• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

Hi @Britsimon have a question asking for a friend ......
1.I filled both initial application and ds260 Married and put all the details of my husband . but he says he does not want to go with me, i have a marriage cert
What can i do ? since he does not want to take me to the embassy or to travel with me.
2. This man is not the father of my Kid so the birth cert does not appear his name can this bring more complications on my case ?

Please advise.... thank you.

Hi @Britsimon have a question asking for a friend ......
1.I filled both initial application and ds260 Married and put all the details of my husband . but he says he does not want to go with me, i have a marriage cert
What can i do ? since he does not want to take me to the embassy or to travel with me.
2. This man is not the father of my Kid so the birth cert does not appear his name can this bring more complications on my case ?

Please advise.... thank you.
1. Do you still want to go to the US anyway and leave your husband behind? Then all that happens is that your husband doesn’t go to the embassy and doesn’t get a visa, but you can still get one - assuming of course that you are the principal applicant. If he is the principal applicant and doesn’t want to get a visa, nothing you can do.
2. Who is the father? Is he around? Can you get permission to take the child out of the country?

Hi guys, I'm really nervous I'm dv selected 2018 my cn is AF00052*** ,I wish the visa bulletin would go current already. Is it true that last year every dv selectee got to get interviewed?

Hi guys, I'm really nervous I'm dv selected 2018 my cn is AF00052*** ,I wish the visa bulletin would go current already. Is it true that last year every dv selectee got to get interviewed?

Are you currently in the US? Are you processing AOS?

Hi @Britsimon I am a dv selected 2018 my CN is AF00052*** ,do you think Africa will go current as it did last year according to your analysis?
Is it true that when 2017 went current every dvselectee who got a 2nl got an interview? I'm in Kenya.

The embassy probably noticed some discrepancies in the information your friend provided, hence the request for them to return to the embassy. At least, there’s still some hope since they didn’t get outrightly denied based on whatever it is the embassy came across regarding them. So their only option is to show up as requested.
Am glad it turned out well. They got their Visa Approved and is leaving for the US in a few days to come.

Am glad it turned out well. They got their Visa Approved and is leaving for the US in a few days to come.

Providing more information as to what happened, why your friend was asked to show up for another interview and how the second interview actually went is a lot more useful than simply letting us know you’re glad it turned out well. Someone else could benefit from their experience in the future - that’s what this forum is all about: benefit from each other’s experience.

Providing more information as to what happened, why your friend was asked to show up for another interview and how the second interview actually went is a lot more useful than simply letting us know you’re glad it turned out well. Someone else could benefit from their experience in the future - that’s what this forum is all about: benefit from each other’s experience.
They had asked for the ID since the Names on some of his Certificates/ Diplomas (courses which had been done in the US) had only two names. Then he also does some contract work with the US Army and they needed a letter to that effect.