• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

What does Judge Mehta's ruling mean for DV2021? Does it mean that DV2021 are emergency cases too and should be processed regardless of June's proclamation? (well, without entering the US until at least Dec.31 2020)

What does Judge Mehta's ruling mean for DV2021? Does it mean that DV2021 are emergency cases too and should be processed regardless of June's proclamation? (well, without entering the US until at least Dec.31 2020)
As I understood (and I could be wrong), it means that, possibly, DV2021 cases can start being processed and interviewed in time rather than wait until January.

As I understood (and I could be wrong), it means that, possibly, DV2021 cases can start being processed and interviewed in time rather than wait until January.
I hope you are right, but how do you know this? The order does not mention DV-2021 at all.

I hope you are right, but how do you know this? The order does not mention DV-2021 at all.
The order does not mention DV21 because it was not mentioned in the lawsuit. The lawsuit was for DV20. However, the ruling seems like it MAY also impact DV21.

The order does not mention DV21 because it was not mentioned in the lawsuit. The lawsuit was for DV20. However, the ruling seems like it MAY also impact DV21.
Hmm, without reading it all, DV was granted stuff the other visa categories were not, because the other categories don’t run out in September. Extending that would logically seem to me the same would be true of DV2021 as there is still 9 months next year for that to be processed - same reason the initial DV challenge (in April, when the ban was set to expire in June) was not successful. Again, I haven’t read the decision.

Hmm, without reading it all, DV was granted stuff the other visa categories were not, because the other categories don’t run out in September. Extending that would logically seem to me the same would be true of DV2021 as there is still 9 months next year for that to be processed - same reason the initial DV challenge (in April, when the ban was set to expire in June) was not successful. Again, I haven’t read the decision.
The ruling, from what I’ve seen, doesn’t explicitly make mention of DV21. The claim made by the plaintiffs was specifically for DV20. As such the ruling speaks specifically on the claim. However, the ruling for DV20 seems like it would inadvertently affect DV21 too because of the deadline.

The ruling, from what I’ve seen, doesn’t explicitly make mention of DV21. The claim made by the plaintiffs was specifically for DV20. As such the ruling speaks specifically on the claim. However, the ruling for DV20 seems like it would inadvertently affect DV21 too because of the deadline.
But that’s my point, there is no deadline for DV21 before the end of the ban.

Dear mom, here i am again, in need of your help. I finally managed to get the copy of my lost passport( the past two days were tiresome, but it is worth it). thanks to your valuable advice, you saved me from doing grave mistake. I will present both.i am going to request KCC to unlock my DS 260 so that i can change passport info with current one. my question is
1,do i need to mention in the mail( KCC unlock request) the fact that my previous passport is lost n i got new passport and corrected date of birth or simply tell i need to update passport info?
2,do i need to send copy the passports together with the mail?
3,i lived in same city for whole of my life but in different "provinces" or places in same city. Do i need to mention all of them under previous adress?
4, on social media section, i mentioned i use telegram but i mistakenly filled my whole name as telegram adress instead of user name.Can changing it when form is unlocked affect my case?i also did not mention the ones i am not currently using n i forgot my user names. I never used them in past five years. Will it be a problem?
Thank you in advance!God bless you!

Should DV2021 do something?
We can Tweet (many tweets) @travelstatedept @TravelGov @SecPompeo and wonder about Diversity Visa winners of 2020 and 2021 situation after judge Mehta's order? just to remind them that we are in the queue.

Should DV2021 do something?
We can Tweet (many tweets) @travelstatedept @TravelGov @SecPompeo and wonder about Diversity Visa winners of 2020 and 2021 situation after judge Mehta's order? just to remind them that we are in the queue.

From what I understood from videos/posts by lawyers, now DV21 selectees who became current can ask ( push ;) ) KCC to schedule their interviews, mentioning the order issued...

Last edited:
Dear mom, here i am again, in need of your help. I finally managed to get the copy of my lost passport( the past two days were tiresome, but it is worth it). thanks to your valuable advice, you saved me from doing grave mistake. I will present both.i am going to request KCC to unlock my DS 260 so that i can change passport info with current one. my question is
1,do i need to mention in the mail( KCC unlock request) the fact that my previous passport is lost n i got new passport and corrected date of birth or simply tell i need to update passport info?
2,do i need to send copy the passports together with the mail?
3,i lived in same city for whole of my life but in different "provinces" or places in same city. Do i need to mention all of them under previous adress?
4, on social media section, i mentioned i use telegram but i mistakenly filled my whole name as telegram adress instead of user name.Can changing it when form is unlocked affect my case?i also did not mention the ones i am not currently using n i forgot my user names. I never used them in past five years. Will it be a problem?
Thank you in advance!God bless you!
1. No, just request the unlock
2. You will email copies of documents when requested the email will tell you what to send (yes passport is one of them)
3. You need to list ALL addresses lived at since the age of 16
4. You can make this change when you unlock and you should add everything you know about

"If you are #DV2021 winner, Judge Mehta's order does not apply to you. "
i think the order affects all of us. you should listen to Greg Siskind and Charles Kuck's interpretation of that order. I do think we should leave the DV2020s to complete their processsing rather than bother the KCC and embassies at this stage. But if they process DV2020s they would most likely process DV2021s for sure otherwise it would make no sense. My understanding of curtis is that he is looking to milk money from everyone he can shoot at. I wouldnt be surprised if he launches a paid case for DV2021s soon. He has already launched another case for DV2020s that is completely unnecessary given the order affects all DV2020s. All the AILA lawyers said the order affects even DV2021 as well indirectly.

i think the order affects all of us. you should listen to Greg Siskind and Charles Kuck's interpretation of that order. I do think we should leave the DV2020s to complete their processsing rather than bother the KCC and embassies at this stage. But if they process DV2020s they would most likely process DV2021s for sure otherwise it would make no sense.

Yes, it makes sense it applies to dv2020 and not dv2021. There is no permanent damage to dv2021 - same reason first suit for dv2020 got denied back in April. It is only successful now because ban runs past dv2020 end date. This is not the case for dv2021.

Yes, it makes sense it applies to dv2020 and not dv2021. There is no permanent damage to dv2021 - same reason first suit for dv2020 got denied back in April. It is only successful now because ban runs past dv2020 end date. This is not the case for dv2021.

Hi SusiseQQQ. am not disagreeing with you in posting this response but wanted to give a different opinion. In the first lawsuit the main outcome was that there was no permanent damage. In listening to all the parties(AILA,Curtis,Britsimon), the main outcome for this latest lawsuit was that DV2020s were infact entitled to their visas as the ban only applied to them in entering the US and not in issuing their visas(Which sort of meant that their visas should have been processed in the first place although they are subject to the ban in that they cannot enter the US until it expires) but that there was also permanent damage which is why there was a priority instruction for Dv2020 visas. This is just my perspective so i may be wrong but this was my understanding. So you may be absolutely right in saying that the dv2021s have no damage but if this lawsuit does infact say dv2020s visa issuance is not affected by the ban then i would think dv2021s should not be either. I believe if they process dv2020 visas this month, its going to be more because the judge said the ban doesn't prevent their visas from being issued in conjunction with the damage meaning their visas will given priority given that the wrong interpretation of the ban by DOS. It is because of this argument that i think even DV2021 will be processed although i may be wrong as we will find out in a few weeks.

Hi SusiseQQQ. am not disagreeing with you in posting this response but wanted to give a different opinion. In the first lawsuit the main outcome was that there was no permanent damage. In listening to all the parties(AILA,Curtis,Britsimon), the main outcome for this latest lawsuit was that DV2020s were infact entitled to their visas as the ban only applied to them in entering the US and not in issuing their visas(Which sort of meant that their visas should have been processed in the first place although they are subject to the ban in that they cannot enter the US until it expires) but that there was also permanent damage which is why there was a priority instruction for Dv2020 visas. This is just my perspective so i may be wrong but this was my understanding. So you may be absolutely right in saying that the dv2021s have no damage but if this lawsuit does infact say dv2020s visa issuance is not affected by the ban then i would think dv2021s should not be either. I believe if they process dv2020 visas this month, its going to be more because the judge said the ban doesn't prevent their visas from being issued in conjunction with the damage meaning their visas will given priority given that the wrong interpretation of the ban by DOS. It is because of this argument that i think even DV2021 will be processed although i may be wrong as we will find out in a few weeks.
If the argument is that “they can issue visas despite the ban” that should apply to all the other categories of immigrant visas too, but without a looming deadline none of them are mission critical ? So is there a practical implication? Without specific DV2021 guidance, wouldn’t the embassies just lump dv2021 in with everything else that has to wait for “routine issuance to resume”?

If the argument is that “they can issue visas despite the ban” that should apply to all the other categories of immigrant visas too, but without a looming deadline none of them are mission critical ? So is there a practical implication? Without specific DV2021 guidance, wouldn’t the embassies just lump dv2021 in with everything else that has to wait for “routine issuance to resume”?
I think you are absolutely right about the deadline. I think dv2021s will definitely not be treated like dv2020s in regards to mission critical. So i guess at that point dv2021s become like other visa categories. I think the only difference will be that now they will be inline to be processed once embassies are able to as opposed to before when they were giving the trump ban as the reason for not issuing the visas.

Does this mean KCC will not process our interviews in coming months (before 2021 January) like now they start processing Dv2020 interviews?