• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

I came to engineering graduate school on a scholarship here twenty years ago and lived here since so I think I can give you some advice. Do NOT under any circumstances abandon your Ghana degree, some of my classmates did and regretted.

Get your green card, get your reentry permit (valid for protecting your green card for two years) and then return to Ghana to finish your degree. Alternatively some universities here will allow you to transfer your credits from a Ghana university and finish the degree here.

Getting a great job with your Ghana degree here is tough, the trick is to do a masters degree here in 1.5 years and then you’re nicely plugged into the USA system.
thanks alot ananga73. much appreciation

hello Noble Family

i am scheduled for interview on 14th March but haven't done my medicals because i am working with a sponsor. he said i will do the medicals only after the interview maybe because he doesn't want his money to go waste should the interview isn't successful.

My Qs
1 Would i be granted interview without a medical report?

2 How much and how long would it take to do and get a medical report and which of the recommended hospitals?

You risk being put on AP if you go to the interview without the medical report. This can result in significant delays.

2. You can call Akai house clinic, cantonments or Holy trinity North Kaneshie for advice

You risk being put on AP if you go to the interview without the medical report. This can result in significant delays.

2. You can call Akai house clinic, cantonments or Holy trinity North Kaneshie for advice

AP is not a “risk”, it’s a definite - IF they let him in without the medical, some embassies won’t.
You cannot be issued an immigrant visa without a successful medical.

@Bipuah Yussif , this is really not a risk you want to take. If they even let you in, if your medical delay takes you beyond month end you lose your visa number and the consulate has to request a new one. The same thing will happen if they don’t let you in and you need to reschedule the interview - then you need both a new visa number and a new appointment, which now has to be made directly with Accra whenever they decide they can fit you in. Past experiences with Ghana reported in these forums shows that both these situations often simply end up in no rescheduling, no new visa number, and therefore no visa. I suggest you show your sponsor all the official instructions about interviews, which are that you have to have your medical before.

hello Noble Family

i am scheduled for interview on 14th March but haven't done my medicals because i am working with a sponsor. he said i will do the medicals only after the interview maybe because he doesn't want his money to go waste should the interview isn't successful.

My Qs

2 How much and how long would it take to do and get a medical report and which of the recommended hospitals?

You’re taking a big risk which is not worth taking. Get your medical done before the interview date.

AP is not a “risk”, it’s a definite - IF they let him in without the medical, some embassies won’t.
You cannot be issued an immigrant visa without a successful medical.

@Bipuah Yussif , this is really not a risk you want to take. If they even let you in, if your medical delay takes you beyond month end you lose your visa number and the consulate has to request a new one. The same thing will happen if they don’t let you in and you need to reschedule the interview - then you need both a new visa number and a new appointment, which now has to be made directly with Accra whenever they decide they can fit you in. Past experiences with Ghana reported in these forums shows that both these situations often simply end up in no rescheduling, no new visa number, and therefore no visa. I suggest you show your sponsor all the official instructions about interviews, which are that you have to have your medical before.
much appreciations @SusieQQQ

I got approved yesterday Feb 7, please how do I go about the registration at ustraveldocs.com/GH

I have done the registration but I'm not sure whether that's all or there's something else
Congratulations..... We await your interview experience to guide some of us when our time comes

Did ma
hello Noble Family

My Qs

.... Did medicals at Holy Trinity... Adult is Ghc1860.00 I understand Akai is Ghc2,000.00

I have learnt from this forum that most visa refusal are based on education.well because of that I have decided to resist in this year's Nov/dec because I had F9 in maths.Others Subject like English C5,Social B2,Science D7,Goverment C4,French B3,History B3,and Literature in English C6.please I hope my Scores are okay for the other subjects expect maths which am rewriting this August.I have a Diploma in Graphic designing from an Accredited college.Am I good to go if am being selected come May 7th.Thank you
you are good to go so resit the maths.

EmmanBlesa, how far with your case?
Hello this is EmmanBlesa, from Ghana . Dv 2019Af8XXX. Please I am have D7 on my cert and looking at the required grades for a successful Uni admission I think I fall short. But I am presently at ththe Uni. Any advise please

I got approved yesterday Feb 7, please how do I go about the registration at ustraveldocs.com/GH

I have done the registration but I'm not sure whether that's all or there's something else
congrats
after the registration did you update your profile? if not then you need to go back and login your details and update your profile but if you did update your profile then you good go.