• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Me too

As for immunisations I’d prefer to get them all done beforehand that way I will know that I’m good to go. Plus immunisations like hepatitis b are given over a longer period of time.

FYI none of our immunizations were given over a course of time, and there was a bunch the doctor exempted us from on age grounds. Out of that whole long list you posted, I think we got something like 3 or 4, some of which are combo vaccines anyway. So much easier imo just to get it done at the doc rather than blood tests and back and forth first!

The hep B one is over a course of time though
Is it? I wonder if that changed, I’m sure we got that one. Does the actual panel doctor in Australia say anything about any of them being done over a course of time? Or is that what other OC selectees have reported?The panel doctors all work to the same standard regardless of country, which is exactly why they are chosen. The only difference by country is that sometimes certain vaccines are unavailable in some countries.

I know the hep b one is set out like

There are minimum intervals between the doses of Engerix-B and Recombivax HB vaccine. There must be at least 4 weeks between doses #1 and #2, at least 8 weeks between doses #2 and #3, and at least 16 weeks between doses #1 and #3. The final dose in the infant series should not be given earlier than 24 weeks of age

I know the hep b one is set out like

There are minimum intervals between the doses of Engerix-B and Recombivax HB vaccine. There must be at least 4 weeks between doses #1 and #2, at least 8 weeks between doses #2 and #3, and at least 16 weeks between doses #1 and #3. The final dose in the infant series should not be given earlier than 24 weeks of age
Yep started on this one.

Me too

As for immunisations I’d prefer to get them all done beforehand that way I will know that I’m good to go. Plus immunisations like hepatitis b are given over a longer period of time.

Getting them all done is an overkill - the panel physician will only be administering the age appropriate ones. Plus there is no requirement to complete hepatitis dosage before the interview, it’s the first one that matters. The remaining dosage can be completed later with no impact on the interview.

Well that’s fantastic to know. I wonder if it works that way for Aussies as well

There’s no reason for Aussie panel doctors to work differently or for Aussies’ medical process to be different - they’re all held to the same standards.

Hi all - just reading through the medical requirements and sharing my thoughts. I am doing mine in Canada but if I understand correctly, the requirement should be more or less the same. The website of the panel physician in Toronto has an age-specific checklist for which vaccines are required for each age group.

Link I tried to paste doesn't work - so google search US VISA Doctor Toronto (Lyndon Mascarenhas) - select US medical and the checklist should be there. Maybe also look up the website of the panel physician in your country. Attaching the checklist here too.

I got my doctor here to review this and fill it up. Did a blood tither test to see which ones I needed (since this is all covered by my insurance). I would only recommend this because I know some panel physicians just do the test but don't administer the vaccine, so if you're missing one, they will require you to get it before they complete the report - even if its just the first dose of a multi-dose vaccine. Since I'm traveling back and forth for consular processing, I wanted to minimize the time to get my medical. Just my two cents.

Also, I just received my AFP check in the mail. As a timeline guide for anyone doing it from the U.S., I submitted mine via express mail and it was delivered August 7th - got notification that the check is complete and mailed August 24th, and received it Sep 10th. I did a fingerprint and name check. - So my requirements from the OC region is done! :)

Attachments

• Vaccine CHecklist.JPG
    Vaccine CHecklist.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 6
Getting them all done is an overkill - the panel physician will only be administering the age appropriate ones. Plus there is no requirement to complete hepatitis dosage before the interview, it’s the first one that matters. The remaining dosage can be completed later with no impact on the interview.
Precisely, from the CDC website’s instructions for the panel doctors:

For a person who has had no vaccines or whose vaccines are not up to date, do all doses of the required vaccines need to be given to complete the immigrant medical exam?
Because completion of the vaccine series often requires several months, immigrant applicants are not required to receive all doses of the required vaccines as part of the immigrant medical exam. Rather, applicants are required to receive at least one dose of each vaccine that is appropriate for their age group. They are also encouraged to receive as many added doses as needed to complete the series.

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefuge...tion/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html

FYI I just checked my vaccination worksheet from the medical, we got tdap, mmr and ipv (these 3 cover the first 7 on the list posted on previous page. We had definitely been vaccinated against at least polio and mmr but neither my husband nor i had records so we got jabbed again.) Waived from varicella because of nationwide unavailability/had had chicken pox, and age exempted from all others - including both hep A and hep B. (And I think influenza is a seasonal vaccination?)

Last edited:
Glorious y’all have no idea how happy this makes me as I am terrified of needles.

Haha, don't travel to India then! When working for the Govt a few years back, I was on standby to respond to something in India, and the amount of needles I received as preparation was nuts!

But this is all good info, as I had not seen/read the immunization requirements. I still don't think it will be a problem, but as a former Boy Scout, I like to "Be Prepared"!

Cheers all...