• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

We still shouldn't book a medical until after we have received an appointment date though I presume?

Do delay responding then. This new procedure could increase the VB speed because less people will be scheduleable.

Did you mean “Don’t delay responding to them”

I wonder if we will see a significant jump next visa bulletin

Thanks Simon I read your response pre-coffee

A 125/200 jump would be awesome to be honest any movement is good.

Hi everyone,

Congrats to you all on being selected! I wish I'd found this forum before proceeding with my application, but here I am nonetheless!

I have a case number in the high 600's, so my fingers are crossed that I'll get in on time. I just got an email a few days ago requesting documentation to be emailed, and I just order my police certificate but accidentally ticket 35 instead of 33, hopefully this is the first and last error I make (I'm thinking I'll now get a fingerprint check, just in case).

I just have a question regarding proving that I won't be a 'public charge'. Does anybody know what finances I need to show in the interview, if any? I can't find a solid, clear answer on this. I just finished studying (theatre arts - so they may already be skeptical of my ability to pay bills), so it'll take a few months to build my finances up again, however my tax return from 17-18 is well above the 'poverty rate' in the US.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

New to the forum - congratulations to all for getting selected.

My case number is in the early 1000's, which is a bit high, so hopefully I can still get an interview sometime around May-June 2019. I've entered the DV 2020 just in case too!

Hi everyone,

I just have a question regarding proving that I won't be a 'public charge'. Does anybody know what finances I need to show in the interview, if any? I can't find a solid, clear answer on this. I just finished studying (theatre arts - so they may already be skeptical of my ability to pay bills), so it'll take a few months to build my finances up again, however my tax return from 17-18 is well above the 'poverty rate' in the US.

Thanks in advance!
$10k minimum for an individual is what I seem to come across... although I too am finding it hard to get a solid answer. It has been mentioned that it can include savings, real estate, and business investments.

I will have close to that (in savings) when my time comes if nothing else comes up (fingers crossed). I also have about matching that in unpaid annual leave so hopefully they will take that into consideration too when the interview comes around.

Good luck with everything!

Hi everyone,

Congrats to you all on being selected! I wish I'd found this forum before proceeding with my application, but here I am nonetheless!

I have a case number in the high 600's, so my fingers are crossed that I'll get in on time. I just got an email a few days ago requesting documentation to be emailed, and I just order my police certificate but accidentally ticket 35 instead of 33, hopefully this is the first and last error I make (I'm thinking I'll now get a fingerprint check, just in case).

Thanks in advance!
Congratulations and welcome to the group!

Hi everyone,

New to the forum - congratulations to all for getting selected.

My case number is in the early 1000's, which is a bit high, so hopefully I can still get an interview sometime around May-June 2019. I've entered the DV 2020 just in case too!
Welcome to the group you will find heaps of great advice.

Hopefully next month it will get moving at a faster pace. At this rate we will be looking at 600/700