• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Sri Lankan Winners

@Atlan Can we do medical in 1day?

Yes, if you could reserve an appointment over the phone, you can do it in one day.

You can fill out the required forms and complete the medical at Asiri Surgical Hospital. Then you need to go to the Asiri Medical Hospital for vaccinations and come back to the Surgical again to hand over the vaccination cards. It takes 10-12 days for them to prepare the reports. You can collect the package close to the interview.

Hi..please tell us how to submit documents ?
Is it submit one by one with email ?

attache all documents to one email with proper naming convention as describe in your doc request email sent by KCC.

The KCC email requesting documents has not mentioned anything about how to name the files. So I referred the NVC Documents Scanning FAQ page (travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/establish-financial-support/docs-scan-faqs.html). The file names went as 2020AS0000XXXX_King_Atlan_Birth_Certificate.pdf, 2020AS0000XXXX_King_Atlan_Birth_Certificate_Translation.pdf, etc.

I unlock and resubmit DS 260 26/01/2020. I received auto email from KCC.I want to know , will I must wait to receive a anither email as a complete DS260 from KCC ?

Hi,

I'm a new member from Sri Lanka.
2020AS18XXX

Sent docs on 6th Jan, still didn't receive the confirmation.

Can someone please advice me to solve the below issue?

Name in NIC- A1xx Dxx Cxx A2xx
Other name in NIC- Dxx Cxx A2xx
Name in passport- A1xx Dxx Cxx A2xx
Name in DS260- A1xx Dxx Cxx A2xx
Name in my A/L & other school certificates- Dxx Cxx A2xx

Will it be a problem for me?
Is it sufficient to present an affidavit at the interview?
Or should I change the name in my A/L cert? ( I'm not sure whether it is possible to correct it from Dept of examinations)

Thanks in advance

Hi,

2020AS18XXX

Or should I change the name in my A/L cert? ( I'm not sure whether it is possible to correct it from Dept of examinations)

Thanks in advance

There is a process to follow for name changes. You can get the information from educational department.

Hi,

2020AS18XXX

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum!

I don't think it will cause a problem because the name in your passport is the same as the one submitted on the DS-260. I hope you have mentioned Dxx Cxx A2xx in the Other Names Used field.

However, you will need to get an affidavit from a lawyer saying A1xx Dxx Cxx A2xx and Dxx Cxx A2xx is the same person when you attend the interview.

Changing the name on the certificate from the Department of Examination would be much more difficult but you can contact them and see.

2020AS7XXX - Visa Approved!!!

I was successful at the interview and visa approved! Everything went smoothly, way better than I had expected. The interview lasted for about 5-10 minutes. Consular Officer was very friendly and asked some questions about me, my family, education, work and sponsor. Finally, he congratulated me and gave a fist bump! :D I was given a yellow paper to collect the passport with visa and original documents in a week’s time. Although the lead-up to the interview from 1NL was so stressful, the interview itself was a pleasant experience.

I think the key to my success was being so careful not to have even a single mistake in the e-DV, DS-260 and the documents, following instructions to the point and most importantly being 100% honest throughout the process.

I’m eternally grateful to @Britsimon for the amazing blog he has developed over the years and the advises he gives on this forum, @SusieQQQ, and @Aidyn for their daily replies full of important information and @Sm1smom for keeping this forum sane. I went through every post on DV 2020 All Selectees thread every day, several times a day and that helped me immensely.

I must also thank @janzz2018 for creating this home for Sri Lankan winners and I thank all the active participants. Because of you guys, I never felt alone in this process. Thank you so much and wish you all the success!

I’m still writing my long story from where it all started and will post it (including what will happen at the POE) on BritSimon’s blog soon after entering my dream country, the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Signing off… King Atlan

C

I was successful at the interview and visa approved! Everything went smoothly, way better than I had expected. The interview lasted for about 5-10 minutes. Consular Officer was very friendly and asked some questions about me, my family, education, work and sponsor. Finally, he congratulated me and gave a fist bump! :D I was given a yellow paper to collect the passport with visa and original documents in a week’s time. Although the lead-up to the interview from 1NL was so stressful, the interview itself was a pleasant experience.

I think the key to my success was being so careful not to have even a single mistake in the e-DV, DS-260 and the documents, following instructions to the point and most importantly being 100% honest throughout the process.

I’m eternally grateful to @Britsimon for the amazing blog he has developed over the years and the advises he gives on this forum, @SusieQQQ, and @Aidyn for their daily replies full of important information and @Sm1smom for keeping this forum sane. I went through every post on DV 2020 All Selectees thread every day, several times a day and that helped me immensely.

I must also thank @janzz2018 for creating this home for Sri Lankan winners and I thank all the active participants. Because of you guys, I never felt alone in this process. Thank you so much and wish you all the success!

I’m still writing my long story from where it all started and will post it (including what will happen at the POE) on BritSimon’s blog soon after entering my dream country, the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Signing off… King Atlan

congratulations

When filling out DS 260 I add all the companies i have worked. But for some i dont have service letters or appointment letters to prove that i have worked to that companies. But i have ALs. Would it be a ptoblem if they asked supporting dox for professional qualifications? TIA

When filling out DS 260 I add all the companies i have worked. But for some i dont have service letters or appointment letters to prove that i have worked to that companies. But i have ALs. Would it be a ptoblem if they asked supporting dox for professional qualifications? TIA

AFAIK if you go with the education path, you don't have to provide service letters. I went with education and I didn't have to provide those. Just follow the embassy instructions and you will be fine.

Signing off… King Atlan
Congrats!!

Signing off… King Atlan

Great news. Congratulations.

Welcome to the forum!

I don't think it will cause a problem because the name in your passport is the same as the one submitted on the DS-260. I hope you have mentioned Dxx Cxx A2xx in the Other Names Used field.

However, you will need to get an affidavit from a lawyer saying A1xx Dxx Cxx A2xx and Dxx Cxx A2xx is the same person when you attend the interview.

Changing the name on the certificate from the Department of Examination would be much more difficult but you can contact them and see.

Thank you so much
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you so much. As you mentioned I'm planning to ask exam dept & then make a decision.

Hi,

2020AS18XXX

Thanks in advance
Generally for DV: there are many instances when school certificates don't have exact names, it usually isn't a problem as it is not an official identification document (DV entry, passport, birth certificate must match which looks like they do for you), as long as they can see it is you. If you can get an affidavit as well for peace of mind that's good too, but from what you have above it doesn't look like it will be a problem.