• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Congrats.

I was under the assumption that our Passports would get the Visa at the time of the interview if successful, so obviously, I read that wrong!
You certainly read wromg, no one ever gets any visa back directly at the interview from the US and definitely not an immigrant visa

Hi everyone, great news: I just got approved this morning at the consulate in Sydney. The interview lasted only about 30 seconds. He just confirmed some basic information and said that everything was in order. He didn't mention the medical, or whether it had arrived, but I'm hoping it came (or is in the process of being matched to my documents). Now it's just a waiting game to see if my passport will arrive before my flight back to the U.S. in a week. I'll have to change my flight if not, but oh well. Thanks again to everyone on here who answered my questions, this has been an invaluable resource! Also, I've read that people can check their status online. Do I just log back into the original ESC site where I got my 2NL?
Congratulations!!!! Where do they have to post the passport to? Are you in a metro or regional area?

30 second interview? How does that even work? They call your name, you walk in, they shake your hand and you walk out again?

So DougNNNN, what are your plans? Are you going for an activation trip or just move directly there, and where are you going and when?

30 second interview? How does that even work? They call your name, you walk in, they shake your hand and you walk out again?

So DougNNNN, what are your plans? Are you going for an activation trip or just move directly there, and where are you going and when?
Yeah, he honestly asked me maybe four or five basic questions back-to-back that essentially required a yes or no answer, then said everything looks good. I was out of there in under a minute.

Me? Am actually flying there tomorrow with the family to show them around Central Oregon for a couple of weeks, at that's our desired location. If successful, aim to move there ASAP. Wife and I have been on Zillow every night looking at real estate since May.

Last edited:

Because the interview generally only confirms that the dude who shows up is the dude in the documentation, and so they have on record that you’ve sworn an oath all the stuff is true (in case they ever need to revoke based on falsehood). Everything else they need to know they have from the DS260, the background checks they run, the medical, and the documents you bring along, which the CO looks at after you hand them in to person 1 but before they interview you. There’s not much you can say that’s going to change the conclusion they’ve reached from all the actual evidence.

Me? Am actually flying there tomorrow with the family to show them around Central Oregon for a couple of weeks, at that's our desired location. If successful, aim to move there ASAP. Wife and I have been on Zillow every night looking at real estate since May.

I live in Auckland and house prices here are insane. House prices in many parts of the US seem so much better, and there seems to be work so I am looking forward to it (assuming they accept me)

Because the interview generally only confirms that the dude who shows up is the dude in the documentation, and so they have on record that you’ve sworn an oath all the stuff is true (in case they ever need to revoke based on falsehood). Everything else they need to know they have from the DS260, the background checks they run, the medical, and the documents you bring along, which the CO looks at after you hand them in to person 1 but before they interview you. There’s not much you can say that’s going to change the conclusion they’ve reached from all the actual evidence.

I see, yeah that makes sense.

I live in Auckland and house prices here are insane. House prices in many parts of the US seem so much better, and there seems to be work so I am looking forward to it (assuming they accept me)

Look at the job requirements now, to make sure you aren't jumping into unemployment. I travel for work, so my home base is kind of irrelevant in that regard.

Also keep in mind that you have to pay annual Property Taxes in the US, which can be a little steep depending on where you buy. With what we're looking at, (location and house type), the Property Taxes will be between 5k-8k per year.