• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

We had our interview today (Chicago, IL). Pretty anticlimactic experience after all this waiting. IO wanted to see old passports with all the visas, current I-797s (took copies), my recent paystubs, tax transcripts (took all of them, even though they were part of the AOS package except the most recent one). We assured him that we really don't want to practice polygamy, nor overthrow the US government. After that he said everything looks good and that he'll review the case in the afternoon. We said goodbyes and left. We received CPOs before we got home.

Update: Due to all the emotions I forgot the most important thing: @Sm1smom thank you for all the help! Without you it would be even more stressful.

Last edited:
I have a question. To prepare for infopass in case they interview me, do I need to take documents that were included in the package that I wouldn't have "originals" anyway like bank statements that are printed out from the bank's website?.
Of course I need to take originals per se like education credentials, passport, etc but what about the ones that I would print again anyways?
Thank you.

For anyone that was interviewed in Houston, did they request old passports you ever had like from many years ago?
Thank you.

Hi Mom,

For the tax returns, do we need to go for IRS transcripts even if we have 'Return forms' for the interview? Is it more acceptable?

Thank you.:)

I have a question. To prepare for infopass in case they interview me, do I need to take documents that were included in the package that I wouldn't have "originals" anyway like bank statements that are printed out from the bank's website?.
Of course I need to take originals per se like education credentials, passport, etc but what about the ones that I would print again anyways?
Thank you.

Take anything and everything you think you might need. Take updated bank statements

Hi Mom,

For the tax returns, do we need to go for IRS transcripts even if we have 'Return forms' for the interview? Is it more acceptable?

Thank you.:)

You need the IRS tax transcripts - that is the official documents evidencing your tax filings. Your tax Return forms doesn’t necessarily confirm your tax filings, it’s just an evidence of tax preparations at best.

Hello Sm1smom,

After three weeks from sending the RFE docs overnight, I went to the FO. I could not book an appointment, but the IO was helpful. I was informed that my file was transferred to another FO. My headache is back since I learned about this.
1- Kindly what does this imply? Given that I already had the interview. The RFE docs were sent to my initial FO, per the letter's instructions. 2- How could I know if the RFE were transferred with the file or they were received afterwards and left behind? 3- please what do you advice me to do? Knowing that the new FO is four hours drive.:(

You need the IRS tax transcripts - that is the official documents evidencing your tax filings. Your tax Return forms doesn’t necessarily confirm your tax filings, it’s just an evidence of tax preparations at best.
Can the IRS transcripts just be printed online?

We had our interview today (Chicago, IL). Pretty anticlimactic experience after all this waiting. IO wanted to see old passports with all the visas, current I-797s (took copies), my recent paystubs, tax transcripts (took all of them, even though they were part of the AOS package except the most recent one). We assured him that we really don't want to practice polygamy, nor overthrow the US government. After that he said everything looks good and that he'll review the case in the afternoon. We said goodbyes and left. We received CPOs before we got home.

Update: Due to all the emotions I forgot the most important thing: @Sm1smom thank you for all the help! Without you it would be even more stressful.

I'm sure they also took into account all your hard work on the scraper and dvcharts! ;-)

Congrats!

Hello Sm1smom,

After three weeks from sending the RFE docs overnight, I went to the FO. I could not book an appointment, but the IO was helpful. I was informed that my file was transferred to another FO. My headache is back since I learned about this.
1- Kindly what does this imply? Given that I already had the interview. The RFE docs were sent to my initial FO, per the letter's instructions. 2- How could I know if the RFE were transferred with the file or they were received afterwards and left behind? 3- please what do you advice me to do? Knowing that the new FO is four hours drive.:(

1 & 2: I’m sorry to learn of your headache and of your file being transferred to another FO, but these are questions you should have asked when you visited your FO.
3. Visit the new FO with your case file.

1 & 2: I’m sorry to learn of your headache and of your file being transferred to another FO, but these are questions you should have asked when you visited your FO.
3. Visit the new FO with your case file.
Thank you for your response.

I did not want to get much into the details. As I could not get an infopass scheduled, I did attempt a walkin, to then be told that I needed an appointment. I explained the struggle to get an appointment withe new system. I was able to get an appointment scheduled for tomorrow at my initial FO. I left then received a call from the IO while driving back home. That is when I was told that my case os no longer there and that it is now at another FO. I asked over the phone about the reason for the transfer and was told that it is due to a bachlog and that they do that when they are overloaded. I was also told that there was no need to go to my initial FO tomorrow since my case is no longer there and was also told that the IO will check for me if they got the RFE docs that I sent also included in my file before sending it.

So that is why I was asking you based on your experience, what this implies. 1- Meaning, if transferring my case to another FO could mean that I would have another interview? 2- should I still go to my scheduled tomorrow infopass, and what questions do you advice me to ask?

You’re welcome.

Very happy for how smooth the process has been for you and to have been a part of your success story. Enjoy your new status. :)

Thank you for your response.

I did not want to get much into the details. As I could not get an infopass scheduled, I did attempt a walkin, to then be told that I needed an appointment. I explained the struggle to get an appointment withe new system. I was able to get an appointment scheduled for tomorrow at my initial FO. I left then received a call from the IO while driving back home. That is when I was told that my case os no longer there and that it is now at another FO. I asked over the phone about the reason for the transfer and was told that it is due to a bachlog and that they do that when they are overloaded. I was also told that there was no need to go to my initial FO tomorrow since my case is no longer there and was also told that the IO will check for me if they got the RFE docs that I sent also included in my file before sending it.

So that is why I was asking you based on your experience, what this implies. 1- Meaning, if transferring my case to another FO could mean that I would have another interview? 2- should I still go to my scheduled tomorrow infopass, and what questions do you advice me to ask?

Since I’m obviously not a mind reader, I have no way of knowing what you know or where told if you don’t share that information, right?

1. Hopefully not, but if they determine there’s a need to, then they’ll request for you to come in.
2. It’s your call if if you still want to visit the first FO if you feel a need to cross check what you were told over the phone. You should definitely be paying the new FO a visit though like I previously responded.

Since I’m obviously not a mind reader, I have no way of knowing what you know or where told if you don’t share that information, right?

1. Hopefully not, but if they determine there’s a need to, then they’ll request for you to come in.
2. It’s your call if if you still want to visit the first FO if you feel a need to cross check what you were told over the phone. You should definitely be paying the new FO a visit though like I previously responded.
Ok thank you

Hello Sm1smom,

We had our interview at the same field office as Snaydsa early in May. After the interview officer told that everything looked good but he needed to check everything once again and would contact us if something needed. Also at the interview he took original of my I-129S form (related to my employment), I asked to confirm with supervisor whether he needs original and not the copy, he went somewhere, came back, told that they needed original and he made a copy for me.
At the end of the May we went on Infopass, officer spoke to our IO and we were told that IO was still working on the case but would try to make a decision a soon as possible. Recently we've made a congressional inquiry and today received a response that our case was transferred to NBC (not to another field office as Snaydsa's case), but no answer on status from NBC yet.

Do you recall any similar experiences when the case was transferred back to NBC after the interview? What the reason might be for that?
If the case is transferred to another field office due to overload is it sent via NBC or directly?

Last edited:
Hi Mom,

As an F1/F2 visa holders, we do not need to send any old I797, correct? This only applies if I had already applied for OPT extension (for instance)?

Thanks