• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy new year family friends/forum mates!!

I am from Eldoret Kenya and my interview was scheduled for 7th January 2014. I left on Monday, 6th January for Nairobi because night traveling has been banned in Kenya, and would have been the most convenient for me.

0400hrs: My alarms rings and I wake up (did not dream that night surprisingly).
0500hrs: I get to the bus stop I didn't want my brother dropping me coz i had 'hardened' after medicals at IOM.
0530hrs: I am at Odeon and enter matatu route 107
0620hrs: At American Embassy gate and already the line is long. I expected this. One of the forum members had stressed on time.

I left my watch and phone at the second security check and lost track of time. I cared less because I knew I had made it on time. I was directed to the main hall where I was given a number and told to wait outside. I froze like many of the members who had been there before. Like I said before I was prepared for all these coz I have read it before.

Everything was going on well until I was called to Window 6. The African lady inside wanted to verify my documents before I met the CO. I had made a made a terrible mistake, I didn't have my high school leaving certificate. I guess I forgot it at a photocopying place back in Eldoret. I got confused because the lady told me that I was wasting her time. In my heart I knew I had wasted my chance in a foolish way. God softened the heart of the lady and as I was trying to look for the cert in my bag she dashed to the photocopying machine and made a copy with the one I had requested KNEC to forward. For those to meet the CO make sure KNEC forwards your cert.

The lady arrogantly told me to pay and after I paid she ordered me to sit down, but this time inside. People don't talk in there, I guess they are all tensed. My name was called to Window 8 and I called on God to guide me. The CO asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth.
CO: What is your name
ME: I said (and I was shaking)
CO: What did you do after high school?
ME: I said it all (even which I later remembered might not have been necessary)
CO: Do you have any kids?
ME: No
CO: Where will you stay in America?
ME: Minnesota
CO: Who is hosting you?
ME: A close family friend
CO: Call your family friend and inform him that you are going to America.
ME: Thank you (Confused and blashing coz she said it in high voice)
CO: Congratulations and welcome to America

She gave me two forms but my head wouldn't listen to what she was saying. I later learned that one form is instructions on how to register for DHL and the other is on the USCIS immigrant fee.

I wish to thank all forum members for their prayers. Family2133 and Dannyden God is always faithful and will satisfy the desires of your hearts coz His timing is the best. Congratulations for all those who have received theirs and those going for medicals and interview I wish you well.

Best regards,
C.N: 2014AF00018xxx
Entry Checked: 16th May 2013
Forms sent to KCC: 12th june 2013
2 NL: received
Medicals: done
Police : done
Interview: 7th January 2014
Visa: Granted - God is Great!
P.O.E: Minnesota

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience with the group. All the best with the next steps

Its another wonderful Thursday...... Another 2014 Family Visa granted

On behalf of all 2014 forum mates and my fellow Ugandans, i join the rest to congratulate Brian Upon passing his interviews today 9th January, 2014 at the US Nairobi Embassy. Men we're so proud of you and thanks for representing us Ugandans and 2014 Family forum as well. Congrats brother..... we're looking forwards towards welcome you back home.

Happy new year family friends/forum mates!!

I am from Eldoret Kenya and my interview was scheduled for 7th January 2014. I left on Monday, 6th January for Nairobi because night traveling has been banned in Kenya, and would have been the most convenient for me.

0400hrs: My alarms rings and I wake up (did not dream that night surprisingly).
0500hrs: I get to the bus stop I didn't want my brother dropping me coz i had 'hardened' after medicals at IOM.
0530hrs: I am at Odeon and enter matatu route 107
0620hrs: At American Embassy gate and already the line is long. I expected this. One of the forum members had stressed on time.

I left my watch and phone at the second security check and lost track of time. I cared less because I knew I had made it on time. I was directed to the main hall where I was given a number and told to wait outside. I froze like many of the members who had been there before. Like I said before I was prepared for all these coz I have read it before.

Everything was going on well until I was called to Window 6. The African lady inside wanted to verify my documents before I met the CO. I had made a made a terrible mistake, I didn't have my high school leaving certificate. I guess I forgot it at a photocopying place back in Eldoret. I got confused because the lady told me that I was wasting her time. In my heart I knew I had wasted my chance in a foolish way. God softened the heart of the lady and as I was trying to look for the cert in my bag she dashed to the photocopying machine and made a copy with the one I had requested KNEC to forward. For those to meet the CO make sure KNEC forwards your cert.

The lady arrogantly told me to pay and after I paid she ordered me to sit down, but this time inside. People don't talk in there, I guess they are all tensed. My name was called to Window 8 and I called on God to guide me. The CO asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth.
CO: What is your name
ME: I said (and I was shaking)
CO: What did you do after high school?
ME: I said it all (even which I later remembered might not have been necessary)
CO: Do you have any kids?
ME: No
CO: Where will you stay in America?
ME: Minnesota
CO: Who is hosting you?
ME: A close family friend
CO: Call your family friend and inform him that you are going to America.
ME: Thank you (Confused and blashing coz she said it in high voice)
CO: Congratulations and welcome to America

She gave me two forms but my head wouldn't listen to what she was saying. I later learned that one form is instructions on how to register for DHL and the other is on the USCIS immigrant fee.

I wish to thank all forum members for their prayers. Family2133 and Dannyden God is always faithful and will satisfy the desires of your hearts coz His timing is the best. Congratulations for all those who have received theirs and those going for medicals and interview I wish you well.

Best regards,
C.N: 2014AF00018xxx
Entry Checked: 16th May 2013
Forms sent to KCC: 12th june 2013
2 NL: received
Medicals: done
Police : done
Interview: 7th January 2014
Visa: Granted - God is Great!
P.O.E: Minnesota

Congratulations Jimko,All the best in your new life

UPDATES FROM THE SPREADSHEET

(a) Interviews already done
NameCountryInterview outcomeA.P StartA.P EndA.P Duration
1.Danny DenBurundiAdministrative processing........4/10/2013Loading...99 Days
2.Family2133UgandaAdministrative processing........21/11/2013Loading...51 Days
3.GodiaKenyaVisa grantedN/AN/AN/A
4.4TuryaUgandaVisa GrantedN/AN/AN/A
5.FeyisayoNigeriaVisa GrantedN/AN/AN/A
6.Guy RayKenyaVisa GrantedN/AN/AN/A
7.NairobaKenyaVisa GrantedN/AN/AN/A
8.GhanamanGhanaVisa GrantedN/AN/AN/A
9.OlelenkuKenyaVisa GrantedN/AN/AN/A
10.JimkoKenyaVisa GrantedN/AN/AN/A
11.GittaUgandaVisa GrantedN/AN/AN/A
[TR]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(b)The following have confirmed their interview months from 2nd Notification letters
1.Azmera from Ethiopia, Jan 2014
2.Beth02 from Kenya, Jan 2014
3.Partitas from Kenya, Jan 2014
4.Samolaniyi from Nigeria, Feb 2014
5. Ooadeniyi from Nigeria, Feb 2014
6. Kinski from Rwanda, Feb 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
UP DATE ON A.P
At exactly 51 days into the A.P guy, my status update on the CEAC website has changed to today's date and I have also received a mail from the embassy instructing me to send a copy of UNEB O-Level certificate thru DHL. LORD God of mercy!

UP DATE ON A.P
At exactly 51 days into the A.P guy, my status update on the CEAC website has changed to today's date and I have also received a mail from the embassy instructing me to send a copy of UNEB O-Level certificate thru DHL. LORD God of mercy!

So they are working on your case - that is good to know!

UP DATE ON A.P

Bro thats good news I believe that the good Lord will see u thrru....keep us posted I got less that two weeks left.

UP DATE ON A.P

Good news...the outcome will be positive my friend...it is all good

A Friend needs help

What to do if that plastic green card has been sent to a previous address where one used to live, who in this case has shifted to another address...
Technically the green card is kinda undelivered or lost.

What to do if that plastic green card has been sent to a previous address where one used to live, who in this case has shifted to another address...
Technically the green card is kinda undelivered or lost.

Your friend should contact USCIS immediately. If the GC was not delivered as a result of a change in address, USCIS will resend it to the LPR's new address. However, if the GC was delivered and it got lost (because your friend relocated), he/she will be required to apply for a new GC. The cost of replacing a GC because it got lost, stolen or damaged is $450, and it could take anywhere between 3 to 9 months for a new card to be issued.

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/replace-green-card:

In order to request for a replacement GC, an I-90 must be filed, but your friend should contact USCIS first in this case:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-90

In general, all GC holders are required to inform USCIS of a change in address everytime they move, within 10 days of the move. So if your friend has not informed USCIS of his/her new address (different from what they have on file for him/her), this should be done pronto!

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/change-address-information

Your friend should contact USCIS immediately. If the GC was not delivered as a result of a change in address, USCIS will resend it to the LPR's new address. However, if the GC was delivered and it got lost (because your friend relocated), he/she will be required to apply for a new GC. The cost of replacing a GC because it got lost, stolen or damaged is $450, and it could take anywhere between 3 to 9 months for a new card to be issued.

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/replace-green-card:

In order to request for a replacement GC, an I-90 must be filed, but your friend should contact USCIS first in this case:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-90

In general, all GC holders are required to inform USCIS of a change in address everytime they move, within 10 days of the move. So if your friend has not informed USCIS of his/her new address (different from what they have on file for him/her), this should be done pronto!

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/change-address-information

Thanks Sm1 smom. Have a good day

UP DATE ON A.P

I am happy to hear this Family2133!!! Guys, let's keep praying for Family2133! Ours prayers are not in vain; believe me!

Status
Not open for further replies.