• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Is the scar from TB? “Medical fitness” is not required as such but being free of TB is. Unfortunately if it is TB related and it takes that long, and you cannot get the medical cleared in time before fiscal year end, then you will not be able to get a visa.
Hi SusieQQQ,
No it's not from TB, I have done quarterly chest X-ray in 2015 and 2016 as it was a requirement in the country of resident and doctor confirmed it was just a scar. I'm just worry if this scar on my lung trouble me again.

Hi SusieQQQ,
No it's not from TB, I have done quarterly chest X-ray in 2015 and 2016 as it was a requirement in the country of resident and doctor confirmed it was just a scar. I'm just worry if this scar on my lung trouble me again.
Then to be honest I don’t understand why the doctor says it’s an issue for the visa medical. The things that matter are (1) what they call communicable diseases of public health significance and these are specifically listed (mainly, TB and some serious STDs) and (2) factors that may cause harm to self or others (drug use, alcoholism, some mental health disorders etc). I don’t see how an old scar makes a difference when even people with cancer can get visas. Of course, I am not the doctor. i just don’t understand why this is an issue, unless it is suspected to be related to TB. FYI you can see the medical requirements here https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/about/medical-exam-faqs.html#four

Anyone here have completed his interview in Paris last week ? Just to know if the waiting time is normal
We had our interview with my husband and my daughter last week on 16th but our case was put in AP (administrative processing). They kept our passports so wondering how long it could take to have the final decision?
thanks in advance for your answer

Anyone here have completed his interview in Paris last week ? Just to know if the waiting time is normal
We had our interview with my husband and my daughter last week on 16th but our case was put in AP (administrative processing). They kept our passports so wondering how long it could take to have the final decision?
thanks in advance for your answer
So did they give you an actual AP sheet to say that something needs to be checked/handed in, or did you just see AP on the CEAC website when you checked? If the latter, then this is probably just the default status while they complete processing. I believe processing time is usually around a week (or 5 working days).

So did they give you an actual AP sheet to say that something needs to be checked/handed in, or did you just see AP on the CEAC website when you checked? If the latter, then this is probably just the default status while they complete processing. I believe processing time is usually around a week (or 5 working days).
Yes actually the officer just gave us a white letter (221G) mentioning that they need to make a check before issuing the visa if approved . She did not ask for any other documents and did not fill it . On the CEAC website , the status is still the same than the first day of interview (“refused” for the main applicant but still showing “ready” for me and my daughter ) . All our documents were ok ; the only issue was on the country of chargeability while applying

Yes actually the officer just gave us a white letter (221G) mentioning that they need to make a check before issuing the visa if approved . She did not ask for any other documents and did not fill it . On the CEAC website , the status is still the same than the first day of interview (“refused” for the main applicant but still showing “ready” for me and my daughter ) . All our documents were ok ; the only issue was on the country of chargeability while applying
Can you explain what the issue with chargeability is? “Real” AP can be very variable in length of time but checking something like this should be relatively straightforward and hopefully relatively quick for them to do, assuming this was the only issue.

Can you explain what the issue with chargeability is? “Real” AP can be very variable in length of time but checking something like this should be relatively straightforward and hopefully relatively quick for them to do, assuming this was the only issue.
Actually, my husband is born in Tunisia but having French residency (French passport ) . Me and my daughter are born in France . As per the officer said, and since my husband was selected, he should have submitted his application under country where he is born and not where he is living . That’s the mistake we have done . When she asked for the reason , we just told her that actually we found both option and since we are all living in France , that was the most relevant option we choose . That’s the reason why she kept on hold the processing

Actually, my husband is born in Tunisia but having French residency (French passport ) . Me and my daughter are born in France . As per the officer said, and since my husband was selected, he should have submitted his application under country where he is born and not where he is living . That’s the mistake we have done . When she asked for the reason , we just told her that actually we found both option and since we are all living in France , that was the most relevant option we choose . That’s the reason why she kept on hold the processing
You needed to have done more than just saying “we found both option and since we are all living in France , that was the most relevant option we choose”.

Remember back in Sept 2020 when you mentioned this and I responded by saying you’ll both need to meet the eligibility requirements in order for your spouse to cross charge to your country of birth? You never bothered to follow up and ask what you needed to do in this case or how to prepare for the interview. Did you submit your educational records in addition to your husband’s, or only your husband provided the educational records to demonstrate he meets the eligibility requirements?