• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Starts Today

Thank you very much, i was one of those people in rush, so i was refreshing the page and entered immediately, had no confirmation number issues or anything like that. . . lets pray for a good news for us in May 2017

Hope you get good news on May and lets hope you have first try luck :p

Hi Everyone :),

So this is my 7th time applying but I needed some help in regards to the education side of the application.

I live in South Africa, I have completed high school , as far as I know that would be high school degree, But I have a diploma in animation which is a 2 years of study that was quite far back.

I actually changed from animation to IT, So I have certifications from Cisco, Checkpoint ect Network Security these are internationally recognize and have got 6 years experience from today.

But now I'm confused what I should select, It says (vocation schools or equivalency degrees are not acceptable) does this mean that my application will just get disqualified ? I dont think the IT is really vocational.

Or should I just put high school degree ? As there's no option to say work experience.

Thanks again :)

So this is my 7th time applying but I needed some help in regards to the education side of the application.

I live in South Africa, I have completed high school , as far as I know that would be high school degree, But I have a diploma in animation which is a 2 years of study that was quite far back.

I actually changed from animation to IT, So I have certifications from Cisco, Checkpoint ect Network Security these are internationally recognize and have got 6 years experience from today.

But now I'm confused what I should select, It says (vocation schools or equivalency degrees are not acceptable) does this mean that my application will just get disqualified ? I dont think the IT is really vocational.

Or should I just put high school degree ? As there's no option to say work experience.

They DO NOT disqualify you based on that question. It is collected for statistical purposes.

Good luck for you on this lottery and lets hope the 7 is your lucky number.

Thank you very much, i was one of those people in rush, so i was refreshing the page and entered immediately, had no confirmation number issues or anything like that. . . lets pray for a good news for us in May 2017

This is the first time I have applied right at the start as well. Let us keep our fingers crossed.

I think its too late to ask this now as I applied last night, but still a good information for the future.

My real name is My_name bin Dad_name1 Dad_name2

previously i use:

family name : Dad_name1 Dad_name2
first name : My_name

this is because 'bin' means son of and mostly dropped in a lot of stuff, unless things critical to the government, because it was included on my identification card.

but this year I apply for a passport as I was requited to do an international travel. Since it was automated by scanning the identification card, 'bin' is included in my passport name.

eg: <<<<My_name<<bin<<Dad_name1<<Dad_name2<<<<

and the dvlottery page specifically requested for name like on my passport. I ended up using 'bin' as my middle name.

I guess I was doing the right thing? After all, when combined first name, middle name and family name = My_name bin Dad_name1 Dad_name2.

Anyway, wish me luck!

I think its too late to ask this now as I applied last night, but still a good information for the future.

My real name is My_name bin Dad_name1 Dad_name2

previously i use:

family name : Dad_name1 Dad_name2
first name : My_name

this is because 'bin' means son of and mostly dropped in a lot of stuff, unless things critical to the government, because it was included on my identification card.

but this year I apply for a passport as I was requited to do an international travel. Since it was automated by scanning the identification card, 'bin' is included in my passport name.

eg: <<<<My_name<<bin<<Dad_name1<<Dad_name2<<<<

and the dvlottery page specifically requested for name like on my passport. I ended up using 'bin' as my middle name.

I guess I was doing the right thing? After all, when combined first name, middle name and family name = My_name bin Dad_name1 Dad_name2.

Anyway, wish me luck!

Good Luck to you on this year DV Lottery

The dvlottery form didnt accept scandinavian letters, so I had to use A instead of Ä in the name. I hope we win, but its not the end of the world if we dont :)

Now I have to make a reminder in my calendar so that I dont forget to check the status in may...

Hi friends,
i would like to as can use one (1) email address to register friends whom do not have email address?

Would they be disqualify?........

Good to all of us.