• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Starts Today

I am a sri lankan, i applied five times . .

Is there a date suitable for the apply?
Who is the qualified agent to fill the form in sri lanka?

Is there any qualified communication in sri lanka?

Is it apply alone, or need help from others,

I have a issue with the photo that i have uploaded, how can take it?

1) Is it just me or dvlottery.state.gov/ didn't say anything about registration being open? and I have to use dvlottery.state.gov/application.aspx instead?

=edit= : I only need to refresh :-(

2) Any Malaysian here? I have a University Diploma (something less than full degree. its a 3 year vs 4 year thing). Which should I choose? Its like the only option is to tick High School Degree? Or Some University Courses?

Primary school only
High School, no degree
High School degree
Vocational School
Some University Courses
University Degree
Some Graduate Level Courses
Master's Degree
Some Doctorate Level Courses
Doctorate Degree

Thanks.

I am a sri lankan, i applied five times . .

Is there a date suitable for the apply?
Who is the qualified agent to fill the form in sri lanka?

Is there any qualified communication in sri lanka?

Is it apply alone, or need help from others,

I have a issue with the photo that i have uploaded, how can take it?

It's a simple process, you shouldn't need to use an agent, especially one that requires payment. Start by reading the instructions provided on the website, after you you can then go ahead and register yourself. It's a random draw, there's no such thing as the best or suitable time or day to apply, it's simply a matter of luck.

1) Is it just me or dvlottery.state.gov/ didn't say anything about registration being open? and I have to use dvlottery.state.gov/application.aspx instead?

=edit= : I only need to refresh :-(

2) Any Malaysian here? I have a University Diploma (something less than full degree. its a 3 year vs 4 year thing). Which should I choose? Its like the only option is to tick High School Degree? Or Some University Courses?

Primary school only
High School, no degree
High School degree
Vocational School
Some University Courses
University Degree
Some Graduate Level Courses
Master's Degree
Some Doctorate Level Courses
Doctorate Degree

Thanks.

You can pick anything, it's not going to influence or impact the selection process. The website clearly shows registration is open:

https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

Hi,
I have a question regarding the photo,

Could i take photos ourselves or need a professional photographer?

Hi
this is my first time applying for he DV , I hit the submit button and did not got a confirmation number or message that it was submitted successfully. So I try again and the same thing happen.. Is anyone have run in to this issue too?

Hi
this is my first time applying for he DV , I hit the submit button and did not got a confirmation number or message that it was submitted successfully. So I try again and the same thing happen.. Is anyone have run in to this issue too?
I've got the same problem,but i only tried once,is there a problem with the website ?

i have a step daughter from my late wife, she is 18 and doing her high school of which next year would be her final year,do i have to add her on my initial application or can she have her own separate application? the second question is im born in country A which is eligible but my parents both from country B which is also eligible, is it possible to have chargebility be of my parents since i reckon country B is low population than country A.

Hi
I had the same issue, hit the submit button but submit and other buttons disappeared ,
It just showed me the review page again without buttons and without any progress information as well so I closed the page after couple of minutes and resubmitted and finally was successful.
As I didn't receive any success or confirmation page on the first time I assume that the first entry wasn't successful.
I used chrome both times.

I had the same issue, hit the submit button but submit and other buttons disappeared ,
It just showed me the review page again without buttons and without any progress information as well so I closed the page after couple of minutes and resubmitted and finally was successful.
As I didn't receive any success or confirmation page on the first time I assume that the first entry wasn't successful.
I used chrome both times.
Hello,
did you fill the form for the second time ? I will try to aplly for the second time using internet explorer !
So if you dont get the confirmation number, your application is not successful, right ?

Hello,
did you fill the form for the second time ? I will try to aplly for the second time using internet explorer !
So if you dont get the confirmation number, your application is not successful, right ?
Yes I applied for the second time using the same browser and was successful.
Unfortunately we don't know how much the system is reliable in terms of checking this kind of issues.
If my entry recorded twice it meas duplication, hope for the best.
It was a risk and I took it!

Yes I applied for the second time using the same browser and was successful.
Unfortunately we don't know how much the system is reliable in terms of checking this kind of issues.
If my entry recorded twice it meas duplication, hope for the best.
It was a risk and I took it!
Yes, Thank you for you answer and good luck !