• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

I have been trying to post a question but i keep getting "your content has been marked as spam"

Not sure if this works though.

anyway I picked up my KCSE Cert last week they were at my former school's catholic church. The only thing remaining is now the confirmation letter from KNEC, I checked their website for guidelines and even got more confused and none of the numbers listed on their website work any more. Do you have any idea if their Dennis Pritt office can send the said letter to the embassy? Thanks

Lost me on the "dennis Pritt office" , where and what is that?
Mtihani house(KNEC) is in South C. You have to go there with your bank deposit slip(National bank) of 2,320, copy of your kcse cert and fill some form.
Their numbers: 0720741001/0720741094/0771589759

Lost me on the "dennis Pritt office" , where and what is that?
Mtihani house(KNEC) is in South C. You have to go there with your bank deposit slip(National bank) of 2,320, copy of your kcse cert and fill some form.
Their numbers: 0720741001/0720741094/0771589759

Hi Faith, there are 4 KNEC offices and that's one of them. Thanks so I'll just go the South C office that I was trying to avoid.

@utamaduni I think i remember you from back in the day. Just read your post about missing out on the the other DV and being selected for DV 2018. Wow. Wish you the very best.

Hi Shorrie
If I remember right I think you were in Dv 2013....Thanks though!! I missed out on dv 2014 cut off with like a few hundreds was sure I would do the interview...any ways here I am again...having butterflies with the way the bulletin is moving...I am below 39000 but if the progression will deep below 3500 in the next 3 bulletins I will be out again...man this a rollercoaster ride would not wish it on my worst enemy...!!

Disclaimer: Not to scare any body... But here is a very sad story of a Dv 2016 winner who tried to have Knec send the confirmation letter to Nairobi embassy...but things turned out nasty and scary for her it involved police and arrests ... It dragged for months... It ended up in court to force Knec to confirm her results...before September 30th ..read it for your self...its a CAUTIONARY TALE...!!

http://kenyalaw.org/caselaw/cases/view/126078/

I went there today, I was surprised at how the service is. I paid via Mpesa and attached a copy of my cert to the form they gave me. I was asked to call after ten days and I hope it goes well. Now I'm searching for any stories about recent visa interviews. Thanks for your help

Disclaimer: Not to scare any body... But here is a very sad story of a Dv 2016 winner who tried to have Knec send the confirmation letter to Nairobi embassy...but things turned out nasty and scary for her it involved police and arrests ... It dragged for months... It ended up in court to force Knec to confirm her results...before September 30th ..read it for your self...its a CAUTIONARY TALE...!!

http://kenyalaw.org/caselaw/cases/view/126078/
Wow... Crazy tale.
KNEC has since improved from my experience.

Wow... Crazy tale.
KNEC has since improved from my experience.

And their service is fast, I was actually surprised. The lady I found there assured me that the document will be sent early to avoid any issues. Anyway so I have a question will the embassy require any financial documents from me or my host who's already a US citizen? Or a letter confirming that he will host me is all I need? Any idea?

And their service is fast, I was actually surprised. The lady I found there assured me that the document will be sent early to avoid any issues. Anyway so I have a question will the embassy require any financial documents from me or my host who's already a US citizen? Or a letter confirming that he will host me is all I need? Any idea?

Most Dv winners who have interviewed at Nairobi.. Were never asked for any.. Financial documentation....!! I am yet to come across a Dv interview posted online saying they were asked for any form of it.....But I would recommend highly having the host doing one for you...If they are unwilling to give you one.... As not everybody is casual with displaying their own financial status...Then build up a healthy bank statement!! For just incase...!!

Most Dv winners who have interviewed at Nairobi.. Were never asked for any.. Financial documentation....!! I am yet to come across a Dv interview posted online saying they were asked for any form of it.....But I would recommend highly having the host doing one for you...If they are unwilling to give you one.... As not everybody is casual with displaying their own financial status...Then build up a healthy bank statement!! For just in case...!!
True, I doubt anyone will even if you're close friends. I'll ask for a letter from him confirming that he'll host me till i get a job. Thanks for your help. Now I'm supre nervous about the interview, I hope it goes well.

Most Dv winners who have interviewed at Nairobi.. Were never asked for any.. Financial documentation....!! I am yet to come across a Dv interview posted online saying they were asked for any form of it.....But I would recommend highly having the host doing one for you...If they are unwilling to give you one.... As not everybody is casual with displaying their own financial status...Then build up a healthy bank statement!! For just incase...!!

The Nairobi embassy has been asking, quite frequently now for AOS (I-134 form) of late. Just yesterday someone was placed on AP and asked to submit the AOS from host and his confirmation of results had not been sent to the embassy yet. So, @MrsM2018 be sure to call KNEC multiple times to ensure they indeed send in time and get AOS from your host. Better to be overly prepared.

Hi Shorrie
If I remember right I think you were in Dv 2013....Thanks though!! I missed out on dv 2014 cut off with like a few hundreds was sure I would do the interview...any ways here I am again...having butterflies with the way the bulletin is moving...I am below 39000 but if the progression will deep below 3500 in the next 3 bulletins I will be out again...man this a rollercoaster ride would not wish it on my worst enemy...!!

You should be good now @utamaduni ;). You will be current next month, no doubt. This was the BEST VB so far!

Anybody who have had any disqualification based on recycles photos (Just following up)

Entrant photograph(s) – Recent photographs (taken within the last six months) of yourself, your
spouse, and all your children. See Submitting a Digital Photograph for compositional and
technical specifications. You do not need to include a photograph for a spouse or child who is
already a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident, but you will not be penalized if you do.
We cannot accept group photographs; you must submit a photograph for each individual. Your
entry may be disqualified or your visa application refused if the photographs have been
manipulated in any way, or do not meet the specifications explained below. Submitting the same
photograph that was submitted with last year’s entry (DV-2017) will result in disqualification. See
Submitting a Digital Photograph for more information.

You should be good now @utamaduni ;). You will be current next month, no doubt. This was the BEST VB so far!

Phewww!! what a relief this VB has brought my way..... I was extremely worried to say the least... I logged on the forum and went to the june vb posts I began scrolling down with one eye closed and facing away from the screen... Wow!!! I couldn't believe what i saw 38000....:):) was expecting around 31800.... almost 10k jump... Yes!! @Amazing Faith God willing I will be current next month what I lost in 2014 I will finally get the chance to face the CO...!! This as well could be good news for the guys in the late CN 40k's with Ethiopia out of the scene and Egypt as well almost maxing out....I pray the last CN's get a chance I know how it feels being locked out...!! :mad::(:confused:

Anybody who have had any disqualification based on recycles photos (Just following up)

Entrant photograph(s) – Recent photographs (taken within the last six months) of yourself, your
spouse, and all your children. See Submitting a Digital Photograph for compositional and
technical specifications. You do not need to include a photograph for a spouse or child who is
already a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident, but you will not be penalized if you do.
We cannot accept group photographs; you must submit a photograph for each individual. Your
entry may be disqualified or your visa application refused if the photographs have been
manipulated in any way, or do not meet the specifications explained below. Submitting the same
photograph that was submitted with last year’s entry (DV-2017) will result in disqualification. See
Submitting a Digital Photograph for more information.

I Haven't come across someone's shared interview experience....with the photos as an issue!!! the thing is even in this kenyan forum we have very few guys and not all are sharing the interview experiences.... try and go through Britsimon's blog interview experience page....might find something or other country forums...

Phewww!! what a relief this VB has brought my way..... I was extremely worried to say the least... I logged on the forum and went to the june vb posts I began scrolling down with one eye closed and facing away from the screen... Wow!!! I couldn't believe what i saw 38000....:):) was expecting around 31800.... almost 10k jump... Yes!! @Amazing Faith God willing I will be current next month what I lost in 2014 I will finally get the chance to face the CO...!! This as well could be good news for the guys in the late CN 40k's with Ethiopia out of the scene and Egypt as well almost maxing out....I pray the last CN's get a chance I know how it feels being locked out...!! :mad::(:confused:

Good news for you on this selection. I´m very glad for you.

The Nairobi embassy has been asking, quite frequently now for AOS (I-134 form) of late. Just yesterday someone was placed on AP and asked to submit the AOS from host and his confirmation of results had not been sent to the embassy yet. So, @MrsM2018 be sure to call KNEC multiple times to ensure they indeed send in time and get AOS from your host. Better to be overly prepared.

I can confirm what Amazing Faith is saying. Everyone should be careful with suggesting that anyone misses important details. Failure to prepare could cost a visa.

I'm glad I joined this forum I wouldn't have known all these. Thanks alot I'm following up with KNEC this week, actually starting Monday morning. My host has no problem filling the form he'll send it to me once he's done.

Hi Gurix.

I'm a 2018 winner
I have a few questions I hope you'll be able to assist.
I got my second letter today and the interview is in June.
I checked the site where I'm supposed to book a medical exam but I found that I have to book a visa appointment again. Something likes this
Please select the service type that fits your needs.
  • I need to register an Immigrant Visa appointment
  • I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.
  • I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment.
  • I have received a letter to register or schedule a Diversity Lottery visa appointment
My confusion is for a green card winner which one is it? is it the first one? I really didn't think booking an appointment was needed since it was there already that's why im confused.
My other question is in regards to KCSE certificate, I only have a slip because my former school was closed before I could get the leaving certificate. Will this work or do i need one from KNEC? not sure if they'll have it.
Thanks in advance. I'm new here so i hope this is where i was meant to post my question.

It's been a minute since I've been on this forum. Life happened. I'm glad you've been assisted and it seems KNEC styled up. During our days I went to Mtihani house on Haile Selassie and we paid at Equity branches. Glad to see they use mpesa now. Are you ready with everything else? Medicals, CID cert?

It's been a minute since I've been on this forum. Life happened. I'm glad you've been assisted and it seems KNEC styled up. During our days I went to Mtihani house on Haile Selassie and we paid at Equity branches. Glad to see they use mpesa now. Are you ready with everything else? Medicals, CID cert?
Hey.
So I went for my medicals but the results of my Xray showed "a ka small black shadow on the right side" I'm not a smoker though...everything else that was tested was very okay the doc was actually surprised by the Xray result. I had a bad cold last month and he was telling me that could be it because he checked and I was healthy and unfortunately the embassy doesn't care if the other tests are okay. He sent an email to the embassy telling them that he has requested me not to attend the interview because they need to to more tests - sputum test which takes 8 weeks. I actually wanted to attend the interview but I've thought about it and I've decided not to because its not like I was given the Xray CD the problem is IOM wont release the results until they're done. So I'll reschedule and if I get lucky I'll probably be interviewed before End of September. If not I'll try the next one. I called a friend who works at the Embassy and he said nowadays they don't interview anyone who's been asked to do a sputum test, they usually ask them to reschedule their interview. I didn't even call KNEC to confirm about the results I gave up after the Xray results... but anyway I'll call them kesho. And yes I got my good conduct after three days and I already printed it. My host had already sent me his AOS form. I was actually very ready for my interview.. Oh well I'll wait. Who knows I might get lucky.

Last edited: