• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Honestly, I don’t know how our lawyers came up with this number (2250).
ALL Goh plaintiffs AND their derivatives are certainly less than 2250 individuals.
Maybe they over-asked in hope that they will get relief for their exact number of plaintiffs and their beneficiaries.

There is no way for us to know how many Goh plaintiffs are DQ. The only way is to ask ckuck or Aaron as they are the only ones who have access to the self-submitted database that they sent to our emails on Sept 18th.

The Judge has his own point of view, where he wants plaintiffs to have the same probability of adjudication regardless of any other external factors. At least that’s what I understood from his order.

This puts us in another lottery though..
Yes, the only thing what I was trying to avoid, another lottery. I went crazy in a last few months and here we go again. :)

Sure, I understand that it's better than nothing, still unfortunately there is no mentioned follow up in the order, so how could we know how many visas left, how many dv2021 visas they've issued during the FY22...

I won't be able to listen Chuck an the crew this evening, but if you could ask about the DQ Goh plaintiffs, I would appreciate it!

There's another 944 visa reserved from judge Chutkan for certain EU countries affected with the Schengen ban. I think approx. 34 visa goes to each mentioned country. The case name is Raiv v Biden. So... maybe there's another light on the dark sky :)

It's better than nothing, but it's sad to see that Mehta thinks it's more important to prevent plaintiffs from getting an advantage than it is to prevent the government from getting away with illegal behavior. He acknowledges that they should have issued 76% of the usual number, but he is allowing them to issue less than 50%. So the precedent is set: they can simply refuse to issue diversity visas and mostly get away with it.

It's particularly frustrating when the "advantage" the plaintiffs would have received was not to be at anyone elses's expense, since no one else is going to get those visas anyway.

He also made a number of stupid mistakes: he used the incorrect number of selectees (nearly 138k) despite the Impact team pointing out this mistake in their last submission. So the correct percentage should have been more like 33% instead of 31%. But worse, he says

The Goh Plaintiffs represent that 1,550 Plaintiffs and their derivative beneficiaries have outstanding, not-finally-adjudicated visa applications.

..and then goes on to multiply 1550 by 0.31. What about the beneficiaries you just mentioned?! By his own logic, he should be multiplying that number by 1.92. Maybe he meant "1550 including their derivatives" but he's clearly being very careless either way.

I am no longer a plaintiff as I was able to do AoS but I'm pretty disappointed at this outcome.

Yes, the only thing what I was trying to avoid, another lottery. I went crazy in a last few months and here we go again. :)

Sure, I understand that it's better than nothing, still unfortunately there is no mentioned follow up in the order, so how could we know how many visas left, how many dv2021 visas they've issued during the FY22...

I won't be able to listen Chuck an the crew this evening, but if you could ask about the DQ Goh plaintiffs, I would appreciate it!

There's another 944 visa reserved from judge Chutkan for certain EU countries affected with the Schengen ban. I think approx. 34 visa goes to each mentioned country. The case name is Raiv v Biden. So... maybe there's another light on the dark sky :)
Sure I will ask him today.

It's better than nothing, but it's sad to see that Mehta thinks it's more important to prevent plaintiffs from getting an advantage than it is to prevent the government from getting away with illegal behavior. He acknowledges that they should have issued 76% of the usual number, but he is allowing them to issue less than 50%. So the precedent is set: they can simply refuse to issue diversity visas and mostly get away with it.

It's particularly frustrating when the "advantage" the plaintiffs would have received was not to be at anyone elses's expense, since no one else is going to get those visas anyway.

He also made a number of stupid mistakes: he used the incorrect number of selectees (nearly 138k) despite the Impact team pointing out this mistake in their last submission. So the correct percentage should have been more like 33% instead of 31%. But worse, he says

..and then goes on to multiply 1550 by 0.31. What about the beneficiaries you just mentioned?! By his own logic, he should be multiplying that number by 1.92. Maybe he meant "1550 including their derivatives" but he's clearly being very careless either way.

I am no longer a plaintiff as I was able to do AoS but I'm pretty disappointed at this outcome.
The whole thing is extremely frustrating and disappointing. I’m sure this uncertainty is driving many individuals insane.

But congrats on your green card either way :)

Last edited:
On the fingerprint topic. Found this on the internet, regarding the biometrics: If you are applying for immigration from outside the United States, your biometrics appointment will be at the U.S. consulate or embassy processing your application.
They did take fingerprints from me from all fingers at least twice during my interview. The officer at the entry took only a photo. I specifically asked him twice if he is sure there is nothing else to do and he said no, that's it, you will get your card within 90 days.
I already received my social security card, so I would assume everything is on track, but now I am not sure. Should we who fid not have our fingerprints taken take any action?
Hi there. How long did it take for your SSN to arrive? I got to the US two weeks ago and haven't received anything. Are you aware of any guidance on expected time for it arrive? Thanks in advance.

Its been a Roller coaster ride.Thank you all for the help, specially @SusieQQQ @Britsimon @Sm1smom for sharing your knowledge. Finally I'm taking a break from DV process. Good luck everyone in the process, I wish you all get GC soon..
I got my visa this morning. These 2 weeks are too exciting.
Also I would like to say thank you to @SusieQQQ @Britsimon @Sm1smom to answer my questions.
I hope other Goh plaintiffs can get their visas asap! Goodluck!
Nothing like a nail biting finish. Great news guys!

Just got a reply from KCC from an email sent on 09/20

Thank you for your message. Your inquiry is about a diversity visa case number from a prior program year. Information regarding the processing of diversity visas from FY2020 in accordance with the court order in Gomez v. Biden and information regarding the processing of diversity visas from FY2021 in accordance with the court orders in Rai v. Biden, Goodluck v. Biden, and Goh v. Blinken will be published on travel.state.gov as it becomes available.

Information about the lawsuits is included now in the standard response.

And also surprised they are working at this time on a Friday, message was sent 6:36 PM EDT

Hi there. How long did it take for your SSN to arrive? I got to the US two weeks ago and haven't received anything. Are you aware of any guidance on expected time for it arrive? Thanks in advance.
I don't know exactly as we went for a short vacation first before going to our place of residence. However it sure must have arrived within 1 week as when we arrived there it was already in the mailbox and we spent 1 week on vacation. I suggest you go to a social security office if it doesn't arrive in the next couple of days. As far as I know it is supposed to arrive within the first two weeks.

Did they take any fingerprints from you at the port of entry?

This is excellent news.This mean that KCC is aware of our lawsuits even if year has ended.I would expect answer like:"dv is over,dont bother us"but this mean that now officialy we exist through lawsuitd in eyes of KCC.

This is excellent news.This mean that KCC is aware of our lawsuits even if year has ended.I would expect answer like:"dv is over,dont bother us"but this mean that now officialy we exist through lawsuitd in eyes of KCC.
yes yes, I was going to post the same.

Last year when I contacted them after 2020fy, they replied just like you said: "dv is over,dont bother us".

I'm glad that they now acknowledge lawsuits.

I don't know exactly as we went for a short vacation first before going to our place of residence. However it sure must have arrived within 1 week as when we arrived there it was already in the mailbox and we spent 1 week on vacation. I suggest you go to a social security office if it doesn't arrive in the next couple of days. As far as I know it is supposed to arrive within the first two weeks.

Did they take any fingerprints from you at the port of entry?
Thanks for the insight. It's been over two weeks now so I will head in next week.

No they didn't take finger prints but they took them when I had my interview at the US embassy in my home country. Hopefully the green card arrives quickly for you and you don't have to go in to see someone about it.

Reactions: TSU
This is normal - as far as I recall there is no further update until the card is produced and put in the mail, and that could take a few weeks/couple of months. There is definitely no update just to indicate you’ve entered - the receipt number is for the green card and any further updates will be in respect to production and mailing of it,
Dear @SusieQQQ Do you know whether the SSN and GC will arrive few weeks after USCIS Immigrant visa fee payment OR after entering the country? Also I made a mistake while filling the USCIS online fee payment form. I realized that I entered my name incorrectly (First and Last names not complete). Would they take the name from this form to print the GC or the name on the actual DS260? My name on the myUSCIS account is correct. I sent them an email through myUSCIS account but no reply yet.

Dear @SusieQQQ Do you know whether the SSN and GC will arrive few weeks after USCIS Immigrant visa fee payment OR after entering the country? Also I made a mistake while filling the USCIS online fee payment form. I realized that I entered my name incorrectly (First and Last names not complete). Would they take the name from this form to print the GC or the name on the actual DS260? My name on the myUSCIS account is correct. I sent them an email through myUSCIS account but no reply yet.
The trigger for card production is the later of fee payment or entering the US - both have to have taken place. SSN should be within a few weeks, GC can take 1-2 months or even a bit longer sometimes.
I don’t know about the fee payment error, afaik they take the same name details as are on the actual visa for the green card.