• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

So with the 2020 Lottery opening next week, will people here be entering it? On face value, I don't see any point since I meet the criteria, and my number is low enough for an interview to be guaranteed.

Just chasing others' opinions?

Does anyone have a "magic" date (ie 28th of each month) for the 2NL's to be recieved by? I need to organise interstate medicals etc and itd be nice to know when they come to plan etc. I'm under 200 so expecting it like now?

Ok
Does anyone have a "magic" date (ie 28th of each month) for the 2NL's to be recieved by? I need to organise interstate medicals etc and itd be nice to know when they come to plan etc. I'm under 200 so expecting it like now?
So sorry about my”where the bloody hell is this 2NL” rant.
We got it this morning. Yay. November and Medicals and holidays and everything else can be booked.

Hi all, I just arrived back in Australia today and went straight to my medical exam in Brisbane. All went well until they told me they are now *required* (as of two weeks ago apparently) to send the results directly to the U.S. Consulate in Sydney instead of giving me the results so I can hand-carry them to the visa interview (something we agreed on previously). I'm worried the results won't arrive and be processed in time for my interview on Tuesday next week. They are rushing things and said they should be able to overnight my results on Thursday, so a Friday arrival at the consulate is likely. I really want to avoid AP as I have to get back to my job in the US, which means my turnaround time is very short. Here are my questions:
1. Am I unrealistic to think my results will be processed before Tuesday (if they arrive on the previous Friday)?
2. If they aren't, can I even attend my interview, or will I just go to AP after the interview?
3. In people's experience, how long does it usually take the consulate to process the medical exam results?
4. Should I push to get the doctor to give me the results anyway, just to be safe? Or is that too risky, especially if the policy recently changed?
Any advice is welcome. Thank you in advance.

There is no processing of the medical. They just read it during your interview and by read it, I mean they make sure all the papers are there and that everything has been filled in.

Hi all, I just arrived back in Australia today and went straight to my medical exam in Brisbane. All went well until they told me they are now *required* (as of two weeks ago apparently) to send the results directly to the U.S. Consulate in Sydney instead of giving me the results so I can hand-carry them to the visa interview (something we agreed on previously). I'm worried the results won't arrive and be processed in time for my interview on Tuesday next week. They are rushing things and said they should be able to overnight my results on Thursday, so a Friday arrival at the consulate is likely. I really want to avoid AP as I have to get back to my job in the US, which means my turnaround time is very short. Here are my questions:
1. Am I unrealistic to think my results will be processed before Tuesday (if they arrive on the previous Friday)?
2. If they aren't, can I even attend my interview, or will I just go to AP after the interview?
3. In people's experience, how long does it usually take the consulate to process the medical exam results?
4. Should I push to get the doctor to give me the results anyway, just to be safe? Or is that too risky, especially if the policy recently changed?
Any advice is welcome. Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately I can't answer any of your questions, but I was just wondering why you didn't choose to adjust your status in the USA? How long are you expecting to be in Australia for while waiting for your permanent visa?

Can you just go back, do the interview, get a visa a few days later and head back to your job?

If so maybe I should have done that too. Oh well.

Unfortunately I can't answer any of your questions, but I was just wondering why you didn't choose to adjust your status in the USA? How long are you expecting to be in Australia for while waiting for your permanent visa?

Can you just go back, do the interview, get a visa a few days later and head back to your job?

Yes that is absolutely possible. Can be done over a two weeks period on average. However, anyone going that route need to be aware of the possibility of being stuck in AP which means they can’t return to their life in the US while AP is pending.

There is no processing of the medical. They just read it during your interview and by read it, I mean they make sure all the papers are there and that everything has been filled in.
Thanks @EmilyW, that's good to know. I guess I mean "processing" in the sense of it arriving separately by mail and it being put through the system. I'm worried it will not be readily available to the agent for my interview. But fingers crossed.

Yes, just as @Sm1smom mentioned, I opted for the Consular Processing route because I wanted to just fly back for my medical and interview all at once and have it wrapped up in a two-week period. It's different for everyone, but I wanted what seemed like a quicker, cheaper, and simpler option. I'll keep everyone posted here, but I'm hoping to be back in the US by the 15th with my stamp.

Hi everyone, great news: I just got approved this morning at the consulate in Sydney. The interview lasted only about 30 seconds. He just confirmed some basic information and said that everything was in order. He didn't mention the medical, or whether it had arrived, but I'm hoping it came (or is in the process of being matched to my documents). Now it's just a waiting game to see if my passport will arrive before my flight back to the U.S. in a week. I'll have to change my flight if not, but oh well. Thanks again to everyone on here who answered my questions, this has been an invaluable resource! Also, I've read that people can check their status online. Do I just log back into the original ESC site where I got my 2NL?

Hi everyone, great news: I just got approved this morning at the consulate in Sydney. The interview lasted only about 30 seconds. He just confirmed some basic information and said that everything was in order. He didn't mention the medical, or whether it had arrived, but I'm hoping it came (or is in the process of being matched to my documents). Now it's just a waiting game to see if my passport will arrive before my flight back to the U.S. in a week. I'll have to change my flight if not, but oh well. Thanks again to everyone on here who answered my questions, this has been an invaluable resource! Also, I've read that people can check their status online. Do I just log back into the original ESC site where I got my 2NL?

Congrats.

I was under the assumption that our Passports would get the Visa at the time of the interview if successful, so obviously, I read that wrong!

Congratulations.

No, it’s on the CEAC status check site, enter your DV case number without zeroes