if there are any regions that are more likely to have jobs in your field than others. You are unlikely (not impossible but unlikely) to find a job before you move, so you will probably have to take a leap of faith moving though. If you have any contacts in your field in the US, use them for information.

fyi we were a little past mid 40s with a 6 and 13 year old at the time we moved.
Many thanks SusieQQQ. Your answer comforts me to engage with many hopes.

Guys, I have a quick question...
Do only DS260 submissions get doc submission email?
Or even without DS260 submission you can receive that email?

You have to complete and submit your DS-260 before anything further happens. They can’t send an email asking for documents if they don’t know if you plan to continue with your application (i.e. submitting your DS-260).

You have to complete and submit your DS-260 before anything further happens. They can’t send an email asking for documents if they don’t know if you plan to continue with your application (i.e. submitting your DS-260).

Actually they can. Some 2020 AOSers who didn’t bother to submit the DS260 form since this is an optional step for them, received the document submission email from KCC. Document submission to KCC is not applicable to the AOS process by the way. KCC sent them this email since KCC had no idea if they will be processing their DV selection or not, or which processing route they will be pursuing.

Yes a selectee can receive the document submission email from KCC without the DS260 being already submitted.

Actually they can. Some 2020 AOSers who didn’t bother to submit the DS260 form since this is an optional step for them, received the document submission email from KCC. Document submission to KCC is not applicable to the AOS process by the way. KCC sent them this email since KCC had no idea if they will be processing their DV selection or not, or which processing route they will be pursuing.
Thanks @Sm1smom. I’d never considered that.

Aug 31 at 1:38 PM
Dear Mam, how are you doing? I am a DV 2021 selectee with CN AF 25xxx. I have been trying to get solution for my problem from your blogs. But i couldn't.Thats why i am writing you this.Please,kindly help me get through this.
on my original DV entry, i filled my CORRECT date of birth according to what is written on my birth certificate, which was registered on 2016. but the problem is, the date of birth is different from whats written on my passport( error is on date. The month and year is fine).
I submitted DS 260, i filled the DOB same as my entry and birth cert.i was thinking to get a new passport with correct DOB. but unfortunately, i lost the passport, my birth cert, marriage cert, and the tablet i had the photo of my lost passport together with other documents.
Now,i got a new passport with the correct DOB. Up on explanation of the importance of the lost passport info, the emmigration officials stamped on " remark" section of my new passport the fact that my previous passport is lost and its number, i also requested them to give me a letter adressing the embassy, confirming i had the lost passport. But they told me they give letter only when requested by the KCC or embassy.
Please answer
1, can this whole" melodrama" affect my case?
2, can having my lost passport number mentioned on my new passport as well as having the police certeficate mentioning loss of old passport help? Eventhough i could not provide copy of lost passport?
3,If your answer to Q 2 is NO, i can try to get the copy of my lost passport and submit to KCC when asked, but can having difference on DOB on previous and current passport cause denial? (I never travelled btw and my birth cert was registered before my passport was issued.)
4, will KCC request my country's emmigration office about my lost passport? Will they notice the change in DOB?
5,i have been working as a university lecturer and radiologist for the past 12 years, can this be advantageous in winning visa?
6,my birth cert and marriage cert were issued recently( coz i lost them with the passport) will this cause problem even though they are registered 3 and 7 years ago respectively?
7, since i filled my lost passport info on DS 260, shall i request KCC to unlock the form n enter my new passport info? Or shall i explain it when requested document submission?

I hope to heat from you soon!

Regards,

Hi Everybody,

First, thanks for the guides and all the help in the forum. My wife was selected for DV2012 with CN 2021EU00015XXX. We are currently in the US on an H1B/H4 visa but unfortunately I was laid off and we will be going back to my home country and try the CP route now. I saw on the DOS website the news about the exceptions for the executive orders, since we were both in country when the orders were signed could we be exempt from it for the DV lottery visa? If so any idea how to proceed with the consular appointment even if there is still a block?

The text says:
"The Proclamation does not apply to applicants who were in the United States on the effective date of the Proclamation (June 24) ... "

Link:
travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/exceptions-to-p-p-10014-10052-suspending-entry-of-immigrants-non-immigrants-presenting-risk-to-us-labor-market-during-economic-recovery.html

Sorry if this question was answered before, couldn't find it.

Aug 31 at 1:38 PM
Dear Mam, how are you doing? I am a DV 2021 selectee with CN AF 25xxx. I have been trying to get solution for my problem from your blogs. But i couldn't.Thats why i am writing you this.Please,kindly help me get through this.
on my original DV entry, i filled my CORRECT date of birth according to what is written on my birth certificate, which was registered on 2016. but the problem is, the date of birth is different from whats written on my passport( error is on date. The month and year is fine).
I submitted DS 260, i filled the DOB same as my entry and birth cert.i was thinking to get a new passport with correct DOB. but unfortunately, i lost the passport, my birth cert, marriage cert, and the tablet i had the photo of my lost passport together with other documents.
Now,i got a new passport with the correct DOB. Up on explanation of the importance of the lost passport info, the emmigration officials stamped on " remark" section of my new passport the fact that my previous passport is lost and its number, i also requested them to give me a letter adressing the embassy, confirming i had the lost passport. But they told me they give letter only when requested by the KCC or embassy.
Please answer
1, can this whole" melodrama" affect my case?
2, can having my lost passport number mentioned on my new passport as well as having the police certeficate mentioning loss of old passport help? Eventhough i could not provide copy of lost passport?
3,If your answer to Q 2 is NO, i can try to get the copy of my lost passport and submit to KCC when asked, but can having difference on DOB on previous and current passport cause denial? (I never travelled btw and my birth cert was registered before my passport was issued.)
4, will KCC request my country's emmigration office about my lost passport? Will they notice the change in DOB?
5,i have been working as a university lecturer and radiologist for the past 12 years, can this be advantageous in winning visa?
6,my birth cert and marriage cert were issued recently( coz i lost them with the passport) will this cause problem even though they are registered 3 and 7 years ago respectively?
7, since i filled my lost passport info on DS 260, shall i request KCC to unlock the form n enter my new passport info? Or shall i explain it when requested document submission?

I hope to heat from you soon!

Regards,

Seriously??? Posting the same issue which you already asked about 4 different times under a different username? You do realize we’re smart enough to connect your old username and posts with this new one? Please be respectful of our time and always refer to the previous response you’ve been given, don’t try to play smart. Having said that, I will go ahead and respond to what you’ve written here:

1. If I was the CO adjudicating your case, I will have a lot of concern with it considering all the issues enumerated here. You don’t have a copy of the lost passport (????) saved in any other place, not even a paper copy, kind of hard to believe. There’s also the fact that every single official document you’re presenting are newly issued (well after your DV selection). Gives room for doubts. Which is your eligibility country and where will you be interviewing by the way?
2. It may help, depending on how the CO views such documents from your country, as in how reliable they are.
3. Interesting you can get a copy of the lost passport if the discrepancy in the DOB will not be an issue, but you already claimed you don’t have a copy of it. This shows you’re clearly trying to hide something. You need to be able to show a copy of the passport you used in submitting your eDV entry regardless of what was written on it. Don’t try to play smart by claiming it is lost.
4. KCC has no business contacting your county’s registrars.
5. You either meet the DV requirements as listed or not, your current or past work doesn’t give you an edge if you don’t meet the requirements.
6. See 1 and 2 above.
7. Update the DS260 with the new passport info

Hi Everybody,

First, thanks for the guides and all the help in the forum. My wife was selected for DV2012 with CN 2021EU00015XXX. We are currently in the US on an H1B/H4 visa but unfortunately I was laid off and we will be going back to my home country and try the CP route now. I saw on the DOS website the news about the exceptions for the executive orders, since we were both in country when the orders were signed could we be exempt from it for the DV lottery visa? If so any idea how to proceed with the consular appointment even if there is still a block?

The text says:
"The Proclamation does not apply to applicants who were in the United States on the effective date of the Proclamation (June 24) ... "

Link:
travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/exceptions-to-p-p-10014-10052-suspending-entry-of-immigrants-non-immigrants-presenting-risk-to-us-labor-market-during-economic-recovery.html

Sorry if this question was answered before, couldn't find it.

Sorry to learn of your job situation.

Right now, I can’t comment on how to proceed based on this section of the Proclamation which says it “does not apply to applicants who were in the United States on the effective date of the Proclamation (June 24) ... " because in order to do so, I have to go through the entire Proclamation to refresh and enhance my understanding of it. An exercise which I do not consider worthwhile at this point in time considering your CN is not current, and is unlikely to become current by December either, Trump might be voted out of office which means effective January, he can no longer cause anymore immigration harm effective January. So for now, it is going to be a wait and see game.

Sorry for dissapointing you. I used new username because you ignored my previous question.( i understand u r not obliged to answer my every question n u r helping here out of good will, which i appreciate) i thought, may be if i come with different username, i might get ur attention. I am not trying to hide anything. I am just afraid to death the DOB issue might cause denial. I am going to be enterviewed in rwanda. Getting such a golden opportunity is so good to be true for ppl living in developing world. N i am not any different.i wanted advice from someone experienced( like you). and yes, i dont have a copy of the lost passport. But i will try my best to get it from the immigration officials n present it. Thank you very much. Your advice means a lot!

Sorry for dissapointing you. I used new username because you ignored my previous question.( i understand u r not obliged to answer my every question n u r helping here out of good will, which i appreciate) i thought, may be if i come with different username, i might get ur attention. I am not trying to hide anything. I am just afraid to death the DOB issue might cause denial. I am going to be enterviewed in rwanda. Getting such a golden opportunity is so good to be true for ppl living in developing world. N i am not any different.i wanted advice from someone experienced( like you). and yes, i dont have a copy of the lost passport. But i will try my best to get it from the immigration officials n present it. Thank you very much. Your advice means a lot!

I ignored your previous question? For real??? Common dude, don't compound the situation, ok? I mean what do you call this? I responded to your very first post, Aug. 10th - same day it was posted! Your attempt at trying to justify your attempted trickery is infuriating to say the least.
  • Aug 11th, you posted an acknowledgement of my response on an entirely non-related thread - I did not ignore that post, I responded to it by telling you what not to do!
  • Aug 12th, you created a new thread asking the same question - I responded by asking you to refer to the the response you already got provided with on Aug.10th. I even included a link to that previous response to make it easy for you to find.
  • Aug 14th, you posted again same question on the same thread as the first post. Considering this new post was 3 freaking posts below my first response to you, I rightly ignored your new post!
FYI - Your attempt at trying to get my attention with a new username did not work, it wasn't a smart thing to do. I only responded to your new username because I needed to call you out and let you know how easy it is to connect usernames and posts in this forum. Asking follow-up questions is different from repeating the same questions all over the forum, repeating same set of questions will get you ignored. It is as simple as that

Last edited:
I have not said u totally ignored my inquiries. I am talking about my previous post- on Aug 14. n i am not trying to trick u or anybody else. I was just desperate to get knowledgeable response.

I have not said u totally ignored my inquiries. I am talking about my previous post- on Aug 14. n i am not trying to trick u or anybody else. I was just desperate to get knowledgeable response.

You wanted a "knowledgeable response" to your Aug. 14th post which had already been addressed back on Aug. 11th - I suppose my Aug. 11th post wasn't knowledgeable enough for you. Anyway, I'm done with this!

U know my questions were different. i was not just repeating same thing over n over. Anyways, thank you for providing me with the appropriate action i need go take, .i really need ur support in the future too.i am so sorry. Please accept my apology.

Last edited:
I have submited my DS-260 two months ago. I haven't received my mail from KCC to send back required documents. My case number is EU22xxx. Should i send mail to them now or should i wait?

I have submited my DS-260 two months ago. I haven't received my mail from KCC to send back required documents. My case number is EU22xxx. Should i send mail to them now or should i wait?

based on your CN, you should receive mail from KCC, after December. so, you maybe to early to expect mail from KCC.

Hello all, i want to ask about the documents to be sent to KCC, does all of them has to be attested ?
For example, the Police certificate from my home country is received by email, do i have to attested from our embassy or the stamp that is already on the certificate is enough ?
because all goes to birth certificate and the rest of the documents for the whole family members and i want to be sure about it.

Thanks in advance

Hello all, i want to ask about the documents to be sent to KCC, does all of them has to be attested ?
For example, the Police certificate from my home country is received by email, do i have to attested from our embassy or the stamp that is already on the certificate is enough ?
because all goes to birth certificate and the rest of the documents for the whole family members and i want to be sure about it.

Thanks in advance
I would imagine it’s fine if it’s the original e-document you received from an authoritative source in that country.

If you’re doing CP route, documents are sent electronically in any case so even with a hard copy you’d still need to scan it. (Not sure about AOS).