• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2020 Ghana Selectees

Hello guys am new here.I want to share my opinion base on the lottery.I registered in 2013 and I just had a call last month(OTC) of 2019. The person told me I won the lottery so he told me to send him my passport details.Please I would like to know if it can work that way.

Most likely a scam. Do not send your passport details to this person. Nothing good will come off of it.

Hm, was this one of the agencies that enters you every year? If the last photo and details you gave were in 2013 you’re unlikely to have had a valid entry, certainly you would not have had a < 6 month old photo as required. If you have added family members since then the entry is definitely disqualified. In any case do NOT send anyone your passport details. If you have indeed won ask for a confirmation number so you can check what was entered and decide for yourself if you think it’s worth the risk and cost to proceed. If they won’t give you the confirmation number then you know it’s a scam of some sort, possibly even identity theft so again, do not send passport details.
So please On which way I will be able to get the confirmation number because I registered in 2014 and I can’t even recognized if I was issued a code.

So please On which way I will be able to get the confirmation number because I registered in 2014 and I can’t even recognized if I was issued a code.

You registered with an agent in 2014 or you submitted an entry directly on the DV lottery website in 2014?

Anyway, regardless of what the answer to the the above questions is, you need to forget about that 2014 registration as it is no longer valid.

Going by your previous post, I’m guessing you registered with an agent back in 2014 and now that passport information is required as part of eDV registration going forward, the agent is asking for your passport information in order to submit a DV2021 entry with your old information and passport photo which will clearly lead to a disqualification if selected.

Forget about anything you did back in 2014. Going forward, follow the instructions and submit your entry form directly yourself.

You registered with an agent in 2014 or you submitted an entry directly on the DV lottery website in 2014?

Anyway, regardless of what the answer to the the above questions is, you need to forget about that 2014 registration as it is no longer valid.

Going by your previous post, I’m guessing you registered with an agent back in 2014 and now that passport information is required as part of eDV registration going forward, the agent is asking for your passport information in order to submit a DV2021 entry with your old information and passport photo which will clearly lead to a disqualification if selected.

Forget about anything you did back in 2014. Going forward, follow the instructions and submit your entry form directly yourself.

Yes actually this is most likely what is happening.

My girlfriend has won the lottery and she wants to go with me since she can’t leave me behind. I met her 2018
We’re waiting for her her school certificate which will be available December to apply for the interview.
We’re also planning to marry though the distance between us is afar.

Please I need an advice

My girlfriend has won the lottery and she wants to go with me since she can’t leave me behind. I met her 2018
We’re waiting for her her school certificate which will be available December to apply for the interview.
We’re also planning to marry though the distance between us is afar.

Please I need an advice

If the marriage will be a genuine one, what advice would you need again?

Hello guys am new here.I want to share my opinion base on the lottery.I registered in 2013 and I just had a call last month(OTC) of 2019. The person told me I won the lottery so he told me to send him my passport details.Please I would like to know if it can work that way.

Don't fall for that, they just need your passport number to annually enter the lottery for you with the same old picture they have and you won't get anywhere even when you are selected.

Thank you but we’re marrying genuinely for the purpose of the green card

Let me go straight to the point.
The CO's in Ghana know agents arrange fake marriages for some of their winners for the purpose of the GC,Hence the scrutiny couples go through is tough. They prove beyond any reasonable doubts.

For you meeting someone and marrying her in less than 1 yr and also after she has been selected raises suspicion. Expert a tough scrutiny during the interview

Remember you said you guys met just last year and at the same time she's far from you, isn't that strange?. In other words, you know nothing much about her and the interview questions are centered on how well you guys know each other.

If she's my sister, I won't advice her to risk this opportunity even if the relationship with you is genuine, would rather let her go single and come for you later.

Just like @Samtuga said , it's better u let your girlfriend proceed alone and come for you later than to risk it ... not to scare you I know of two different pairs who were being denied visa for dv2019 two months ago based on this same marriage situation and thiers were done through these agents who just pair people later as married couples after a single entry has won... So in your case this won't be different , I'm just sharing what I've witnessed

Let me go straight to the point.
The CO's in Ghana know agents arrange fake marriages for some of their winners for the purpose of the GC,Hence the scrutiny couples go through is tough. They prove beyond any reasonable doubts.

For you meeting someone and marrying her in less than 1 yr and also after she has been selected raises suspicion. Expert a tough scrutiny during the interview

Remember you said you guys met just last year and at the same time she's far from you, isn't that strange?. In other words, you know nothing much about her and the interview questions are centered on how well you guys know each other.

If she's my sister, I won't advice her to risk this opportunity even if the relationship with you is genuine, would rather let her go single and come for you later.
how long is it going to take before she can come for me?

1.My girlfriend won but she reenrolled with her same old picture as of 2014/2015

2.Should Incase she wants to attach me, do I also have to issue my WASSCE certificate?

1.My girlfriend won but she reenrolled with her same old picture as of 2014/2015

2.Should Incase she wants to attach me, do I also have to issue my WASSCE certificate?

1. It may or may not be an issue. She’ll find out when she goes for the interview.
2. Derivatives educational documents are required.

Thank you so much for your good works with your team.

1.I have 2 and half years work experience as an account Officer in a private school.

I have safety and health certificate and a diploma in Commerce certificate.

I’ll be graduating in May this year and I have 2 papers to write so far.

Would that be strong enough?

I had C5 in math I think D7/C6 in English in WASSCE.

What’s your take about my issue?

Thank you so much for your good works with your team.

1.I have 2 and half years work experience as an account Officer in a private school.

I have safety and health certificate and a diploma in Commerce certificate.

I’ll be graduating in May this year and I have 2 papers to write so far.

Would that be strong enough?

I had C5 in math I think D7/C6 in English in WASSCE.

What’s your take about my issue?

Strong enough for what when you’re not the selectee?

Do you bother to read the response already provided to your previous post or you simply enjoy posting for posting sake? You qualifications - being it educational or work experience - are completely irrelevant. Your girlfriend has to meet the applicable requirements on her own.

So who brought this new passport regulations at all ?
My host called me to check whether am having a passport or not.
But it's not yet ready, still on process.
So it's takes me to apply it next year.
Oh God!!!