• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

Hey.
So I went for my medicals but the results of my Xray showed "a ka small black shadow on the right side" I'm not a smoker though...everything else that was tested was very okay the doc was actually surprised by the Xray result. I had a bad cold last month and he was telling me that could be it because he checked and I was healthy and unfortunately the embassy doesn't care if the other tests are okay. He sent an email to the embassy telling them that I wont show up to my interview because they need to to more tests - sputum test which takes 8 weeks. I actually wanted to attend the interview but I'v thought about it and I've decided not to because its not like I was given the Xray CD the problem is IOM wont release the results until they're done. So I'll reschedule and if I get lucky I'll probably be interviewed before End of September. If not I'll try the next one. I didnt even call KNEC to confirm about the results but I'll call them kesho. And yes I got my good conduct after three days and I laready printed it. My host had already sent me his AOS form. I was actually very ready for my interview.. Oh well I'll wait. Who knows I might get lucky.

Oh my dear :(.... It's like you are literally narrating my story! I am so sorry, i know how it feels. And yes, you still do have time. 8 weeks seems long but they will fly by.
When was your interview? Am sure IOM gave you a procedure on how to reschedule?

Disclaimer: Not to scare any body... But here is a very sad story of a Dv 2016 winner who tried to have Knec send the confirmation letter to Nairobi embassy...but things turned out nasty and scary for her it involved police and arrests ... It dragged for months... It ended up in court to force Knec to confirm her results...before September 30th ..read it for your self...its a CAUTIONARY TALE...!!

http://kenyalaw.org/caselaw/cases/view/126078/
She propped up some of her grades. Honesty.....

The Nairobi embassy has been asking, quite frequently now for AOS (I-134 form) of late. Just yesterday someone was placed on AP and asked to submit the AOS from host and his confirmation of results had not been sent to the embassy yet. So, @MrsM2018 be sure to call KNEC multiple times to ensure they indeed send in time and get AOS from your host. Better to be overly prepared.

I'm nervous about this AOS because I really doubt if my sponsor, that's my cousin will provide all the details!.

Phewww!! what a relief this VB has brought my way..... I was extremely worried to say the least... I logged on the forum and went to the june vb posts I began scrolling down with one eye closed and facing away from the screen... Wow!!! I couldn't believe what i saw 38000....:):) was expecting around 31800.... almost 10k jump... Yes!! @Amazing Faith God willing I will be current next month what I lost in 2014 I will finally get the chance to face the CO...!! This as well could be good news for the guys in the late CN 40k's with Ethiopia out of the scene and Egypt as well almost maxing out....I pray the last CN's get a chance I know how it feels being locked out...!! :mad::(:confused:
To be sincere, after watching the progress and extrapolating, I lost hope in March, but that 9,700 jump brought me back. I bet it may stop at 50k cut off. My interest has been renewed; hope to make it through September as I had predicted early last year before hopes evaporated.

Oh my dear :(.... It's like you are literally narrating my story! I am so sorry, i know how it feels. And yes, you still do have time. 8 weeks seems long but they will fly by.
When was your interview? Am sure IOM gave you a procedure on how to reschedule?
The interview is supposed to be next month - June 7th. But the doctor said the results will be ready by July 20th. Yes they told me to reschedule after June 7th So I should pick any date after 20th July. I'll do that and I hope I get a date because alot of people keep saying its impossible since there are so many people. But I'll wait.

The interview is supposed to be next month - June 7th. But the doctor said the results will be ready by July 20th. Yes they told me to reschedule after June 7th So I should pick any date after 20th July. I'll do that and I hope I get a date because alot of people keep saying its impossible since there are so many people. But I'll wait.

Just suggesting that you should perhaps rather ask the embassy if it’s possible to interview without the medical and submit the medical results when you get them. We have heard stories of people who have been told by IOM to reschedule but not been able to get rescheduled interviews and lose out.

Hey.
So I went for my medicals but the results of my Xray showed "a ka small black shadow on the right side" I'm not a smoker though...everything else that was tested was very okay the doc was actually surprised by the Xray result. I had a bad cold last month and he was telling me that could be it because he checked and I was healthy and unfortunately the embassy doesn't care if the other tests are okay. He sent an email to the embassy telling them that he has requested me not to attend the interview because they need to to more tests - sputum test which takes 8 weeks. I actually wanted to attend the interview but I've thought about it and I've decided not to because its not like I was given the Xray CD the problem is IOM wont release the results until they're done. So I'll reschedule and if I get lucky I'll probably be interviewed before End of September. If not I'll try the next one. I called a friend who works at the Embassy and he said nowadays they don't interview anyone who's been asked to do a sputum test, they usually ask them to reschedule their interview. I didn't even call KNEC to confirm about the results I gave up after the Xray results... but anyway I'll call them kesho. And yes I got my good conduct after three days and I already printed it. My host had already sent me his AOS form. I was actually very ready for my interview.. Oh well I'll wait. Who knows I might get lucky.

Pole, hang in there. If it's meant to be it'll happen. Keep in touch with IOM and hopefully it'll be rescheduled and done in time. Don't give up yet.

Just suggesting that you should perhaps rather ask the embassy if it’s possible to interview without the medical and submit the medical results when you get them. We have heard stories of people who have been told by IOM to reschedule but not been able to get rescheduled interviews and lose out.
If the problem was just the usual delay then yes I'd have just attended the interview without the results. Too bad it's not...This sputum test complicates everything. It looks like nowadays IOM must email the embassy with your exact issue so that on the interview day they'll know whether or not to expect you. I'll keep you posted..

It's just not possible to interview @the Nairobi embassy without having cleared with IOM first, Susie.
I tried going on my scheduled appointment and was sent back, asked to reschedule.
Just after the security checks at the gate, there was (is) a lady who checks the list of scheduled appointments, my name was there but highlighted as being on hold due to medical! So, futile effort. :(

It's just not possible to interview @the Nairobi embassy without having cleared with IOM first, Susie.
I tried going on my scheduled appointment and was sent back, asked to reschedule.
Just after the security checks at the gate, there was (is) a lady who checks the list of scheduled appointments, my name was there but highlighted as being on hold due to medical! So, futile effort. :(
Did you finally do your interview? Whaa looks like they're so strict with this.

Did you finally do your interview? Whaa looks like they're so strict with this.

Not yet. Still waiting on the 8weeks to be done to get the results, should be early June. Meanwhile been trying to reschedule on their online portal where you rarely get any date available sadly.. Only once (last week), since mid April, did i get an open date for 24th this month but couldn't take it up :confused:

Good thing though, they said they will schedule me once they receive file from IOM. This was in response to an email i sent them on the unavailability of open dates. But, am obviously not going to wait on them. Will keep checking the online portal, which you can also do once you "miss" your appointment.
So from 8th, you start the process of trying to get a date.

Not yet. Still waiting on the 8weeks to be done to get the results, should be early June. Meanwhile been trying to reschedule on their online portal where you rarely get any date available sadly.. Only once (last week), since mid April, did i get an open date for 24th this month but couldn't take it up :confused:

Good thing though, they said they will schedule me once they receive file from IOM. This was in response to an email i sent them on the unavailability of open dates. But, am obviously not going to wait on them. Will keep checking the online portal, which you can also do once you "miss" your appointment.
So from 8th, you start the process of trying to get a date.
I'm hoping in case of anything IOM will call me before I book another appointment.. All the best I know you'll get another date.

I'm hoping in case of anything IOM will call me before I book another appointment.. All the best I know you'll get another date.

Thanks dear. Yes, they will call you in the course of the 8 weeks if there is anything to report. So, no call is actually a good sign.
We will get through this. ;)

Thanks dear. Yes, they will call you in the course of the 8 weeks if there is anything to report. So, no call is actually a good sign.
We will get through this. ;)
Thanks. Can't wait to be done yaani. I hope you were able to reschedule. I'm just waiting to miss my interview then start checking.

Thanks. Can't wait to be done yaani. I hope you were able to reschedule. I'm just waiting to miss my interview then start checking.

Oh gosh, I have been away for quite some time now..

First of all, i managed to reschedule and am actually done with the interview and got approved :D. The time between which i got a date, release of results and attended the interview was a little less than 2 weeks and so the reason i was away for this while.

The interview itself is actually quite an anti-climax. Like you are done and you are like, "is that it?" :confused:.

So, now that you are already 4 weeks in on the sputum thingy, you should be a little bit more confident that it will turn out right. If positive, by the 4th week it usually is confirmed. You will be fine. Just a patience and time thing.

Con

First of all, i managed to reschedule and am actually done with the interview and got approved :D. The time between which i got a date, release of results and attended the interview was a little less than 2 weeks and so the reason i was away for this while.

The interview itself is actually quite an anti-climax. Like you are done and you are like, "is that it?" :confused:.

So, now that you are already 4 weeks in on the sputum thingy, you should be a little bit more confident that it will turn out right. If positive, by the 4th week it usually is confirmed. You will be fine. Just a patience and time thing.
Congratulations @Amazing Faith. Im waiting for the VB with bated breath. Hoping to become current with the July VB. I must have hit the refresh button on the Visa Bulletin page like 200 times o_O

Congratulations!

AAAhhhh ririririiieee!! Ohhh Wwwoooww:):):):) Congrats!! lucky you!!.....now its just departure preparations....Well done......!! Us just waiting for the VB seems to be taking toooo long to be published.....Kindly share your Interview questions etc....did they ask for the affidavit of support???:(:(