• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Hmmn, no your original post did not state that. I wouldn't have asked the questions I asked if you had stated that earlier on.
Sorry maybe a misunderstanding :)

I wrote a mail on 23 October, asking for my status, telling them that I am a GOH Plaintiff and requesting them to schedule me an interview.
I also attached a mail then where they inform me that they have my documents and DS Form but are not processed yet.
1635361046216.png
And today I received this e-mail.
1635361080304.png

Now, my question is, whether I should send my documents again? Is this a request for resending documents? Can this resending cause delay in my processing?
Because I already sent the documents on 15th of May 2021 in full order.:rolleyes:

Tnx :)

Sorry maybe a misunderstanding :)

I wrote a mail on 23 October, asking for my status, telling them that I am a GOH Plaintiff and requesting them to schedule me an interview.
I also attached a mail then where they inform me that they have my documents and DS Form but are not processed yet.
View attachment 3118
And today I received this e-mail.
View attachment 3119

Now, my question is, whether I should send my documents again? Is this a request for resending documents? Can this resending cause delay in my processing?
Because I already sent the documents on 15th of May 2021 in full order.:rolleyes:

Tnx :)
So again, that is one of the generic responses KCC often send. IMO, it is not a request for you to send in your documents, especially since they previously confirmed receipt of your documents.

I know I am getting irrational or even paranoid planning my family's activation trip. Trying to cover all bases. What should one do if he got stopped at the immigration counter for some unforeseeable reasons? I assume he will be denied entry but what would happen after that? He has to buy a return ticket for the next immediate flight back to where he came from? Will his papers be taken away or nullified and his visa invalidated? Can he try to enter again when he has got his problems sorted? TIA!

I know I am getting irrational or even paranoid planning my family's activation trip. Trying to cover all bases. What should one do if he got stopped at the immigration counter for some unforeseeable reasons? I assume he will be denied entry but what would happen after that? He has to buy a return ticket for the next immediate flight back to where he came from? Will his papers be taken away or nullified and his visa invalidated? Can he try to enter again when he has got his problems sorted? TIA!
And an alien could land from Mars at the exact same time you are trying to enter and zap your CBP officer, what then? For heavens sake, if there was any problem it would have come up before the visa was granted. Did anyone commit a serious crime between being issued the visa and now? No? Stop worrying.

I understand you are worried, obviously you put a lot of energy in this project and want to do everything that you can. I can tell you however, once you have your immigration packet you are good unless you do something really serious in between, like kill a guy, or get arrested for smuggling drugs or whatever.
I was a bit worried too, especially with all the covid restrictions and you know what happened at the entry? Nothing, there wasn't any questioning apart the necessary, if the address we provided is still correct etc.. the officer was very nice, he opened the envelope, put the stamps in the passport and wished us the best of luck.

You aren't irrational , looking at what happened last year when Pandemic started and followed by immigration ban , no one can really say there should be nothing to stop you. But at this point , nothing more you can do other than just follow the law and prepare for your travel. Best of luck.

You aren't irrational , looking at what happened last year when Pandemic started and followed by immigration ban , no one can really say there should be nothing to stop you. But at this point , nothing more you can do other than just follow the law and prepare for your travel. Best of luck.
No one who already held a valid immigrant visa when the ban came into place was prevented from entering. So not a good example of a reason to panic.

Hi
I've entered Guam today and finished my activation at the airport.But did u know that u only receive greencard but not SSID? I need another paperwork at another place and idk if I can do it by my return flight cuz I must have my COVID tested as well...

Hi
I've entered Guam today and finished my activation at the airport.But did u know that u only receive greencard but not SSID? I need another paperwork at another place and idk if I can do it by my return flight cuz I must have my COVID tested as well...
That’s not true , if you checked the box on the ds260 for SSN it should come automatically. Not sure how many immigration activations Guam sees, the officer may not have been fully informed about how all the non-immigration specific stuff works (He/she would not necessarily know SS details as that is an entirely different department)

That’s not true , if you checked the box on the ds260 for SSN it should come automatically. Not sure how many immigration activations Guam sees, the officer may not have been fully informed about how all the non-immigration specific stuff works (He/she would not necessarily know SS details as that is an entirely different department)
Yes, I checked the SSN box fore sure, but they didn't even review my documents in the orange envelope and also no finger prints were taken. Idk why they are so clueless about SS. I will ask them tomorrow thanks.

Yes, I checked the SSN box fore sure, but they didn't even review my documents in the orange envelope and also no finger prints were taken. Idk why they are so clueless about SS. I will ask them tomorrow thanks.
I explained that already. It’s a different department that is not directly immigration-related. Why do you think asking them again will help?
Did they take your envelope? Some officers make a point of “reviewing“ the contents but honestly there’s nothing in there they can do anything about. There is no need for them to “review” documents. Their job is to make sure the envelope gets to uscis.

I explained that already. It’s a different department that is not directly immigration-related. Why do you think asking them again will help?
Did they take your envelope? Some officers make a point of “reviewing“ the contents but honestly there’s nothing in there they can do anything about. There is no need for them to “review” documents. Their job is to make sure the envelope gets to uscis.
Are you saying USCIS will review my documents so I don't have to bother visiting the airport nor SS department but I still have my SSN sent?

Are you saying USCIS will review my documents so I don't have to bother visiting the airport nor SS department but I still have my SSN sent?
I’m saying the guys at the airport are not the ones who contact the SSA.
If you don’t have a SS card within 4 weeks, then contact the SSA.

I’m saying the guys at the airport are not the ones who contact the SSA.
If you don’t have a SS card within 4 weeks, then contact the SSA.

We entered US over 3 weeks ago (LAX), never received our SSN. We ticked the box on the DS260. When we arrived we were told if we don’t receive it after 3 weeks to call, the SSA website also states the same.

We called SSA - the national number was pretty useless and unhelpful. Then called our local office, they were helpful but said ignore the 3 week timeline, they said it’s taking over 30 days after arrival before they begin processing. He checked the system with our Alien/USCIS numbers and names and couldn’t see anything so said it hasn’t even been processed with SSA yet and as it’s not far off 30 days to make an appointment. So he made us an appointment for mid November (soonest available). We have to fill out an application, bring all our documents etc. He said this happens a lot for new arrivals. After the appointment it will be about 2 weeks before the SSN Card arrives.

He said if by chance it’s processed in the meantime and arrives just to cancel the appointment. Said it was best to make the appointment as with limited availability (covid) and the holidays coming up it could take a lot longer if we waited.

So all up it will be about 8 weeks after arrival before we receive a SSN. It’s a bit of a ridiculous system but it is what it is, like this whole process just have to be patient.

I understand you are worried, obviously you put a lot of energy in this project and want to do everything that you can. I can tell you however, once you have your immigration packet you are good unless you do something really serious in between, like kill a guy, or get arrested for smuggling drugs or whatever.
I was a bit worried too, especially with all the covid restrictions and you know what happened at the entry? Nothing, there wasn't any questioning apart the necessary, if the address we provided is still correct etc.. the officer was very nice, he opened the envelope, put the stamps in the passport and wished us the best of luck.

Thank you my friends for the reassurance. Best of luck in your new lives in the US.

We entered US over 3 weeks ago (LAX), never received our SSN. We ticked the box on the DS260. When we arrived we were told if we don’t receive it after 3 weeks to call, the SSA website also states the same.

We called SSA - the national number was pretty useless and unhelpful. Then called our local office, they were helpful but said ignore the 3 week timeline, they said it’s taking over 30 days after arrival before they begin processing. He checked the system with our Alien/USCIS numbers and names and couldn’t see anything so said it hasn’t even been processed with SSA yet and as it’s not far off 30 days to make an appointment. So he made us an appointment for mid November (soonest available). We have to fill out an application, bring all our documents etc. He said this happens a lot for new arrivals. After the appointment it will be about 2 weeks before the SSN Card arrives.

He said if by chance it’s processed in the meantime and arrives just to cancel the appointment. Said it was best to make the appointment as with limited availability (covid) and the holidays coming up it could take a lot longer if we waited.

So all up it will be about 8 weeks after arrival before we receive a SSN. It’s a bit of a ridiculous system but it is what it is, like this whole process just have to be patient.
I think a lot of this is covid and Covid backlogs. When we entered pre pandemic we got our SS cards in less than ten days, which was standard at the time. In those days you’d just go into the office if it didn’t arrive but because of Covid you now have to have an appointment.

No one who already held a valid immigrant visa when the ban came into place was prevented from entering. So not a good example of a reason to panic.
Your statement is incorrect . the ban prevented immigrant with visas from entry , until revoked . you can ask Brit Simon or check official link below https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ssion-of-presidential-proclamation-10014.html

"individuals who received diversity visas in 2020 as a result of orders in the court case Gomez v. Trump may travel to the United States on an expired visa as the court ordered the government to treat these visas as though they were issued on the date P.P. 10014 was rescinded. The court did not specify for how long the visas would be considered valid. Additionally, it may be possible that the court order could be changed or modified in some important respect. Therefore, applicants wishing to benefit from the order are encouraged to travel as soon as practicable as the order could change. "

Your statement is incorrect . the ban prevented immigrant with visas from entry , until revoked . you can ask Brit Simon or check official link below https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ssion-of-presidential-proclamation-10014.html

"individuals who received diversity visas in 2020 as a result of orders in the court case Gomez v. Trump may travel to the United States on an expired visa as the court ordered the government to treat these visas as though they were issued on the date P.P. 10014 was rescinded. The court did not specify for how long the visas would be considered valid. Additionally, it may be possible that the court order could be changed or modified in some important respect. Therefore, applicants wishing to benefit from the order are encouraged to travel as soon as practicable as the order could change. "
Nope, my statement is not incorrect. Those visas from the lawsuit were issued AFTER the ban came into effect, and that is why there was a limitation on their entry. If you read properly what I said, it was
This is factual and is even in the text of the proclamation that announced the ban, here is the relevant extract for you:

The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall apply only to aliens who:
(i) …
(ii) do not have an immigrant visa that is valid on the effective date of this proclamation; and
(iii) …

So again, if there is suddenly a ban announced it will have no effect on existing visa holders - things do not happen retroactively. Again, please don’t panic people for no reason. And don’t tell me I’m wrong when I’m not.

Last edited:
I don't remember details exactly, but I know some visas expired because people could not enter the US due to ban. Their visas were reissued later in September.

I don't remember details exactly, but I know some visas expired because people could not enter the US due to ban. Their visas were reissued later in September.
As above, the proclamation specifically stated that existing visa holders were not subject to the ban. There were a lot of people who were unable to fly because of country lockdowns and cancelled flights during the worst of the pandemic - maybe that is what you are thinking of. I personally know someone from SA who got issued his visa a couple of days before the ban and traveled to the US with no issues after the ban came into effect. They landed late May.