• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Hey guys,

I am very slowly filling out my DS-260 and my husband has a very long first name + numerous middle names. I can't add all his middle names under "given names". Should I add the missing one under the "are you known under any other names" category?

Sorry, you might have answered this already!

Hey guys,

I am very slowly filling out my DS-260 and my husband has a very long first name + numerous middle names. I can't add all his middle names under "given names". Should I add the missing one under the "are you known under any other names" category?

Sorry, you might have answered this already!

Yes put the rest of the names under the other names section.

Hello. I have two concerns please help!
I live in third country as asylum seeker for 13 years and luckily, my wife got selected this year (DV 2021):
1. In my current country of residence the police certificate can't be given directly to the applicant, it can only be sent by mail directly to institution that requested it (in our case the US embassy), HOW DO I DEAL WITH THIS WHEN KCC REQUESTS OUR DOCUMENTS?
2. 11 years ago I was put in administrative detention pending a confirmation of my Identity to confirm that I qualify to file an asylum application, three months later I was released, SHOULD I include it as imprisonment? I didn't appear before any court, and all the relevant records no longer exist after 10 years as by law any records of this kind are deleted after 10 years unless they were serious crimes. Being unable to know how this affect my police record, I decided not to mention this event on my DS260, is this wise?

Hello, I have the same concern #1. Can someone experienced in this forum advise on this?

Thank you

Hello, I have the same concern #1. Can someone experienced in this forum advise on this?

Thank you

You should get a receipt for the request for PCC, just email kcc a copy of that with a note or copy of DoS reciprocity info explaining it is sent directly to consuiate.

Hi all
I have a question regarding DS260 forms (I already submitted and waiting for Doc request email). In the October submission round, I submitted my derivatives information and put the Family Name as the fourth name in my children's birth certificate. My children had no passport at that time. I got new passports for them but the passports showed their fifth name as a family name (and I cannot change that). So in the DS260 I put the fourth and fifth names as Family name to keep consistent with what I did in October entrants and what are in the new passports. Is that OK or may disqualify our application. Also, one of the children's birth certificates shows my name "mother name" just three names (without my family name) Is that OK?

I
Hi all
I have a question regarding DS260 forms (I already submitted and waiting for Doc request email). In the October submission round, I submitted my derivatives information and put the Family Name as the fourth name in my children's birth certificate. My children had no passport at that time. I got new passports for them but the passports showed their fifth name as a family name (and I cannot change that). So in the DS260 I put the fourth and fifth names as Family name to keep consistent with what I did in October entrants and what are in the new passports. Is that OK or may disqualify our application. Also, one of the children's birth certificates shows my name "mother name" just three names (without my family name) Is that OK?
I have exactly the same issue of the passport child name. I contacted KCC and the following is the reply:
"The required forms should be completed using the name that appears on your passport and/or other legal documentation. Any other names you have previously been identified by, including maiden names should be listed on the DS 260 in the "Other Names Used" field."

Hello mom, inam DV 2021 selectee.i lost my marriagr certificte, birth certificate n my passport on my way home after filling DS 260 at agent's office. I requested n received all documents again from respective offices.my birth certificate was registered 3 yrs ago n my marriage certificate 7 yrs ago. But when given this time, issue dates mentioned recently( august 2020). Will that affect my case? N i also got a new passporT with new number but the officials mentioned my lost passport's number on my new passport with my request. But since i used my lost passport to fill ds260, what shall i do now? Shall i request ds260 unlock n put my new passport info? Or shall i leave it as it is n send all documents when KCC request? Thank you in adcance!

Hello mom, inam DV 2021 selectee.i lost my marriagr certificte, birth certificate n my passport on my way home after filling DS 260 at agent's office. I requested n received all documents again from respective offices.my birth certificate was registered 3 yrs ago n my marriage certificate 7 yrs ago. But when given this time, issue dates mentioned recently( august 2020). Will that affect my case? N i also got a new passporT with new number but the officials mentioned my lost passport's number on my new passport with my request. But since i used my lost passport to fill ds260, what shall i do now? Shall i request ds260 unlock n put my new passport info? Or shall i leave it as it is n send all documents when KCC request? Thank you in adcance!

1. No, it shouldn’t.
2. Unlock your DS260 and update the passport info.

Hope you filed a police report over the lost documents? This may come in useful at the interview stage, should there be any doubt with regards to the previously listed documents.

p.s. number you’re questions when you have more than one in a post.

Hi ALL,
I have a family member of mine who is the winner. Unfortunately he can not login to the DS-260 form due to the problem with birthday. Apparently, he has made a mistake when registering on month or day (Year is correct). So he tried to enter many possible months and days until the DS-260 submit form changed its error message from "Information does not match..." to this :
The Case Number entered is currently unavailable. Please try again later or contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) by email (kccdv@state.gov) or by phone (Public Inquiry Phone Number 606-526-7500 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT Monday – Friday) for further assistance.
its looks like the kinda blocked his case number...
We contacted the KCC and because they ask for the applicant's information first and he does not know what he has entered during the DV registration, KCC says that the birthday he is providing does not match the records and hence, they can not help or tell him what is correct birthday. We are kind of stuck in dead end here....
I am wondering if there is any possible workaround for this situation that exprecied members of the forum are aware of?

So sorry to hear you're going through this issue
My cousin had the same problem. There was an error in his birth date during DV registration. Instead of January 27 he mentioned January 07.
At first we thought the DS260 was blocked. We contacted KCC and they explained to us the date of birth does not match.
Below a workaround that we used to find the right date
1- go to the 2021 Entrant Status Check
2- Hit Continue
3- Under "type the confirmation number that was given when you applied", click on Forgot Confirmation Number
4- If not preselected click on DV2021
5- then enter all required informations
6- Enter the date of birth with different possibilities.
7- You will not be locked out
8- At some point, if the date matches you will see your case number poped on the screen.

If you get your case number it is mean your date of birth is correct. You should contact KCC with the date of birth mistakenly used and all relevant informations and they will forward the case to your country embassy where you will be asked to appear in person.

We did the steps above and we found out that we mistakenly entered 07 january instead of 27. Now KCC forwarded the case to Lome embassy. However the are closed due to the pandemic. We are expecting services resumption at the embassy of Lome to get hopefully this issue fixed.

Hi ALL,
I have a family member of mine who is the winner. Unfortunately he can not login to the DS-260 form due to the problem with birthday. Apparently, he has made a mistake when registering on month or day (Year is correct). So he tried to enter many possible months and days until the DS-260 submit form changed its error message from "Information does not match..." to this :
The Case Number entered is currently unavailable. Please try again later or contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) by email (kccdv@state.gov) or by phone (Public Inquiry Phone Number 606-526-7500 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT Monday – Friday) for further assistance.
its looks like the kinda blocked his case number...
We contacted the KCC and because they ask for the applicant's information first and he does not know what he has entered during the DV registration, KCC says that the birthday he is providing does not match the records and hence, they can not help or tell him what is correct birthday. We are kind of stuck in dead end here....
I am wondering if there is any possible workaround for this situation that exprecied members of the forum are aware of?

So sorry to hear you're going through this issue
My cousin had the same problem. There was an error in his birth date during DV registration. Instead of January 27 he mentioned January 07.
At first we thought the DS260 was blocked. We contacted KCC and they explained to us the date of birth does not match.
Below a workaround that we used to find the right date
1- go to the 2021 Entrant Status Check
2- Hit Continue
3- Under "type the confirmation number that was given when you applied", click on Forgot Confirmation Number
4- If not preselected click on DV2021
5- then enter all required informations
6- Enter the date of birth with different possibilities.
7- You will not be locked out
8- At some point, if the date matches you will see your case number poped on the screen.

If you get your case number it is mean your date of birth is correct. You should contact KCC with the date of birth mistakenly used and all relevant informations and they will forward the case to your country embassy where you will be asked to appear in person.

We did the steps above and we found out that we mistakenly entered 07 january instead of 27. Now KCC forwarded the case to Lome embassy. However the are closed due to the pandemic. We are expecting services resumption at the embassy of Lome to get hopefully this issue fixed.

My problem is lost passport .. with no picture or photocopy. i already filled my Ds 260, all info i submitted on the entry matches the ds 260 form n my documents.the only info that differs is my new passport number, issue date n expiry date.i got a new one mentioning my lost passport number as evidence( on "remark" section). Can this help me? If u can kindly tell me if this can affect my case n if so, what i shall do about it, please do. Thanks.

Hello guys,

On the DS260, part related to the social security number says: Do you need a new card issued?

I already have a social security card since I'm already in the US under a J1 visa. I was wondering though whether I will need them to reissue another card (with the same number) after I will be a permanent resident, or whether this is something I will have to do later. What should I answer?

Last edited:
Hello guys,

On the DS260, part related to the social security number says: Do you need a new card issued?

I already have a social security card since I'm already in the US under a J1 visa. I was wondering though whether a will need them to reissue another card (with the same number) after I will be a permanent resident, or whether this is something I will have to do later. What should I answer?

I have a similar question. I have an SSN card, but it has a work restriction listed on it:
VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION

Should I request on the DS-260 a new SSN card that does not have any restrictions? Thank you.

Hello guys,

I already have a social security card since I'm already in the US under a J1 visa. I was wondering though whether I will need them to reissue another card (with the same number) after I will be a permanent resident, or whether this is something I will have to do later. What should I answer?

I have a similar question. I have an SSN card, but it has a work restriction listed on it:

Should I request on the DS-260 a new SSN card that does not have any restrictions? Thank you.

Yes or No, doesn’t matter how you guys answer the question. A new or a replacement SSN doesn’t get ordered for AOSers. You’ll still need to visit the SSA to get a replacement unrestricted SSN card issued after you get your GC.

N.B. You’re both processing AOS, you should be posting on the AOS thread to ensure you’re getting the appropriate response to your questions.

Yes or No, doesn’t matter how you guys answer the question. A new or a replacement SSN doesn’t get ordered for AOSers. You’ll still need to visit the SSA to get a replacement unrestricted SSN card issued after you get your GC.

N.B. You’re both processing AOS, you should be posting on the AOS thread to ensure you’re getting the appropriate response to your questions.

Thank you. I'll post on the AOS thread next time.

Hello All,
I received a document request from KCC. The police report from HK can only be sent directly to KCC. Does anyone know the address and recipient who should to whom should they send a police report in KCC?

Thank you

Hello All,
I received a document request from KCC. The police report from HK can only be sent directly to KCC. Does anyone know the address and recipient who should to whom should they send a police report in KCC?

Thank you
Hm, my understanding is the police report itself is sent to the us embassy in HK and you send a copy of the receipt you get to KCC. In either case, you should confirm with KCC what they need and if they do actually accept physical documents, what the address is. Email them using the instructions in your selection letter.