• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Is there anyone who already entered the US for the activation but neither had your photo nor finger prints taken at the airport?
I started to worry as the officer who was in charge seemed to be an apprentice.
He said it was the first time for him to stamp on a passport page..
They took photos of us, but no fingerprints. We both received our cards. I wouldn't worry. If the officer let you in and processed your files, then it should be okay. They don't use the fingerprint nor the photo from the airport for producing the card. I suppose you had your fingerprints taken at the consulate.

If you are still worried. You can try calling USCIS and tell the robot, that you need infopass appointment. That will connect you to an agent. Then you can ask the agent, if he sees that your documents arrived to USCIS properly and if everything is okay with your cases, they are able to check this for you. If the agent doesn't want to help because of whatever reason, I would try again to get a different agent. Mine was very helpful.

Also, when you logon to Myuscis it should have a Submitted on: xxxxxxx line, just under your case Subject. If that date is a date after your entry, then most probably your documents have arrived to USCIS properly on that date.

Hi All!
Probably not the most specialized forum for this, but I tried many places and many people and nobody could give me a definite answer, so I thought maybe someone has some experience with this.

We want to enroll into marketplace insurance with my wife at least for December. I would like to use the Advance premium tax credits to pay for it. We are permanent resident since September 20.

Does anyone know, if my income from my previous home country can be added to my MAGI from before September 20? As far as I know I won't need to pay taxes for that income and I don't think it even needs to be included in my tax report when I file, however if I do not include that income into my MAGI, then I won't hit the minimum poverty line income to be eligible for the tax credits.

I cannot find info on this for people who immigrated by the end of the year and nobody at marketplace or even from tax consultant companies could give me a straight answer on this.

Currently I have an approved application on the marketplace for APTC, but I included all of my annual income, even the one from before I have become a resident.

Thank you!

They took photos of us, but no fingerprints. We both received our cards. I wouldn't worry. If the officer let you in and processed your files, then it should be okay. They don't use the fingerprint nor the photo from the airport for producing the card. I suppose you had your fingerprints taken at the consulate.

If you are still worried. You can try calling USCIS and tell the robot, that you need infopass appointment. That will connect you to an agent. Then you can ask the agent, if he sees that your documents arrived to USCIS properly and if everything is okay with your cases, they are able to check this for you. If the agent doesn't want to help because of whatever reason, I would try again to get a different agent. Mine was very helpful.

Also, when you logon to Myuscis it should have a Submitted on: xxxxxxx line, just under your case Subject. If that date is a date after your entry, then most probably your documents have arrived to USCIS properly on that date.
Yes, I had my fingerprints taken at my embassy.
I should be ok as you say just I wanted reassure myself by knowing ppl under situation like mine.
I will wait another 40 days to contact with USCIS.
As for your tax deduction matter, I would consult with a stuff form financial department in my firm or a labor and social security attorney to handle it.
Thank for your advise.

Seems that lots of us feel confused about the SSN
I have changed my US mailing address several times
1. DS-260
2. During the interview
3. Entering US
4. USCIS online account (my current address)
My question is, which place will SSA send my SSN to?
I have been 3 weeks and nothing is received. I called the local SSA but they said that they could not find my record.
So I made an appointment but the date was late December.
The officer mentioned that there was a risk that I would have 2 SSN. SSA would know if really there were 2 numbers, right?

Seems that lots of us feel confused about the SSN
I have changed my US mailing address several times
1. DS-260
2. During the interview
3. Entering US
4. USCIS online account (my current address)
My question is, which place will SSA send my SSN to?
I have been 3 weeks and nothing is received. I called the local SSA but they said that they could not find my record.
So I made an appointment but the date was late December.
The officer mentioned that there was a risk that I would have 2 SSN. SSA would know if really there were 2 numbers, right?
1. The address you provided at the POE, if it gets mailed before your December appointment.
2. The person you spoke with had no idea what they were saying. There is no risk of getting issued with 2 SSN, it never happens. Your immigration status will get verified before a SSN gets issued, if one has previously been issued, their system will show that.

We entered in the first week off October at LAX. Our fingerprints were not taken, however our photo was.

I was worried from reading other posts this would impact getting the physical green card, but we’ve received them today.

Our fingerprints were taken several times at the consulate interview.
I just thought I’d add to what I posted, while they did take our photo at the POE, the photo on the physical cards is the one that we provided to the consulate at interview.

Hi All,

Anyone here travelled recently to US and can confirm just an Antigen Covid test is required and not PCB? So many mixed messages out there!

Hi All,

Anyone here travelled recently to US and can confirm just an Antigen Covid test is required and not PCB? So many mixed messages out there!
We travelled in October, all the details of required tests are on the CDC website. More details can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...national-air-travelers.html#anchor_1635127081

It provides details on who requires tests, how long before and what type of tests are required, what has to be included on the test (full name, passport number etc). We had to get a RT-PCR test. I don’t know if it’s changed now, but the CDC is the true source of information so check that.

When we booked our test (Capital Pathology) there was an option to select “International travel” and then you select the country, date and time. Once we did that it knew the requirements the CDC had and shows you when to book, what you need etc.

They gave the results within about 2 hours, and then we were able to upload them on the airline app.

Hi All,

I'm not sure if an antigen test is required specifically, to the exclusion of a PCR test. Most people consider a PCR test to be superior so I think that's accepted too. I traveled on the 31st of October and I used an antigen test. They are faster and less intrusive so I didn't bother to look into getting a PCR. I was asked for it by the airline staff when getting my boarding passes. I just had a printout with my name, date of birth etc.

That said, the rules changed on Nov 8th I believe, so I'm not sure how much use that is!

We traveled to Guam from Japan on October 13 and our green card was mailed out on November 16. We got our pictures taken at the airport but no fingerprints. I think you'll be fine - just give another month or so =)
Hope this helps!
That's great you've got your GC in that short period! and hopefully your SSN as well(。ゝ(ェ)・)-☆

1. The address you provided at the POE, if it gets mailed before your December appointment.
2. The person you spoke with had no idea what they were saying. There is no risk of getting issued with 2 SSN, it never happens. Your immigration status will get verified before a SSN gets issued, if one has previously been issued, their system will show that.
Agree, thanks Mom

That's great you've got your GC in that short period! and hopefully your SSN as well(。ゝ(ェ)・)-☆
Thank you! We received our SSN cards pretty quickly, like within two weeks after the initial entry.
By the way, I think we might have spoken over Twitter? (I'm the same person as dv2021_jp, my apologies if i'm mistaken)

Thank you! We received our SSN cards pretty quickly, like within two weeks after the initial entry.
By the way, I think we might have spoken over Twitter? (I'm the same person as dv2021_jp, my apologies if i'm mistaken)
You must be lucky as only half of our entries reportedly received SSN.
Yes that was me on twitter your support was very helpful thanks!

Hi @Sm1smom

I just got my physical green card (it was sent to my friend's address), but I'm currently back in my home country.

When I fly back to US, will the temporary I-551 + stamp on my passport still be valid? Or do I need to ask my friend to send the physical green card to me?

Thanks

Hi @Sm1smom

I just got my physical green card (it was sent to my friend's address), but I'm currently back in my home country.

When I fly back to US, will the temporary I-551 + stamp on my passport still be valid? Or do I need to ask my friend to send the physical green card to me?

Thanks
The endorsed visa (temporary GC) on your passport is valid for one year from the day it was endorsed, it can be used in place of the plastic GC during that period.