• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

The trigger for card production is the later of fee payment or entering the US - both have to have taken place. SSN should be within a few weeks, GC can take 1-2 months or even a bit longer sometimes.
I don’t know about the fee payment error, afaik they take the same name details as are on the actual visa for the green card.
Thank you @SusieQQQ

In the Goh final order, Judge Mehta gave us a %31 chance of adjudication, assuming that the total number of plaintiffs including derivatives is 1550. (0.31 x 1550 = 481 reserved visas)

But we know that as of Sept 27th, some 149 Goh plaintiffs (356 incl. derivatives) were already adjudicated.

By subtracting the number of adjudicated plaintiffs and their derivatives from the original total, we get 1194 plaintiffs and their derivatives who are awaiting adjudication. (1550 original total - 356 already adjudicated = 1194)

Now, by applying the same formula on the new total, and ignoring all other factors, like refusals and adjudicated APs or DQs, we see the odds jump from %31 to %40. (481 reserved visas / 1194 new total = %40.2 chance of adjudication)

I think if we have more accurate data, our chances of adjudication could possibly reach %50 if we take into account the number of actual refused interviews and number of adjudicated plaintiffs between Sept 27th and Sept 30th.

I have asked Charles and Aaron for updated information about current status of all Goh plaintiffs. Hopefully they provide us with more accurate data soon.

Last edited:
In the Goh final order, Judge Mehta gave us a %31 chance of adjudication, assuming that the total number of plaintiffs including derivatives is 1550. (0.31 x 1550 = 481 reserved visas)

But we know that as of Sept 27th, some 149 Goh plaintiffs (356 incl. derivatives) were already adjudicated.

By subtracting the number of adjudicated plaintiffs and their derivatives from the original total, we get 1194 plaintiffs and their derivatives who are awaiting adjudication. (1550 original total - 356 already adjudicated = 1194)

Now, by applying the same formula on the new total, and ignoring all other factors, like refusals and adjudicated APs or DQs, we see the odds jump from %31 to %40. (481 reserved visas / 1194 new total = %40.2 chance of adjudication)

I think if we have more accurate data, our chances of adjudication could possibly reach %50 if we take into account the number of actual refused interviews and number of adjudicated plaintiffs between Sept 27th and Sept 30th.

I have asked Charles and Aaron for updated information about current status of all Goh plaintiffs. Hopefully they provide us with more accurate data soon.
That’s only if DoS randomly processed Goh plaintiffs without regard to DQ status.

But if they gave priority to DQ plaintiffs, the situation changes dramatically. The odds of adjudication jump from %40 to %100 for plaintiffs on AP and DQ plaintiffs because we have around 112 DQ Goh plaintiffs and some few on AP. If we estimate the number of DQ plaintiffs and their derivatives +AP, we will get a number around 300 individuals. This leaves only 181 visas available for non-DQ plaintiffs.

All of a sudden, the chances of non-DQ plaintiffs drop from %40 to %20 (1194 total - 300 DQ plaintiffs = 894).
(181/894 = %20 chance)

Please note these numbers are not by any means accurate and are just for the purpose of sharing my theory.

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight. It's been over two weeks now so I will head in next week.

No they didn't take finger prints but they took them when I had my interview at the US embassy in my home country. Hopefully the green card arrives quickly for you and you don't have to go in to see someone about it.

FYI because of covid situation, you can only enter SSA office if you have an appointment. Make sure to call them first.

FYI because of covid situation, you can only enter SSA office if you have an appointment. Make sure to call them first.
I will share my experience regarding the SSN and GC
I was admitted to the US through Abu Dhabi Airport arriving June 13th 2021 fingerprints were taken there
The GC arrived in July 21st and the SSN in July 26th
I had to book appointment and visit the nearest office to get it done it was Done in July 19th , although in the website mentions that there is no need to visit the SSn will be arrived within 2 weeks after admitting the US but I think due the covid situation things missed up

Hello everyone
Do any of you know what vaccines are required for the diversity visa? I looked on the embassy website but I'm not sure if all of these vaccines are mandatory.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello everyone
Do any of you know what vaccines are required for the diversity visa? I looked on the embassy website but I'm not sure if all of these vaccines are mandatory.
You will need to navigate to the your consulate's page in https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html. Within that consulate page, you will find the medical exam instructions and the list of approved physicians. If you navigate to one of the physicians website(if any), you should find the list of mandatory vaccinations by age group. Or you could also call the approved physician's office and inquire about the same.

You will need to navigate to the your consulate's page in https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html. Within that consulate page, you will find the medical exam instructions and the list of approved physicians. If you navigate to one of the physicians website(if any), you should find the list of mandatory vaccinations by age group. Or you could also call the approved physician's office and inquire about the same.
Thank you for your help
Have a good day.

Hello everyone
Please don’t spam the boards by posting the same question in more than one thread.

A diversity visa is an immigrant visa and requires the same vaccines as any other immigrant visa as determined by the CDC. What is required in your particular case depends on your age, whether or not you have any contraindications, what vaccines you had before, what illnesses you had before, what is available in your country, and whether or not it is flu season.

Yes, you can call your local panel doctor and ask. Many will tell you not do do anything in advance of the medical exam other than maybe take a titer test and possibly now, the Covid vaccine especially if it’s a two step one where you are.

Please don’t spam the boards by posting the same question in more than one thread.

A diversity visa is an immigrant visa and requires the same vaccines as any other immigrant visa as determined by the CDC. What is required in your particular case depends on your age, whether or not you have any contraindications, what vaccines you had before, what illnesses you had before, what is available in your country, and whether or not it is flu season.

Yes, you can call your local panel doctor and ask. Many will tell you not do do anything in advance of the medical exam other than maybe take a titer test and possibly now, the Covid vaccine especially if it’s a two step one where you are.
Hello,
I apologize if I have interfered with the thread. I thought it would be more appropriate to post on both the "DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)" conversation and the "DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES" conversation.

Indeed, the participants of the 2 conversation threads are different but are as well concerned as each other and could therefore bring me their help.
In any case, thank you for your answer and for your help to all.
I was able to get the answer I was looking for and that's the main thing.

Sharing this info for future DV applicants in Montreal based on recent experience , these are in addition to what is listed on the official website , preparing this can help you have smoother interview

1) Translation: they are looking to see original translation and provide photocopy , this can be problem if you got translation by email or it is simply a print that you can't differentiate between it and copy
Also , if your birth certificate or any other document are multiple pages , translate all pages , even if the information in these pages are just template or trivial
2) Status in Canada : if you are not submitting Canadian passport , you need to show legal status in Canada like PR card , and photocopy
3) Education : while they list to bring high school degree , they asked for all degrees including high school ( not only high school or high school + highest degree ) , and photocopy
4) If you have US citizen kid , Bring his/her passport
5) Financial : not everyone was asked about it , but some got asked about it , be prepared to show proof of financial means to self support.
6) Medical Test results are now electronically submitted by panel physician to consulate , it is no longer hand submitted by applicant

This is personal opinion , if you get short notice for interview ( I really wish no one has to go with same situation ) , Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas was super accommodating and helping in this situation for Medical test with short notice

Good luck to everyone .

Hi All! I am just double-checking as we want to stay out of trouble. We entered 3 weeks ago, we have the admitted stamps on our MRIVs abd we received our SS cards. Are we allowed to start working immediately while we are waiting for the actual green cards to be produced or is there any step in between? Thanks!

Hi All! I am just double-checking as we want to stay out of trouble. We entered 3 weeks ago, we have the admitted stamps on our MRIVs abd we received our SS cards. Are we allowed to start working immediately while we are waiting for the actual green cards to be produced or is there any step in between? Thanks!
Yes you are allowed to start working

Reactions: TSU
Hi All! Sorry to bother you again, but there is one weird thing happening, I am not sure if that is normal. My wife's case status is nicely progressing, it has been already updated to Card mailed, however mine is still stuck on Immigrant fee payment received. I am the primary applicant and we entered together of course. Is this normal?

Hi All! Sorry to bother you again, but there is one weird thing happening, I am not sure if that is normal. My wife's case status is nicely progressing, it has been already updated to Card mailed, however mine is still stuck on Immigrant fee payment received. I am the primary applicant and we entered together of course. Is this normal?
How long ago did you enter and how long ago did her status change? A few days difference sometimes happens, if it’s longer than that there is usually a problem, however you can’t raise an inquiry until 3 months after entry.

How long ago did you enter and how long ago did her status change? A few days difference sometimes happens, if it’s longer than that there is usually a problem, however you can’t raise an inquiry until 3 months after entry.
We entered on the 20th of September. Her status changed on the 12th of October to Card is being produced and it changed today on the 15th to Card is being mailed to me. Mine is still on Immigrant fee payment received. (we paid the fees together on the 3rd of September)
I find it kinda weird as I am the primary applicant.

We entered on the 20th of September. Her status changed on the 12th of October to Card is being produced and it changed today on the 15th to Card is being mailed to me. Mine is still on Immigrant fee payment received. (we paid the fees together on the 3rd of September)
I find it kinda weird as I am the primary applicant.
Once the LPR status gets activated, the principal/primary applicant and derivative becomes irrelevant going forward.

Once the LPR status gets activated, the principal/primary applicant and derivative becomes irrelevant going forward.
I see, but is it common to have such a time difference in proocessing? I thought it is done more or less at the same time.

I see, but is it common to have such a time difference in proocessing? I thought it is done more or less at the same time.
i answered that in my first response. Anyway there is nothing you can do for now. I will note that your wife’s status changed to production much faster than seems usual right now.