• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hello Sm1smom,

After my interview on May 7th, I did receive an RFE that I did reply to the same day on May 23rd. I did send the docs overnight, and the delivery was made on May 24th. It has been two weeks since the RFE and a month since the interview.

My FO does not accept infopasses. And online status did not change from "fingerprint fees were received".

I called the 1800 number and the second level officer advised to just wait and that they could not schedule an infopass.
Kindly what do you advise? I want to make sure that my IO got the docs and also want to know what is going on. I also do not want for my quest for updates to be regarded as exercising any kind of pressure on the IO.

Kind regards

If you followed the instructions they provided for responding to the RFE, be assured your documents got to the right place. Even if you were able to go on an INFOPASS, it’s not like you’ll be able to speak with the IO that interviewed you, right? So be patient like they said.

Get approved on or before Sept. 30th. The GC could be issued/received after Sept. 30th, it’s the approval that must happen on or before.

1) And lastly, as it takes roughly 3-4 months to process both I-131 and I-765 it doesn't benefit as it takes roughly the same amount of time to receive the GC if approved?

If you followed the instructions they provided for responding to the RFE, be assured your documents got to the right place. Even if you were able to go on an INFOPASS, it’s not like you’ll be able to speak with the IO that interviewed you, right? So be patient like they said.
Ok. I am trying hard. Thank you

1) And lastly, as it takes roughly 3-4 months to process both I-131 and I-765 it doesn't benefit as it takes roughly the same amount of time to receive the GC if approved?

I didn’t say that. There are situations where it makes sense to apply for those. It is beneficial for someone with a lower CN who is however stuck on AP (or for none DV based AOS petitions which takes longer to process), and needs to pick up some authorized employment or make a quick trip outside the US while the AOS petition is pending.

It is not beneficial in your case, just focus on that.

I didn’t say that. There are situations where it makes sense to apply for those. It is beneficial for someone with a lower CN who is however stuck on AP (or for none DV based AOS petitions which takes longer to process), and needs to pick up some authorized employment or make a quick trip outside the US while the AOS petition is pending.

It is not beneficial in your case, just focus on that.

Thank you for the detailed explanation! We couldn't be doing this on our 'own' without you!

Hi Mom,

I know financial documents are not required but you suggest to send them anyways (me too).
I have copies of my tax returns and my job letter and pay stubs. I am hesitant to send my bank statement as the amount on it isn't very high at the moment (2-3k).

1) Would you still suggest to send my bank statement, or are the other documents good enough?

Thanks!

1. Confirm they indeed have your AOS case file - as it been assigned to an IO, why was it transferred from your FO?, ask about background check, ask if they have your KCC file, ask what the next step should be since you were already interviewed by the other FO, ask to know when what’s the delay in getting a decision?

2. Yes you can request to speak with the supervisor if you’re not satisfied with the response you get.

3. Of course the person that will adjudicate the petition will know.
Thank you so much mom!
1. Confirm they indeed have your AOS case file - as it been assigned to an IO, why was it transferred from your FO?, ask about background check, ask if they have your KCC file, ask what the next step should be since you were already interviewed by the other FO, ask to know when what’s the delay in getting a decision?

2. Yes you can request to speak with the supervisor if you’re not satisfied with the response you get.

3. Of course the person that will adjudicate the petition will know.

• They do have my AOS case file & KCC.
  • I showed the selection letter/ receipt for application
  • Background check was done so it wasn't that or a security reason.
  • I told them I was already interviewed at the other office 2 months ago
  • The person that helped me did not know why the case was sent to them either. He said that it *might* be a memo they're not aware of
  • I was given a case inquiry form that I filed during the infopass to be given to his supervisor ( he said he'll give it to them personally)

So I feel now I have to wait for a response to that Inquiry or should I do something else?

Thank you so much mom!

• They do have my AOS case file & KCC.
  • I showed the selection letter/ receipt for application
  • Background check was done so it wasn't that or a security reason.
  • I told them I was already interviewed at the other office 2 months ago
  • The person that helped me did not know why the case was sent to them either. He said that it *might* be a memo they're not aware of
  • I was given a case inquiry form that I filed during the infopass to be given to his supervisor ( he said he'll give it to them personally)

So I feel now I have to wait for a response to that Inquiry or should I do something else?

Did the person you saw actually confirmed your background check already cleared, or are you saying “background check was done ...” based on the bio you did before your interview?

I suggest you book another INFOPASS in advance to visit in two weeks’ time if you don’t hear from the supervisor as promised.

Did the person you saw actually confirmed your background check already cleared, or are you saying “background check was done ...” based on the bio you did before your interview?

I suggest you book another INFOPASS in advance to visit in two weeks’ time if you don’t hear from the supervisor as promised.
Oh the background check was cleared.
Yes I will schedule another infopass. ( should I schedule it for my local office or manhattan?, I know they should at the file needs to be back to my local FO)
thank you!

Hello Sm1smom,

After my interview on May 7th, I did receive an RFE that I did reply to the same day on May 23rd. I did send the docs overnight, and the delivery was made on May 24th. It has been two weeks since the RFE and a month since the interview.

My FO does not accept infopasses. And online status did not change from "fingerprint fees were received".

I called the 1800 number and the second level officer advised to just wait and that they could not schedule an infopass.
Kindly what do you advise? I want to make sure that my IO got the docs and also want to know what is going on. I also do not want for my quest for updates to be regarded as exercising any kind of pressure on the IO.

Kind regards

Hi,
If possible and not personal, could you please share what kind of RFE you received? I am preparing for our interview and want to know little bit of details about the kind of RFE people get? Thank you.

You will no longer require an EAD with an approved GC. You will automatically become eligible to work with any employer anywhere in the US.

Word of caution though, I suggest you actually get your GC first before resigning your current job.
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know I attended my interview on June 5 and my card was shipped on June 8. Thank you so much for your help! Here's my timeline for especially NY folks.

DS-260 Submission - 5/10/2017
KCC Email - 6/23/2017
Chicago Lockbox - 9/29/2017
Acceptance Email/Check Cashed - 10/11/2017
NOA Letter - 10/13/2017
Bio Letter - 10/27/2017
Bio Walk-in - 11/2/2017
Interview Notice - 5/1/2018
Interview Date - 6/5/2018
Card Shipped - 6/8/2018

Best wishes.

Hi Mom,
how can i add my AOS processing timelines in DV 2018 AOS Timelines?
Maybe it would be reference information for those who are in same foot as mine,

Case Number: 2018AS6XXX
Case Current: July 2018
Package Sent: 12th May 2018
Check Cashed: 21st May 2018
Notification Text: 22nd May 2018
Notification Letter: 25th May 2018
Bio-Letter Received: 3rd June 2018
Bio Schedule: 13th June 2018
Bio-Walk in: 5th June 2018'

And now i am waiting for interview letter.

My field Office is Baltimore MD, My Wife is a DV winner.
She is in F2 status with pending assylum case.
I am in F1 status.
Actually, I am the primary applicant for the Assylum, she is the beneficiary one.

Thank You once again, Mom, for your contribution!

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know I attended my interview on June 5 and my card was shipped on June 8. Thank you so much for your help! Here's my timeline for especially NY folks.

KCC Email - 6/23/2017
NOA Letter - 10/13/2017
Bio Letter - 10/27/2017
Bio Walk-in - 11/2/2017
Card Shipped - 6/8/2018

Best wishes.
Congratulations and Thank You for your information!

Hi Mom,
how can i add my AOS processing timelines in DV 2018 AOS Timelines?
Maybe it would be reference information for those who are in same foot as mine,

Case Number: 2018AS6XXX
Case Current: July 2018
Package Sent: 12th May 2018
Check Cashed: 21st May 2018
Notification Text: 22nd May 2018
Notification Letter: 25th May 2018
Bio-Letter Received: 3rd June 2018
Bio Schedule: 13th June 2018
Bio-Walk in: 5th June 2018'

And now i am waiting for interview letter.

My field Office is Baltimore MD, My Wife is a DV winner.
She is in F2 status with pending assylum case.
I am in F1 status.
Actually, I am the primary applicant for the Assylum, she is the beneficiary one.

Thank You once again, Mom, for your contribution!

Send access request from the spreadsheet.

Hi Mom,
My bio-metric was submitted May 01 in USCIS, and I am still waiting to be invited for the interview. As I did not receive any letter yet, I expect to be in background check process (mainly because of nationality (Iranian), because I am a PhD student in agricultural engineering department and my field of study would not have any issue). By considering the fact that I have a limited time to take green card (September 30th), do you think that would be necessary to ask my field office to request for expedite background check processes or It is not recommended now?
Thank you,

Hi Mom,
My bio-metric was submitted May 01 in USCIS, and I am still waiting to be invited for the interview. As I did not receive any letter yet, I expect to be in background check process (mainly because of nationality (Iranian), because I am a PhD student in agricultural engineering department and my field of study would not have any issue). By considering the fact that I have a limited time to take green card (September 30th), do you think that would be necessary to ask my field office to request for expedite background check processes or It is not recommended now?
Thank you,

You may request it, your FO however may decide to not honor the request.

Hi,

KCC Email - 6/23/2017
NOA Letter - 10/13/2017
Bio Letter - 10/27/2017
Bio Walk-in - 11/2/2017
Card Shipped - 6/8/2018

Best wishes.

Congratulations! I can't believe yours got approved so fast!

I'm still waiting for mine sadly. Hopefully I hear back soon though