• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

With a 8xx number I have held back from filling out my DS260 form. Is that crazy?
I was planning on doing it next month as the way I understood it there was no rush it get it in ASAP.

It would be easy enough to see the relationship between the name I use and the name I was born with I would hope.

Parents married
Born with fathers surname
Mothers married and maiden name listed on birth certificate.
Parents divorced
Name changed by stat dec to mothers maiden name.

School records, drivers license and passport all under second surname.

I was told though when I got my last passport that if I lost it a stat dec wouldn’t be enough to have my name changed but if I just kept renewing it it would be fine.

Admittedly while I’ve used this name all my life I would be sad to have to change it on my birth certificate. Weird I know.

Re "no rush" - have you been scanning the other threads? KCC now requires you to upload all your docs to them after they have processed your DS260 but before they will schedule you for an interview. I'm assuming that in Australia you don't have stupid waits for civil documents like in some other countries, but just so that you are aware there is now another step that takes up some amount of time.

Re "no rush" - have you been scanning the other threads? KCC now requires you to upload all your docs to them after they have processed your DS260 but before they will schedule you for an interview. I'm assuming that in Australia you don't have stupid waits for civil documents like in some other countries, but just so that you are aware there is now another step that takes up some amount of time.
We don’t have the crazy wait time like other countries thankfully.

If it progresses as usual the interview date will be March April. If it continues in the 100cn increments like it’s done this year then I’m looking at a June interview slot.

We don’t have the crazy wait time like other countries thankfully.

If it progresses as usual the interview date will be March April. If it continues in the 100cn increments like it’s done this year then I’m looking at a June interview slot.
ok so factor in normal 1-2 months for DS260 processing and the fact that until now they have scheduled interviews in batches once a month, for 2 months ahead (ie usually March interviews will be finalized beginning January) - not sure if the new step will change this at all. if you submit early Dec you may (if they are very quick and you are very quick with documents uploads) get a March interview if your CN is current for then but more likely to be April or May even if your CN is current earlier. They state on the dvselectee site now that they first review the documents they receive before scheduling the interview, so I presume that step of the process on KCC's end will take longer than just confirming that stuff has been uploaded even if you are superquick with uploading.

KCC now requires you to upload all your docs to them after they have processed your DS260 but before they will schedule you for an interview.

Wait, what? This is the first I've heard of anything along these lines. Does KCC send a notification to do this?

Does anybody know if police certificate must be in both of my names rather just my married name? The instructions don't mention that. I have a police certificate only in my married name. Is this a problem? Thanks :)

I think as long as you have your marriage certificate it should be ok? The police should have access to those records and cross check.

Also I got the email this morning. I think it's a good initiative.

My Police Certificate lists all my names, Maiden and both married names. I believe the request form asks for previous names

My Police Certificate lists all my names, Maiden and both married names. I believe the request form asks for previous names

The Australian Federal Police request form asks for previous/maiden names. There are online "Police checks", which I believe are not acceptable for this purpose, that may not ask for prior names.

Got my KCC email asking for the documents to be sent electronically. Good timing!

I just checked my wifes police report which i got a couple of weeks back, it also checks her maiden name (and this is NZ, which is probably where kiwiland is from).

So I will contradict my previous reply and say that yes it probably does matter. I would just redo it, it only takes a week to get one back.

I just checked my wifes police report which i got a couple of weeks back, it also checks her maiden name (and this is NZ, which is probably where kiwiland is from).

So I will contradict my previous reply and say that yes it probably does matter. I would just redo it, it only takes a week to get one back.
Thank you for double checking your wife's police report for me. My NZ police certificate checks both names. Unfortunately my Russian PC only indicates my married name :(. The instructions regarding Police Certificate don't mention anything about it.
It would take nearly 1 month to get a new PC from Russia... We don't want to wait for that long to submit the documents.
We have received an email from KCC asking to email the documents to them.

Be interesting to see the time frame from submitting the documents til the 2NL is issued. I know someone who was asked today to send documents whose CN is in 400s.. I’m in 500s so getting close!!

Got email today asking for documents to be sent. I see this is a last chance to delay an interview? I was planning to do an activation trip in July/August so dont want to get interviewed before February