• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Nope, my statement is not incorrect. Those visas from the lawsuit were issued AFTER the ban came into effect, and that is why there was a limitation on their entry. If you read properly what I said, it was

This is factual and is even in the text of the proclamation that announced the ban, here is the relevant extract for you:

The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall apply only to aliens who:
(i) …
(ii) do not have an immigrant visa that is valid on the effective date of this proclamation; and
(iii) …

So again, if there is suddenly a ban announced it will have no effect on existing visa holders - things do not happen retroactively. Again, please don’t panic people for no reason. And don’t tell me I’m wrong when I’m not.
You are wrong , this is a fact , people with visa couldn't enter the US because of the ban . and just because the previous ban made some exclusions , nothing legally can prevent the president of making a ban that includes people with valid visas . I am not making people panic , I am reassuring people in a nice way instead of making fun of their human stress like you did.

You are wrong , this is a fact , people with visa couldn't enter the US because of the ban . and just because the previous ban made some exclusions , nothing legally can prevent the president of making a ban that includes people with valid visas . I am not making people panic , I am reassuring people in a nice way instead of making fun of their human stress like you did.
You. Are. Wrong. Just wrong. Just stop posting rubbish please. People who held visas before the ban came into effect were allowed in. I know one personally.

I am not making fun of stress. I am telling them there is no reason to panic. You are telling them there it is rational to panic over something that is not going to happen! How is that helping them?

Last edited:
So you are saying the president hypothetically can't make a ban that prevent people with visa from entry , really ? you are wrong , denying it doesn't make it right . Writing in bold font or capital letters even wouldn't make it right.

And telling someone that about Mars attack isn't making fun of someone stress ... if that was a sense of humor in reassuring a stressed person , you failed.

So you are saying the president hypothetically can't make a ban that prevent people with visa from entry , really ? you are wrong , denying it doesn't make it right . Writing in bold font or capital letters even wouldn't make it right.

And telling someone that about Mars attack isn't making fun of someone stress ... if that was a sense of humor in reassuring a stressed person , you failed.
Actually, I believe it is a matter of law that they cannot retroactively do things like that. So yes. Otherwise Trump would surely have done it, no? And what reason on this earth do you think Biden, who openly campaigned in favor of DV, would have for any sort of ban on DV much less a retroactive one? What is rational about fearing that as an outcome?

The point I was making was that it is about as likely as a Mars attack for something to go wrong and that person be denied entry with their DV. it wasn’t intended to be humorous. It was intended to make a point. If you didn’t get it, well so what.

as matter of law , the president can . Not saying that president Biden will , but he has the power for sure . read the law .

Using Mars attack as probability example is failure for sure. no stressed immigrant will appreciate information in such way . it is what it is .

You know someone asked me the other day how I have the patience to stay on this forum, well I think I’ve just lost the last thread of it with this BS continued arguing over a baseless point. Thanks/congrats @wskamel ..you are the one that finally pushed me over the edge here .. you can all go panic yourselves into a frenzy with no rational input, I don’t care any longer. Bye all.

Has anyone else had trouble loading any US Gov immigration pages, I keep getting;

This site can’t be reached​

travel.state.gov’s server IP address could not be found.

I have cleared my cache and cookies, still no luck.
Any ideas?

Hi dears,
Sorry if the question has been already asked but just wondering how long takes the full process getting the green card once we reached US
We’ve got our visa on last September and we are planning to go to LA for 1 week next week to activate our green card before our visa expires .
I am a bit stressed and have a couple of questions:
1. Is everything done at the airport ?
2. Do we have to go to any immigrant office once outside ?
3. Can we stay only 1 week in the US and get our green card later ? (We are planning to move definitely to US by next May 2022)
4. How should we pay the immigrant fee ? 5. Is there any other expenses for the green card processes ?
Thanks in advance for your help

Good Morning everyone,
I was a DV 2021 selectees and after submitting DS-260 and the supporting documents I did not get any answer so i thought it was over and the fiscal year ended and now I am planning to study on the US with an F-1 visas but I was refused 2 times because I was a DV lottery selectees so the officer said that I have an intent of immigration. What can I do???????

Thanks.

Hi dears,
Sorry if the question has been already asked but just wondering how long takes the full process getting the green card once we reached US
We’ve got our visa on last September and we are planning to go to LA for 1 week next week to activate our green card before our visa expires .
I am a bit stressed and have a couple of questions:
1. Is everything done at the airport ?
2. Do we have to go to any immigrant office once outside ?
3. Can we stay only 1 week in the US and get our green card later ? (We are planning to move definitely to US by next May 2022)
4. How should we pay the immigrant fee ? 5. Is there any other expenses for the green card processes ?
Thanks in advance for your help
1. This question about “everything” is rather vague or too broad to be answered. Please be specific.
2. No, usually not.
3. Yes.
4. The embassy should have included the instructions with your visa/passport. Anyway go through the below link for further guidance on that.
5. No.

Good Morning everyone,
I was a DV 2021 selectees and after submitting DS-260 and the supporting documents I did not get any answer so i thought it was over and the fiscal year ended and now I am planning to study on the US with an F-1 visas but I was refused 2 times because I was a DV lottery selectees so the officer said that I have an intent of immigration. What can I do???????

Thanks.
A previously demonstrated immigrant intent makes it hard to be issued with a NIV, the FY being over does not override the demonstrated immigrant intent.

The CO will need to be convinced you no longer harbor an immigrant intent and will depart from the US at the end of study before they can/will issue you with a NIV. You’ll need to demonstrate you have strong ties/reasons to return.

It's so stupid that someone got denied for another visa because he won the DV. So they can also say for all the applicants that they have an immigrant intent, right? All the data is in the system? It's a BS.

A previously demonstrated immigrant intent makes it hard to be issued with a NIV, the FY being over does not override the demonstrated immigrant intent.

The CO will need to be convinced you no longer harbor an immigrant intent and will depart from the US at the end of study before they can/will issue you with a NIV. You’ll need to demonstrate you have strong ties/reasons to return.
How about derivative applicants? If parents are DV selectees, and they don't make it. Will their kids have a problem later getting a student visa? Their parents had the intention to immigrate, it's not that they had a choice as minors...

It's so stupid that someone got denied for another visa because he won the DV. So they can also say for all the applicants that they have an immigrant intent, right? All the data is in the system? It's a BS.
Hmmn, nothing stupid in what happened here. No one got denied another visa because they won the DV. OP got denied a NIV due to a demonstrated immigrant intent and the inability to convince the CO they have strong ties which will ensure their return to their home country at the end of their program, not simply because they won the DV lottery.

In general, all NIV applicants are presumed to harbor an immigrant intent, the onus is therefore on them to demonstrate they have strong ties (that will necessitate their departure from the US) to overcome this presumed immigrant intent. The presumed immigrant intent becomes a demonstrated immigrant intent upon the submission of the DS260 form (which is the reason we keep telling DV selectees, especially those with high CNs to not rush into submitting the DS260 form).

As to your remark of this being stupid and BS, FYI: being selected does not constitute a demonstrated immigrant intent nor does it automatically lead to a NIV denial if no steps have been taken to initiate or process the DV selection. Also, several selectees who did submit the DS260 and were waiting to be scheduled for their interview have successfully obtained NIV during that process as a matter of fact. They were able to convince the COs of their strong ties necessitating their return back home even with the ongoing demonstrated immigrant intent.

How about derivative applicants? If parents are DV selectees, and they don't make it. Will their kids have a problem later getting a student visa? Their parents had the intention to immigrate, it's not that they had a choice as minors...
Anyone applying for a NIV is expected to be able to demonstrate they have strong ties that will necessitate their return back home regardless of if an immigrant intent has ever been demonstrated in the past or not, or if they were minors when the immigrant intent was expressed by virtue of decisions made by their parents.

There’s something called the totality of the circumstances which is taken into consideration when decisions are being made wether to approve or deny a visa application, it is not just about an expressed or demonstrated immigrant intent alone. Each application will be reviewed and assessed on its merits or demerits. If the applicant is able to convince the CO the previously demonstrated immigrant intent no longer exists, they have strong ties to their home country, and they have the means to sustain themselves and their educational adventures without resorting to public benefits in the US, they shouldn’t have a problem with being issued with a student visa.

Hmmn, nothing stupid in what happened here. No one got denied another visa because they won the DV. OP got denied a NIV due to a demonstrated immigrant intent and the inability to convince the CO they have strong ties which will ensure their return to their home country at the end of their program, not simply because they won the DV lottery.

In general, all NIV applicants are presumed to harbor an immigrant intent, the onus is therefore on them to demonstrate they have strong ties (that will necessitate their departure from the US) to overcome this presumed immigrant intent. The presumed immigrant intent becomes a demonstrated immigrant intent upon the submission of the DS260 form (which is the reason we keep telling DV selectees, especially those with high CNs to not rush into submitting the DS260 form).

As to your remark of this being stupid and BS, FYI: being selected does not constitute a demonstrated immigrant intent nor does it automatically lead to a NIV denial if no steps have been taken to initiate or process the DV selection. Also, several selectees who did submit the DS260 and were waiting to be scheduled for their interview have successfully obtained NIV during that process as a matter of fact. They were able to convince the COs of their strong ties necessitating their return back home even with the ongoing demonstrated immigrant intent.
I understand everything but I think all the applicants "play to win", not only to participate? Of course I'm aware that not all of them will pursue the DV after winning, but technically "playing to get a DV" is also an immigrant intent. Bottom line, you depend on CO mood.

I understand everything but I think all the applicants "play to win", not only to participate? Of course I'm aware that not all of them will pursue the DV after winning, but technically "playing to get a DV" is also an immigrant intent. Bottom line, you depend on CO mood.
Again, every NIV applicant is presumed to have an immigrant intent. You don’t have to submit an E-DV entry in order for you to be presumed to have an immigrant intent, it is as simple as that. However there’s a difference between “presumed” and “demonstrating” an immigrant intent. Submitting an E-DV entry does not constitute a demonstrated immigrant intent, it still falls under presumed to have an immigrant intent. Big difference between those two words.

Is there anyone who already entered the US for the activation but neither had your photo nor finger prints taken at the airport?
I started to worry as the officer who was in charge seemed to be an apprentice.
He said it was the first time for him to stamp on a passport page..

Is there anyone who already entered the US for the activation but neither had your photo nor finger prints taken at the airport?

We entered in the first week off October at LAX. Our fingerprints were not taken, however our photo was.

I was worried from reading other posts this would impact getting the physical green card, but we’ve received them today.

Our fingerprints were taken several times at the consulate interview.

What was your port of entry ?