1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Guriix, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Pat Mwas

Pat Mwas New Member

Hi @Britsimon have a question asking for a friend ......
    1.I filled both initial application and ds260 Married and put all the details of my husband . but he says he does not want to go with me, i have a marriage cert
    What can i do ? since he does not want to take me to the embassy or to travel with me.
    2. This man is not the father of my Kid so the birth cert does not appear his name can this bring more complications on my case ?

Please advise.... thank you.

2. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

1. Do you still want to go to the US anyway and leave your husband behind? Then all that happens is that your husband doesn’t go to the embassy and doesn’t get a visa, but you can still get one - assuming of course that you are the principal applicant. If he is the principal applicant and doesn’t want to get a visa, nothing you can do.
    2. Who is the father? Is he around? Can you get permission to take the child out of the country?

3. Marion91

Marion91 New Member

Hi guys, I'm really nervous I'm dv selected 2018 my cn is AF00052*** ,I wish the visa bulletin would go current already. Is it true that last year every dv selectee got to get interviewed?

4. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Are you currently in the US? Are you processing AOS?

5. Marion91

Marion91 New Member

Hi sm1s mom do you have any idea when Africa will go current?

6. Marion91

Marion91 New Member

No I am in Kenya Africa

7. Marion91

Marion91 New Member

8. Marion91

Marion91 New Member

Hi @Britsimon I am a dv selected 2018 my CN is AF00052*** ,do you think Africa will go current as it did last year according to your analysis?
    Is it true that when 2017 went current every dvselectee who got a 2nl got an interview? I'm in Kenya.

9. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

The AOS thread is for selectees currently in the US who are processing AOS, so I’ve moved your posts from that thread.

Marion91 likes this.
  10. Marion91

Marion91 New Member

Thank u

11. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

I don’t know if Africa will go current or not, “wait and see” like Simon says.

Marion91 likes this.
  12. shorrie

shorrie Registered Users (C)

Am glad it turned out well. They got their Visa Approved and is leaving for the US in a few days to come.

13. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Providing more information as to what happened, why your friend was asked to show up for another interview and how the second interview actually went is a lot more useful than simply letting us know you’re glad it turned out well. Someone else could benefit from their experience in the future - that’s what this forum is all about: benefit from each other’s experience.

SusieQQQ likes this.
  14. shorrie

shorrie Registered Users (C)

They had asked for the ID since the Names on some of his Certificates/ Diplomas (courses which had been done in the US) had only two names. Then he also does some contract work with the US Army and they needed a letter to that effect.

Sm1smom likes this.
  15. Afrikana

Afrikana Member

Hi @Britsimon. Where can i find the selectee numbers from DV2010 - DV2018.

16. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

17. Afrikana

Afrikana Member

18. Afrikana

Afrikana Member

Hey @Britsimon. Do you expect the VB pace for AF region to increase in the remaining months?

19. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

Yes

Afrikana likes this.
  20. godilubex

godilubex New Member

How can you prove a relationship is genuine ahead of the consular