• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi Mom, My FO called me today and told me they have to reschedule my interview which was supposed to be next week. Because my background is not cleared yet :(. My Medical is valid only to middle of July. I am wondering if I need to repeat that or go an infopass and ask the officer.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello Sm1smom,

We had our interview at the same field office as Snaydsa early in May. After the interview officer told that everything looked good but he needed to check everything once again and would contact us if something needed. Also at the interview he took original of my I-129S form (related to my employment), I asked to confirm with supervisor whether he needs original and not the copy, he went somewhere, came back, told that they needed original and he made a copy for me.
At the end of the May we went on Infopass, officer spoke to our IO and we were told that IO was still working on the case but would try to make a decision a soon as possible. Recently we've made a congressional inquiry and today received a response that our case was transferred to NBC (not to another field office as Snaydsa's case), but no answer on status from NBC yet.

Do you recall any similar experiences when the case was transferred back to NBC after the interview? What the reason might be for that?
If the case is transferred to another field office due to overload is it sent via NBC or directly?

It looks like your FO is doing load shedding - it’s not unusual for one FO to transfer cases to other FOs when they have heavy workloads. What I find strange in both yours and @Snaydsa’s case though is the fact that the transfer happened after your interviews already took place. I’m wondering if it has to do with your IO no longer being available and they have no one else available to adjudicate DV based AOS petitions hence the transfer.

It doesn’t make sense that yours got transferred to the NBC though. Of course I have no knowledge into the internal workings of the transfer process, so I don’t know if it’s supposed to go back through the NBC. I think you should pay your FO a visit to get better clarification on your case status.

Hi Mom, My FO called me today and told me they have to reschedule my interview which was supposed to be next week. Because my background is not cleared yet :(. My Medical is valid only to middle of July. I am wondering if I need to repeat that or go an infopass and ask the officer.
Thanks

When was the medical exam done? July 2017?

Hello Sm1smom,

So I just got the confirmation that my case was sent to Vermont service center, that I cannot visit. They also could not confirm that the RFE docs I sent were included in the file before it was sent. I was also told that the file was sent on June 11. The RFE docs were delivered on May 24, so hopefully they were in the file before it gets sent.

So now that I know that the case is at Vermont service center, does that mean that the service center will adjucate it or it will be dispatched to another FO?
Should I go for a congressman inquiry?

What does the AOS process spreadsheet say?

"I-797 Notice of Action - Indicating current visa status (If applicable)". I just want to make sure that I am not applicable since my latest one was the approval notice for my EAD card. Therefore, I do not need to submit it correct?

Thank you Mom!

"I-797 Notice of Action - Indicating current visa status (If applicable)". I just want to make sure that I am not applicable since my latest one was the approval notice for my EAD card. Therefore, I do not need to submit it correct?

Thank you Mom!
"If applicable" in this context means if you have any. You need to prove to IO that you are eligible to adjust status. One of the requirements for the eligibility is the fact that you maintained a valid status whole time since you last crossed the border. If you adjusted your status at some point to F, you need to provide documents pertinent to that: I-20, I-797 etc. As a rule of thumb: if you have any document proving validity of your status it's better to send it rather than not...

"If applicable" in this context means if you have any. You need to prove to IO that you are eligible to adjust status. One of the requirements for the eligibility is the fact that you maintained a valid status whole time since you last crossed the border. If you adjusted your status at some point to F, you need to provide documents pertinent to that: I-20, I-797 etc. As a rule of thumb: if you have any document proving validity of your status it's better to send it rather than not...

Thank you very much for your reply Xarthisius.

We (spouse and I) never adjusted status in the US. To prove validity of my/her status, we will send all I-20. However, you are right, if I have them available I should be sending them as well. Thank you for your reply.

Hello Sm1smom,

So I just got the confirmation that my case was sent to Vermont service center, that I cannot visit. They also could not confirm that the RFE docs I sent were included in the file before it was sent. I was also told that the file was sent on June 11. The RFE docs were delivered on May 24, so hopefully they were in the file before it gets sent.

So now that I know that the case is at Vermont service center, does that mean that the service center will adjucate it or it will be dispatched to another FO?
Should I go for a congressman inquiry?

Hmmn! This corroborates what @d1x posted about their case being transferred to a service center. Service centers do not conduct interviews to the best of my knowledge, they adjudicate cases requiring no interview. So since you and @d1x have already been interviewed, my guess is your case files got forwarded as part of your FO’s load shedding process. The concern of course is if your FO identified those as DV based petitions which are time limited.

I think you should reach out to the ombudsman’s office for case follow up assistance. That may hopefully bring the time sensitive nature of your petition to the service center’s attention.

Hmmn! This corroborates what @d1x posted about their case being transferred to a service center. Service centers do not conduct interviews to the best of my knowledge, they adjudicate cases requiring no interview. So since you and @d1x have already been interviewed, my guess is your case files got forwarded as part of your FO’s load shedding process. The concern of course is if your FO identified those as DV based petitions which are time limited.

I think you should reach out to the ombudsman’s office for case follow up assistance. That may hopefully bring the time sensitive nature of your petition to the service center’s attention.
Ok thank you

Hi Mom, I hope you have not missed my question. I know I rushed for my medical and that time I did not know this forum. But I am really stressed out now. I just did an expedite request. If that does not work, I do not know if I have to do my medical again for only more 3 month? Please give me a clue.
Thanks

Hi Mom
2 weeks ago we received 2nd NL fee payment instructions. My wife is the main applicant. Our case number is high but we are willing to take the risk of losing $330 fee. So we will pay the fee first and wait and hope that miracle will happens. We are currently on E2 investor visa. Since we already submit the DS-260 last year we already showed immigration intention that might effect our future E2 Visa renewals from USCIS. My question is paying the fee will make any more negative effect for our future E2 renewals?

Hi Mom,
I am wondering to know that how is our case will be processed after biometrics?
I have read some previous posts in this forum that, by calling KCC we can get information about either our USCIS Field office requested the case file to KCC or not. So, today i call to KCC and the lady told me that USCIS Field office does not request our file yet!

My questions :

1)
So, besides only waiting for interview letter, is there any way that we can get information about what progress is going on in our case without out going on the FIELD office through infopass?

2) We have the pending assylum case also, in this scenario; does NBC will take more time to review our case? ( For more information My wife is the DV winner and I am the principal applicant for the assylum case, she is right now in F2 Visa, i have included her name also in the beneficiary in our assylum case)

3) Is there anyway to get information wither NBC forward our case to USCIS Field office or not?

Thank you so much for your help MOM!

Thank you again. I just did submit a request to the Ombudsman. Should I also approach a congressman?

Hi Mom, I hope you have not missed my question. I know I rushed for my medical and that time I did not know this forum. But I am really stressed out now. I just did an expedite request. If that does not work, I do not know if I have to do my medical again for only more 3 month? Please give me a clue.
Thanks

How about exercising some patience? It’s not like I’ve responded to any other post on this thread since your last question, right. The last post I responded to was before yours and I haven’t been back since then!

If your medical is over 1 year by the time of your interview, you’ll probably be asked to present a new medical form. So you may go ahead and do a new one now, or wait till you receive your IL and redo it (if it’s over 1 year) and take the new one along for the interview.

Hi Mom
2 weeks ago we received 2nd NL fee payment instructions. My wife is the main applicant. Our case number is high but we are willing to take the risk of losing $330 fee. So we will pay the fee first and wait and hope that miracle will happens. We are currently on E2 investor visa. Since we already submit the DS-260 last year we already showed immigration intention that might effect our future E2 Visa renewals from USCIS. My question is paying the fee will make any more negative effect for our future E2 renewals?

An immigrant intent has already been demonstrated with the DS260 form submission. DV administrative fee payment makes no difference to that.

Thank you again. I just did submit a request to the Ombudsman. Should I also approach a congressman?
Hi Snayds, just wondering. Is your initial FO at CT state Hartford? My FO is Hartford CT and I also want to schedule Infopass but I cannot do it online...

Hi Snayds, just wondering. Is your initial FO at CT state Hartford? My FO is Hartford CT and I also want to schedule Infopass but I cannot do it online...
Hello,

Try the 1800 number. Then try online there is a link on the appointment page that takes you to a form. They then will contact you to understand the infopass reason and if they want to they will book one for you.

How about exercising some patience? It’s not like I’ve responded to any other post on this thread since your last question, right. The last post I responded to was before yours and I haven’t been back since then!

If your medical is over 1 year by the time of your interview, you’ll probably be asked to present a new medical form. So you may go ahead and do a new one now, or wait till you receive your IL and redo it (if it’s over 1 year) and take the new one along for the interview.
You are right about being patient. But honestly it is a stressful situation because I have to retake medical for only more 2month to end of DV 2018 year. :(

By the way, do you think I am eligible to request an expedition?
Thanks