DV 2018 Starts Today

OnTheGo

Registered Users (C)
I actually haven't applied yet but will apply sometime next week.
Just so you are clear...you do not actually 'apply' for anything just yet - you *enter* a lottery for your chance to be selected for further processing.
Only if and when you get selected, can you actually apply for a visa. ;)

You probably know that - I'm just being a smart arse - lol :p

Pierre82

Thanks for the wishes. I would like to wish you the same as well. All the very best and if all goes well, we'll both have something to share by May 2017 :)
I really hope this year brings some good news for us. Its always good to don't think about it until May :p

Pierre82

Just so you are clear...you do not actually 'apply' for anything just yet - you *enter* a lottery for your chance to be selected for further processing.

That's right and thanks for the correction :p. Lets hope next year we can get that selected notice and begin the application process :)

I've been reading this forum for quite a long time, today I decided to sign up. . Best of luck to everyone and hope this year will be your year.

P

I actually do know that! Don't be a smart "arse" The terminology is not that important unless you're referring to the details on the actual ''application/entry" :)

Quick question:
Does it matter if you apply closer to the beginning? (are those applications processed/checked first). I am pretty sure the answer is no as it's a lottery, but checking just in case.

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Quick question:
Does it matter if you apply closer to the beginning? (are those applications processed/checked first). I am pretty sure the answer is no as it's a lottery, but checking just in case.
It's a random selection, makes no difference which day/time/week the registration is done.

Pierre82

Well hello again!!

Yes, it is that time that Qewty flies on in and wishes everyone the very best of luck applying!

Warmest of wishes!

Q
Hello my friend Qewty and its good to see you again. I hope this year we can get some good news and be part of that small % of people that is selected. You had any troubles while entering the lottery? Not sure if the confirmation number issue is still happening.

Congratulations on your marriage and the very best of luck to you both. :)
Thank you very much, i was one of those people in rush, so i was refreshing the page and entered immediately, had no confirmation number issues or anything like that. . . lets pray for a good news for us in May 2017