• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

I was trying to remember when I said that as it didnt make sense but I see that it is just an excerpt ... anyway as far as I am aware you cannot "pre-pay" before your interview

Yeah, it's from an excerpt you posted on March 29.
From reading here, you can sometimes pay with cash, sometimes not. Sometimes pay with Credit Card, sometimes not. Sometimes pay with a money order, sometimes not. So paying before-hand would help nullify the stress of preparing for the interview!

Ugh delay due to mechanical fault in Sydney and flight pushed till tomorrow for activation trip.

Going to see if I can chance a flight tonight but it will mean going through LAX with only a 2 hour connection. Who likes my chances ;)

See if they can get you on the 9pm flight out of Brisbane to lax. I think it leaves at 21:40 but is with virgin.

See if they can get you on the 9pm flight out of Brisbane to lax. I think it leaves at 21:40 but is with virgin.
No they won’t. This always happens when I fly Qantas/AA. I normally fly Virgin/Delta and probs then could have done that. Serves me right :confused:

I’m flying SYD-SFO so will have myself processed there. I haven’t been to that airport before so that’s a plus.

Well that’s great that they managed to get you on another flight at least. SFO is a nice little airport.

Exactly I would be hyperventilating imagine all of that and to get it voided cause you missed your cut off due to a mechanical problem.

Exactly I would be hyperventilating imagine all of that and to get it voided cause you missed your cut off due to a mechanical problem.

I’ve been traveling caught in bad northern hemisphere winter weather (not something that’s always top of mind for. Those from sunny Southern Hemisphere climes), we were lucky with max delay a day but there were some people I met waiting who were delayed for a week or more - if the flights are full,as they often are in winter holidays, if yours is cancelled you just have to wait till they can dribble you back into wherever they can find space. I would always leave at least two weeks before visa expiry. Even if it’s ok weather season, who knows when an Icelandic volcano erupts..

Hi all, my wife and I have our interview scheduled for next week in Sydney. We have gathered everything needed except original copies of our high school education. We each have university degrees and are both Chartered Accountants so have the original copies of each of these awarded. From people's experience, do you think this should be sufficient? We can obtain an online Record of Achievement from the education authority in New Zealand that confirms high school and tertiary education which we will bring however this isn't an original copy and we won't be able to get one in time.

Hi all, my wife and I have our interview scheduled for next week in Sydney. We have gathered everything needed except original copies of our high school education. We each have university degrees and are both Chartered Accountants so have the original copies of each of these awarded. From people's experience, do you think this should be sufficient? We can obtain an online Record of Achievement from the education authority in New Zealand that confirms high school and tertiary education which we will bring however this isn't an original copy and we won't be able to get one in time.
My degree transcript was not sufficient during my interview and I had to rely on work experience, you can certainly try with the copy but they may put you on AP until you can provide the original - its completely up to the officer on the day.

I have to ask - why have you not requested this before now? Such a trivial thing that could cost you your green card if you have a cranky CO and time not on your side

My degree transcript was not sufficient during my interview and I had to rely on work experience, you can certainly try with the copy but they may put you on AP until you can provide the original - its completely up to the officer on the day.

I have to ask - why have you not requested this before now? Such a trivial thing that could cost you your green card if you have a cranky CO and time not on your side

Didn't think it would be an issue given we have tertiary and post tertiary qualifications but as the interview approaches I'm questioning everything and whether we have enough - like you say don't really want to fall down this late in the piece because we get a cranky officer.

We have both worked full time for 8-10 years each so can focus on proving the work experience side. Do they accept a current CV with employment contracts supporting the CV for at least the past two years of work?

I take it you and your wife are/were kiwis? Then when you left high school you should have got a high school certificate. Assuming you successfully graduated. If you have lost that, then yes, you will need to apply for it again. Logically you would think a degree would trump a high school certificate, but they do clearly state proof of completion of high school and don't mention any degrees. When I went all they were interested in was the high school certificate.

You can apply for a new one here: https://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificat...2/secondary-and-tertiary-records-application/

Why would you do that?

The education route is binary - you either meet or don't meet the requirement.

Work experience is subjective.

Because I don't have Yr 12, and I have yet to see anything stating that having Higher Education meets the education requirements. Drjrice was asking about their university education meeting the requirements, hence my post.

Because I don't have Yr 12, and I have yet to see anything stating that having Higher Education meets the education requirements. Drjrice was asking about their university education meeting the requirements, hence my post.
But they did complete high school, they just don’t have the evidence of it - which for them is the simplest and most certain way of meeting the eligibility requirements.

Didn't think it would be an issue given we have tertiary and post tertiary qualifications but as the interview approaches I'm questioning everything and whether we have enough - like you say don't really want to fall down this late in the piece because we get a cranky officer.

We have both worked full time for 8-10 years each so can focus on proving the work experience side. Do they accept a current CV with employment contracts supporting the CV for at least the past two years of work?
The university degrees may or may not be enough, experiences vary.
Worst case, ask them to put you on AP while you get hold of your high school certificates.
Not sure just a CV and contract are enough for work experience proof, as britsimon says, that proof is in the eye of the beholder.

But they did complete high school, they just don’t have the evidence of it - which for them is the simplest and most certain way of meeting the eligibility requirements.

I agree. Hence my post outlining my stance/opinion on Higher Education documents.

Aidyn/DougNNNN - what evidence did you provide/are you intending to provide to support your work experience?