• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I gather, it is the status on the Principal applicant that is of significance. Once the visa has been issued, the status' should change from 'READY' to 'ISSUED'. Remember these visa's can only be issued once the Principal applicant's AP has been successful completed.

I hope this helps

Well said jonge,there was such a situation in Gabams AP thread though I don't remember exactly which page.

Congs Jimko. Happy for you.
I must say that God is Great. I went for the interview today morning n i was granted a visa. I will give details as soon as i settle. I have never updated anything in this forum but i have learnt alot. God bless you all.

Hello Guy-ray. Thanks a lot for this very vital infor. I left a private message for you. God bless
Hello...you will be given a form to declare everything you're carrying by the air-hostesses/hosts and then when you get to the airport...you'll have to queue so you may get cleared and that your luggage are checked and scanned...it's not something so worry about...I boarded Qatar which was the most affordable at the time...everything went well from Nrb to Doha but the was a lil hiccup and I stayed at JFK for an extension of two hours because of a snow storm but otherwise I really thank the Almighty God coz all went well. Once you got the visa the rest will be just to confirm you're not entering the country illegally or carrying contraband and other harmful items so be happy and thank the Almighty God coz all will be well...

2014AF00015xxx
1st NL: 20th May
Sent forms: 25th May
Confirmation of receipt by KCC: 10th June
Police clearance: 13th Sept
Medicals: 19th and 20th Nov, successful.
Visa interview: 9th Dec. Thanks to GOD, granted.
Visa pick up:16th Dec at DHL HQ
POE: JFK NY on the 17 th Dec at 2pm b4 proceeding to Denver, CO..
SSN:23rd Dec
GC:

The Almighty God is always merciful and just...he does not fear nor favor anyone but accepts us all regardless of our race, creed, ethnicity and the amount of sin we've committed...we're all his children...so pray and always be faithful to him because he has done miracles to those who call on his name....

Happy New Year EFamily!!!

Hi guys been missing in action but as you know its a brand new year and the hustle just begun...went to IOM on Monday to sort ticket issue and also tried to compare flights to the States the fares are on the higher side coz its still high season...IOM gave me a good deal British Airways on the 22nd of Jan one way to Philly will cost me 75K and as the year continues to move its gonna be cheaper according to the dude I found there...So Godwilling I will be checking out come that date and wanna take this opportunity once again to thank you all for the ideas, motivations and encouragements that we all shared.
If it wasn't for the forum I wouldn't have known about the IOM ticketing and stuff...will always be part and parcel of this wonderful forum and I promise to always update u guys on my progress as we continue to push the dream....Family and Dannyden yu are always on my prayers and thoughts...Akello, Partitas, Jorj, Nickely, Nairobba and all of you that I haven't mentioned thanks and keep the flame burning and to the new members welcome aboard and by the end of it all you will never regret knowing this wonderful site and family. May God continue to bless you all and for those going for the interviews all the best of luck the ones waiting....patience is the key my bros

Regards,
Me!!

My Experience at US Embassy

Happy new year family friends/forum mates!!

I am from Eldoret Kenya and my interview was scheduled for 7th January 2014. I left on Monday, 6th January for Nairobi because night traveling has been banned in Kenya, and would have been the most convenient for me.

0400hrs: My alarms rings and I wake up (did not dream that night surprisingly).
0500hrs: I get to the bus stop I didn't want my brother dropping me coz i had 'hardened' after medicals at IOM.
0530hrs: I am at Odeon and enter matatu route 107
0620hrs: At American Embassy gate and already the line is long. I expected this. One of the forum members had stressed on time.

I left my watch and phone at the second security check and lost track of time. I cared less because I knew I had made it on time. I was directed to the main hall where I was given a number and told to wait outside. I froze like many of the members who had been there before. Like I said before I was prepared for all these coz I have read it before.

Everything was going on well until I was called to Window 6. The African lady inside wanted to verify my documents before I met the CO. I had made a made a terrible mistake, I didn't have my high school leaving certificate. I guess I forgot it at a photocopying place back in Eldoret. I got confused because the lady told me that I was wasting her time. In my heart I knew I had wasted my chance in a foolish way. God softened the heart of the lady and as I was trying to look for the cert in my bag she dashed to the photocopying machine and made a copy with the one I had requested KNEC to forward. For those to meet the CO make sure KNEC forwards your cert.

The lady arrogantly told me to pay and after I paid she ordered me to sit down, but this time inside. People don't talk in there, I guess they are all tensed. My name was called to Window 8 and I called on God to guide me. The CO asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth.
CO: What is your name
ME: I said (and I was shaking)
CO: What did you do after high school?
ME: I said it all (even which I later remembered might not have been necessary)
CO: Do you have any kids?
ME: No
CO: Where will you stay in America?
ME: Minnesota
CO: Who is hosting you?
ME: A close family friend
CO: Call your family friend and inform him that you are going to America.
ME: Thank you (Confused and blashing coz she said it in high voice)
CO: Congratulations and welcome to America

She gave me two forms but my head wouldn't listen to what she was saying. I later learned that one form is instructions on how to register for DHL and the other is on the USCIS immigrant fee.

I wish to thank all forum members for their prayers. Family2133 and Dannyden God is always faithful and will satisfy the desires of your hearts coz His timing is the best. Congratulations for all those who have received theirs and those going for medicals and interview I wish you well.

Best regards,
C.N: 2014AF00018xxx
Entry Checked: 16th May 2013
Forms sent to KCC: 12th june 2013
2 NL: received
Medicals: done
Police : done
Interview: 7th January 2014
Visa: Granted - God is Great!
P.O.E: Minnesota

I am from Eldoret Kenya and my interview was scheduled for 7th January 2014. I left on Monday, 6th January for Nairobi because night traveling has been banned in Kenya, and would have been the most convenient for me.

0500hrs: I get to the bus stop I didn't want my brother dropping me coz i had 'hardened' after medicals at IOM.
0620hrs: At American Embassy gate and already the line is long. I expected this. One of the forum members had stressed on time.

I left my watch and phone at the second security check and lost track of time. I cared less because I knew I had made it on time. I was directed to the main hall where I was given a number and told to wait outside. I froze like many of the members who had been there before. Like I said before I was prepared for all these coz I have read it before.

Everything was going on well until I was called to Window 6. The African lady inside wanted to verify my documents before I met the CO. I had made a made a terrible mistake, I didn't have my high school leaving certificate. I guess I forgot it at a photocopying place back in Eldoret. I got confused because the lady told me that I was wasting her time. In my heart I knew I had wasted my chance in a foolish way. God softened the heart of the lady and as I was trying to look for the cert in my bag she dashed to the photocopying machine and made a copy with the one I had requested KNEC to forward. For those to meet the CO make sure KNEC forwards your cert.

The lady arrogantly told me to pay and after I paid she ordered me to sit down, but this time inside. People don't talk in there, I guess they are all tensed. My name was called to Window 8 and I called on God to guide me. The CO asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth.

She gave me two forms but my head wouldn't listen to what she was saying. I later learned that one form is instructions on how to register for DHL and the other is on the USCIS immigrant fee.

I wish to thank all forum members for their prayers. Family2133 and Dannyden God is always faithful and will satisfy the desires of your hearts coz His timing is the best. Congratulations for all those who have received theirs and those going for medicals and interview I wish you well.

Best regards,
congrats jimko!haha!after hardening ,the lady made you soft and shaky lol!did you forget to carry your kcse cert or your school leaving cert?may God be with as you prepare to relocate !

Hi guys been missing in action but as you know its a brand new year and the hustle just begun...went to IOM on Monday to sort ticket issue and also tried to compare flights to the States the fares are on the higher side coz its still high season...IOM gave me a good deal British Airways on the 22nd of Jan one way to Philly will cost me 75K and as the year continues to move its gonna be cheaper according to the dude I found there...So Godwilling I will be checking out come that date and wanna take this opportunity once again to thank you all for the ideas, motivations and encouragements that we all shared.
If it wasn't for the forum I wouldn't have known about the IOM ticketing and stuff...will always be part and parcel of this wonderful forum and I promise to always update u guys on my progress as we continue to push the dream....Family and Dannyden yu are always on my prayers and thoughts...Akello, Partitas, Jorj, Nickely, Nairobba and all of you that I haven't mentioned thanks and keep the flame burning and to the new members welcome aboard and by the end of it all you will never regret knowing this wonderful site and family. May God continue to bless you all and for those going for the interviews all the best of luck the ones waiting....patience is the key my bros

Regards,
Me!!
I saw you at IOM on Monday !# just kidding!!thank you for the wishes pal!!the best awaits you in the US in Jesus name!!

Hi friends:I completed my medicals yesterday successfully ,I had for 3rd jan and when we got there we found that our names were not in the list but lucky enough I show the security the email on my phone and they let us in.we did the necessary on that Friday but they said that on Monday they were fully booked and so they would only read the TB results on Monday then do the rest on Tuesday ,we decided to be nice though it was their mistake and so we did not complain.yesterday was the best because everything came out negative and non of us was told to strip off their clothes lol!mhh but with those jabs damn the pain still fresh plus my poor baby girls!!thank you all for your prayers and advice esp Beth 02 and family 2133!God bless!

Hi friends:I completed my medicals yesterday successfully ,I had for 3rd jan and when we got there we found that our names were not in the list but lucky enough I show the security the email on my phone and they let us in.we did the necessary on that Friday but they said that on Monday they were fully booked and so they would only read the TB results on Monday then do the rest on Tuesday ,we decided to be nice though it was their mistake and so we did not complain.yesterday was the best because everything came out negative and non of us was told to strip off their clothes lol!mhh but with those jabs damn the pain still fresh plus my poor baby girls!!thank you all for your prayers and advice esp Beth 02 and family 2133!God bless!

Congratulations...one stage done...another to go and you will sail through it as well.

Congratulation dada, God is great

Congrats

Surely the Lord was with you...If only the lady had said NO you can't go on....to meet the CO. Thank God you had done the KNEC thing...This is a testimony when God says YES No man can say NO!! God bless your relocation and new life...cheers all the best buddy.

Best regards,

Congrats!! on the medicals pole for the pain, makes me have butterflies...already. May the lord be with you and the family as you face the CO... we look forward to celebrating your victory...the champagne is already in the cooler...cheers

Regards,
Me!!
Thanks Godia for the prayers, we are waiting , Am sure God knows what He is doing. I replied to your private msg though it was late, I don't know whether you saw it. Did IOM refund you, if they did not, then they should give you a free air ticket as a penalty to them ...Joking. Otherwise, I wish you nice travel brother, let us keep in touch.

Best regards,
Congs once again Jimko, If you are from Eldoret, contact Godia, he also comes from there, then you can share ideas about relocation procedures. Thanks for the encouragement, we are waiting for God's timing and my self I am sure that He knows what He is doing. I wish you nice relocation preparations.

You are welcome Partitas, its a pleasure to advice and pray for some one and in the end we get to see things working out, it sounds so good. May the Lord bless you more at the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.