• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

You are right about being patient. But honestly it is a stressful situation because I have to retake medical for only more 2month to end of DV 2018 year. :(

It’s unfortunate you did your medical a few months before the fiscal year had even started.

It’s unfortunate you did your medical a few months before the fiscal year had even started.
Yes because people from DV 2017 recommended me to do that earlier since they thought my number will be current on November and I have to send my package over August that was totally wrong.

Hi Mom,
I received a mail from USCIS which they are requesting some documents,
first they think that in 2005 I arrived in US with visitor visa B2 and did not leave until 2008. This was not the case of course, I came in for a family visit and went back a week later, but they are requesting
- proof of lawful status in US during this time
- proof of departure upon the expiration of authorized stay
- physical presence outside of US
- Any other evidence for consideration to overcome the issue

How should I prove this? Is a Canadian Tax return with income report enough of evidence during that period? Anything else would take time for me to provide. I have to check if I have access to the record online after all these years. I was thinking perhaps getting a letter of employment from my employer, but Tax return.
It also mentions that if you are found inadmissible under INA212..., you may be are eligible for a waiver, you can fill the form I601.

2- The form I693 report of medical exam and vaccination is incomplete (Part 9 of vaccination record) and they have attached the copy.
I see that there are many of the vaccines that the doctor has left empty, only he has marked Tdap, MMR, Hepatitis B, and Varicella (2 shots) with MMR and Hep B marked as completed (Mark an X if complete).

What I am suppose to do about this? should I contact the Dr or should I do a new one. which one is the one that is not complete?

I would really appreciate you help.
Best

Hi Mom,
How should I prove this? Is a Canadian Tax return with income report enough of evidence during that period? Anything else would take time for me to provide. I have to check if I have access to the record online after all these years. I was thinking perhaps getting a letter of employment from my employer, but Tax return.
Paying taxes in another country doesn't prove you were physically there (e.g. I still pay some taxes in my home country even though I haven't been there for 3.5 years). You need something like: school record/transcripts if you studied at that time, medical bills from a hospital, airline tickets showing that you left (I know, who keeps those...?), rental agreements (if you have any), stamps in passport if you visited other countries at that time, speeding ticket, etc.

Hi Mom,
first they think that in 2005 I arrived in US with visitor visa B2 and did not leave until 2008. This was not the case of course, I came in for a family visit and went back a week later, but they are requesting

How should I prove this?

Do you have an entry stamp in your passport from the county you went to after leaving the US? That would be the simplest and probably best way to prove you left.

You’re probably unlikely to qualify for an i601 waiver and even if you did there is just about zero chance you’d get it before the end of the fiscal year.

Do you have an entry stamp in your passport from the county you went to after leaving the US? That would be the simplest and probably best way to prove you left.

You’re probably unlikely to qualify for an i601 waiver and even if you did there is just about zero chance you’d get it before the end of the fiscal year.

Thanks for the reply. I do have one stamp in my passport during that period. I also have my University transcript.
For the passport should I send copy of all pages or just the page with the stamp?

Hi Mom,
I am wondering to know that how is our case will be processed after biometrics?
I have read some previous posts in this forum that, by calling KCC we can get information about either our USCIS Field office requested the case file to KCC or not. So, today i call to KCC and the lady told me that USCIS Field office does not request our file yet!

My questions :

1)
So, besides only waiting for interview letter, is there any way that we can get information about what progress is going on in our case without out going on the FIELD office through infopass?

2) We have the pending assylum case also, in this scenario; does NBC will take more time to review our case? ( For more information My wife is the DV winner and I am the principal applicant for the assylum case, she is right now in F2 Visa, i have included her name also in the beneficiary in our assylum case)

3) Is there anyway to get information wither NBC forward our case to USCIS Field office or not?

Thank you so much for your help MOM!

1. Call the 1800 number for USCIS

2. No. NBC’s job is not to review them. Plus your asylum petition is separate from your DV based AOS petition.

3. See 1 above.

You are right about being patient. But honestly it is a stressful situation because I have to retake medical for only more 2month to end of DV 2018 year. :(

By the way, do you think I am eligible to request an expedition?
Thanks

You may send in an expedite request, no harm in trying.

Yes because people from DV 2017 recommended me to do that earlier since they thought my number will be current on November and I have to send my package over August that was totally wrong.

Even if your CN was current in November and you mailed in your package in August, it clearly would have been rejected by the Chicago Lockbox, you can’t file 3 months early. It’s a pity you decided to listen to “people from DV 2017” and not follow the guidance from the AOS process spreadsheet considering the fact that you’ve been posting in this forum since May 2017.

Even if your CN was current in November and you mailed in your package in August, it clearly would have been rejected by the Chicago Lockbox, you can’t file 3 months early. It’s a pity you decided to listen to “people from DV 2017” and not follow the guidance from the AOS process spreadsheet considering the fact that you’ve been posting in this forum since May 2017.

It doesn’t even make sense because a VB released in August would only have the October numbers anyway, not the November ones. Anyway it’s done but certainly unfortunate that it’s causing extra stress and possibly extra cost for him.

Hi Mom,

It also mentions that if you are found inadmissible under INA212..., you may be are eligible for a waiver, you can fill the form I601.

2- The form I693 report of medical exam and vaccination is incomplete (Part 9 of vaccination record) and they have attached the copy.
I see that there are many of the vaccines that the doctor has left empty, only he has marked Tdap, MMR, Hepatitis B, and Varicella (2 shots) with MMR and Hep B marked as completed (Mark an X if complete).

What I am suppose to do about this? should I contact the Dr or should I do a new one. which one is the one that is not complete?

I would really appreciate you help.
Best

Yes income tax return can be used, but it is not enough on its own. School records such as transcripts AND enrollment verification letter if in school during that period can be used. Employment verification letter, pay stubs, if working during that period is another option. Rent receipts, utility bills. Correspondence from the Canadian government during that period of time. Medical records. Copies of boarding pass for when you exited the US or to other places visited since departure, stamped passport, etc. You’ll need more than one or two items to prove you were not in the US during those times noted on the RFE.

The doctor should have marked an X on one of the boxes under the “not medically appropriate” section of the form for the other vaccines and not leave them blank. And he should have given you a copy (for your records) which you should have checked by the way before mailing your package. So go back to that doctor for a new report which you shouldn’t have to pay for.

Hi Mom,

Could you please help me on the following matter.
Due to the unforeseen circumstances my spouse will be bit delay to join with me to send AOS files together. So we are considering the options we have.
1) Can we send the AOS application packets separately, provided that I have payed the DOS fee for both, but with single receipt? ( I will indicate that spouse is also applying with me )
2)How would it impact on my application (the selectee) processing time?
3)If my spouse had to go CP, will it still be okay for me to file AOS with DV administrative fee receipt which has paid for two?

Thank you much in advance

Hi Mom,

Could you please help me on the following matter.
Due to the unforeseen circumstances my spouse will be bit delay to join with me to send AOS files together. So we are considering the options we have.
1) Can we send the AOS application packets separately, provided that I have payed the DOS fee for both, but with single receipt? ( I will indicate that spouse is also applying with me )
2)How would it impact on my application (the selectee) processing time?
3)If my spouse had to go CP, will it still be okay for me to file AOS with DV administrative fee receipt which has paid for two?

Thank you much in advance

You need to provide more information regarding your wife before I can answer any of your questions. Precisely what do you mean by your ‘wife will be a bit delayed’? Where is your wife? What is her current status? Is she outside the US? If yes, how long as she been out and what was/is the plan regarding her return? Is either of you from Iran/Afghanistan or one of the countries on the travel ban list?

Hello Mom!

Currently i'm waiting for my biometrics letter in the mail and I had a few quick questions.
1. Since my son is 2 and under the age of 13 does he not have to go to the biometrics appointment at all or will he still have to go and take a picture with me?
2. What questions should I ask the FO when I go to my biometrics appointment? I know this was talked about in the forum, but I can't seem to find the post so maybe someone can link the post number?
3. Should I ask the FO if they can expedite my case? Since its getting close to end?
4. If I end up getting an interview after August 23 my son will be due for his next immunization round of Hep B (the last dose). On his immunization record the doctor noted that there was insufficient time. Should I in that case just bring a new immunization record with me to the interview or should I contact the doctor that conducted our medical exam and have her update his medical exam?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello Sm1smom,

I did submit a request to the Ombudsman. 1- I wanted to know if I can also simultaneously submit a request to a congressman? 2- And what else can I also do?
Thank you

Hi @Sm1smom + @Britsimon

Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge. Keen to get your thoughts on my family's AOS situation:

I am OC (2018) #14XX, husband and I are already living in the US on an E3 visa (non-immigrant visa). My CN is in the very low 1400s so it looks like I'll scrape through in the final visa bulletin. The August OC cap is 1400.

1 - Have you heard of any AOS cases in NYC that can get processed in a month by constantly asking field officers to expedite the case?
2 - I will have to leave the US to see my terminally ill father in Aus before Sep 30. Is there any way to speak to a field officer before submitting a Ds260 to that I can get an AP to re-enter the US? I already have a letter from my father's surgeon stating the urgency of his health condition.
3- Is it better to contact a field officer first or local ombudsman for help? Just saw a recent reply from @Sm1smom saying: "trying to put pressure on your FO from different sources at the same time is a bad idea."

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
It doesn’t even make sense because a VB released in August would only have the October numbers anyway, not the November ones. Anyway it’s done but certainly unfortunate that it’s causing extra stress and possibly extra cost for him.
You are totally right. But all people are not aware of this process and that is what happened to me. Any ways, it has happened and blaming myself is pointless.
I am gonna do the best action that I can in this situation. First, I will go an infopass next Monday, I will ask them if they can request FBI name expedition, Second I will contact with Ombudsman. I will ask the FO if there is a possibility to make the interview before my medical get expired.
Please give me your recommendations guys, I really need them now.
Thank you

You need to provide more information regarding your wife before I can answer any of your questions. Precisely what do you mean by your ‘wife will be a bit delayed’? Where is your wife? What is her current status? Is she outside the US? If yes, how long as she been out and what was/is the plan regarding her return? Is either of you from Iran/Afghanistan or one of the countries on the travel ban list?
We are from Sri Lanka. She is on F2 visa and coming back on F2. She went to Sri Lanka two weeks ago and will have to delay coming back couple of weeks due to a family emergency.

Hello Mom!

Currently i'm waiting for my biometrics letter in the mail and I had a few quick questions.
1. Since my son is 2 and under the age of 13 does he not have to go to the biometrics appointment at all or will he still have to go and take a picture with me?
2. What questions should I ask the FO when I go to my biometrics appointment? I know this was talked about in the forum, but I can't seem to find the post so maybe someone can link the post number?
3. Should I ask the FO if they can expedite my case? Since its getting close to end?
4. If I end up getting an interview after August 23 my son will be due for his next immunization round of Hep B (the last dose). On his immunization record the doctor noted that there was insufficient time. Should I in that case just bring a new immunization record with me to the interview or should I contact the doctor that conducted our medical exam and have her update his medical exam?

Thanks in advance! :)

1. Yes he has to attend the bio appointment in order for his picture and thumbprints to get captured.
2. Any question that comes to your mind regarding your case, no guarantee they will have a response especially if bio is taking place at an ASC, and not the actual FO.
3. No harm in requesting an expedite, they’re not obligated to approve the request.
4. The doctor’s comment on the form is already sufficient. Information at the time of the medical exam is what they will focus on.