• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Starts Today

so he should forget about the whole process...not even consider may he be selected or one can get an affidavit?

Affidavit for what? To say you couldn't remember your name on your application? Sorry, but I don't see any point on continuing with such an application if selected.

Affidavit for what? To say you couldn't remember your name on your application? Sorry, but I don't see any point on continuing with such an application if selected.
I sat down with my birth certificate and passport, and I double checked every detail before submitting each section. I found this year's application a little different from last years.... why was it so different from last years. .? any
thoughts... peeps

I sat down with my birth certificate and passport, and I double checked every detail before submitting each section. I found this year's application a little different from last years.... why was it so different from last years. .? any
thoughts... peeps

What is "so" different?

Well, the sections seemed it was getting some specific information in each submits... The layering was set out differently.... I asked my mum to submit hers so I was added on her application, I felt it was a little different from last year
. Would that be correct Britsimon? was it a little different? or is it my imagination.

Well, the sections seemed it was getting some specific information in each submits... The layering was set out differently.... I asked my mum to submit hers so I was added on her application, I felt it was a little different from last year
. Would that be correct Britsimon? was it a little different? or is it my imagination.

The instructions said their were some minor changes. Nothing significant.

Hello everyone. I have a bachelors degree and a graduate diploma. When filling out the education section I selected some graduate courses. Did I make an error?

Hello everyone. I have a bachelors degree and a graduate diploma. When filling out the education section I selected some graduate courses. Did I make an error?
Don't worry about this - a Graduate Diploma is obviously better than 'Some Graduate Courses'. However, please keep in mind that some US Consulates insist on reviewing US equivalent High School degree, irrespective of your college career. Make sure you got that covered.

Hello everybody,

I have a bachelor degree but my high school is GED equivalency. As you know GED equivalency is not acceptable. So, am I qualified or not to apply this lottery? Thanks.

Hello everybody,

I have a bachelor degree but my high school is GED equivalency. As you know GED equivalency is not acceptable. So, am I qualified or not to apply this lottery? Thanks.

These are the respective published requirements for DV-2017:

"What are the requirements for education or work experience?

U.S. immigration law and regulations require that every DV entrant must have at least a high school education or its equivalent or have two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience. A "high school education or equivalent" is defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education in the United States OR the successful completion in another country of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to a high school education in the United States. Only formal courses of study meet this requirement; correspondence programs or equivalency certificates (such as the General Equivalency Diploma G.E.D.) are not acceptable. Documentary proof of education or work experience must be presented to the consular officer at the time of the visa interview.

If you do not meet the requirements for education or work experience, your entry will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview, and no visas will be issued to you or any of your family members."
Source: https://travel.state.gov/content/da...ranslations/DV-2017 Instructions and FAQs.pdf

However, some US Consulates nevertheless insist on reviewing US equivalent High School degree, irrespective of any subsequent college career.

Yeah but if you have a darker skin it's hard to find work, possibly get racist comments from people who don't like you. Sorry I just want to see if NC would be a good place to live, Emily always has nice things to say about NC.

The big towns in NC are good with jobs, multicultural and the weather is great. It rarely ever snows. The big ones are Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Greensboro, Charlotte

great forum...u guyz r doin a marvelous work here...been following this forum a yr now and i must admit it really helpful...dv 2018 is my 9th time applying for dis lottery and i guess luck has never been on my side but God knows best..To all those who applied i think the best thing we need to do is to go about our normal daily routine and hope May 2018 will be the best month in our lives..prayers is the key...mike from Ghana #cheers everyone

Last edited: