• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

End of the month, yup.

Reminds me, need to book hotel and flights for family and I.

Medical in Brisbane yesterday was a little frustrating. Spent 45 mins trying to get one of my daughters to pee in the cup, as requested, (not to mention the ridiculous trip just to get to the toilets!). Lots of tears on her part, only to find out that it wasn't required in the first place! Then dragging the family around to different places for the blood test and x-ray. Family was definitely over the process by the end of the day.

Yeah the medical is definitely the worse of them. The actual interview is much less annoying.

Did you use the toilets at the Sofitel?
How long did the medical take for a family? It must have been a long day for you guys. Do the kids require blood tests and xrays as well?

Sofitel, yes. But the escalators outside the Doctor's were being repaired, so it made for a long walk with young kids.
Blood and x-ray only required for kids 15 yrs and older.
Just sitting with the Doctor took about 3 hrs for all 4 of us.

I’m writing this by the pool at my hotel in Hawaii! I won’t lie.. It’s 30c with a nice ocean breeze and I’m not missing winter at all!
So here’s how it went down.
I walked to the customs area and got ushered into the visitors line and unfortunately my flight landed at the same time as a plane load from China and Korea so it took a good 45mins to reach the end of the line.
The CBP officer took my envelope and was genuinely thrilled to process me and said to me.. congratulations, welcome home!
He stamped my passport and said it’s now a temporary Greencard valid for 1yr and to expect the card in the mail within 2 months. I confirmed my US Address and he told me to take time and don’t rush the big move. Asked if I had any questions and that was it! Such a nice man. What surprised me is he had no interest in my X-ray CD or even the immigration fee receipt. It was another anticlimatic experience like the interview. Anyway... back to the pool!

Curious as to what the mods have to say about CBP not caring about the xrays. Was I also meant to get a Welcome pack or is that posted out later?

Curious as to what the mods have to say about CBP not caring about the xrays. Was I also meant to get a Welcome pack or is that posted out later?
The Dr at my medical said just to take them just in case. He didn’t think they would be needed but to just take them to the interview and then to activation.

The CD X-ray is for your personal records - CBP does not collect them. You don’t get a welcome pack or any other thing at the POE or by mail. All you’ll be getting is your GC if you’ve made the payment as required.

The CD X-ray is for your personal records - CBP does not collect them. You don’t get a welcome pack or any other thing at the POE or by mail. All you’ll be getting is your GC if you’ve made the payment as required.
Thanks, I always thought they collected that at POE. Glad the process is complete now.. all that’s left now is to work hard and save my pennies for 6 months then move to LA in January.. probably on Australia Day haha

Thanks, I always thought they collected that at POE. Glad the process is complete now.. all that’s left now is to work hard and save my pennies for 6 months then move to LA in January.. probably on Australia Day haha
Do they stamp anything in your passport? Aside from the visa of course.

Question when leaving Australia you know how the check in staff usually ask to confirm you have your esta number what do they say when you tell them you’re going to activate your visa?

It is understandable to assume you would get some kind of info pack when you’re going through the point of entry but it appears that’s not the case there is a web page that is dedicated to new pr folk. I guess it saves them money.

Was just reading this - Is paying prior to the interview an option for the Sydney Consulate? And if so, where/how?

I was trying to remember when I said that as it didnt make sense but I see that it is just an excerpt ... anyway as far as I am aware you cannot "pre-pay" before your interview