• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll post my experience a little later. I didn't get the visa because I need an additional doc. Now I'm trying to get it and if I don't oohhh my dream will be over. Be strong guys and be blessed.

dont worry dannyden,you are only on AP,and that is better than outright denial,get the needed document and you are good to go.Best of luck.

however, what kind of document are they requesting for?please tell us so that others can get it if they dont have it b4 their interview.
The purpose of interview experience is for others to learn from.
Be hopeful the visa is still yours.

I woke up early, at 6.45 I was already in metro to the embassy.
7.25 a lot of people were there, about sixty outside others were in the house of house. i went in by showing passport, invitation to the interview and delivery paper. first check very quickly because i didn't take any electronics with me only the phone that i gave to the lady before second check (every thing checked and belt removed). then i went to get baricode on delivery paper, going upstairs in immigration waiting hall. lady in window num1 is calling by name to get a paper for visa fee paying. there were only one young couple, a couple with a child and me for dv2014. paid i came to window num 3 to a lady who asked me if i speak russian to give all papers (originals, copies and translations) in return she gave me my passport and a small paper, time for fingers print.

two consuls one is a woman. she took a long look in my docs and i began to understand that something is missing or wrong. here she called me and asked to swear what i did with a wright hand up.
co: are u a native of .......
me: bla bla bla
co: when did u come to moscow
co: why did you choose Russia
co: what do u do now
co: have u been to US
me: never
co;why do you want to go to sates
co: what are u going to do in states
me :bla bla bla
co: she take a pause, she looked and looked to my bank statement and ....... do you understand, it's not enough to help you in first time. pause. i can't refuse you but i need you to bring an additional financial support.
me: okay
(it was like someone is killing me)
she gave a white paper with mention additional financial support.
was about to leave and then i remembered she didn't give the passport and came back for it and i asked her some questions.
she was very good and gave answers without problems. I don't know how to call it, maybe an AP?

I don't have no one in states, the only thing i can do is to get a job offer, so all your advises or help are welcome.

the eDV names are different from the birth cert,kcse cert,and pop by an excluded surname..so thinking of changing name change to be safe..on pp not yet received 2NL..

So basically, you do not have any official document showing your name as used in the eDV application, correct? IMO, you will need more than an affidavit to prevent the CO from doubting you or casting suspicion on your selection. To start with, the eDV instructions was to enter your name on the application as shown on your passport. Admittedly, some people do not have their passport as at the time of the application. For such people, the name used is supposed to match whatever is written on the birth certificate, unless the applicant has undergone an official change in name by virtue or marriage or for some other personal reason, in which case a marriage certificate or an official certificate with the new name will be used to verify their identity.

So the bottom line is since none of your documents currently show your name as used on the eDV application, do whatever you can to change your passport, get the passport re-issued to reflect the name used for the eDV. Then further swear an affidavit indicating that the names on the other documents are yours also.

You haven't received a 2NL because KCC is yet to process your forms as they were sent in late. Forms are processed based on when received, they need to deal with the backlog of forms received before yours (even though they may have higher CNs and will not get scheduled for interviews for a while) before they process yours and schedule you for an interview. You will be getting the 2NL later on, you just may not be interviewed in November even if your CN is current for that month.

the eDV names are different from the birth cert,kcse cert,and pop by an excluded surname..so thinking of changing name change to be safe..on pp not yet received 2NL..

Hello Olelenku please update your signature so we can help you better. Also fill in your details in our Excel sheet so we can have a status overview of each one

GC and PP names

So basically, you do not have any official document showing your name as used in the eDV application, correct? IMO, you will need more than an affidavit to prevent the CO from doubting you or casting suspicion on your selection. To start with, the eDV instructions was to enter your name on the application as shown on your passport. Admittedly, some people do not have their passport as at the time of the application. For such people, the name used is supposed to match whatever is written on the birth certificate, unless the applicant has undergone an official change in name by virtue or marriage or for some other personal reason, in which case a marriage certificate or an official certificate with the new name will be used to verify their identity.

So the bottom line is since none of your documents currently show your name as used on the eDV application, do whatever you can to change your passport, get the passport re-issued to reflect the name used for the eDV. Then further swear an affidavit indicating that the names on the other documents are yours also.

You haven't received a 2NL because KCC is yet to process your forms as they were sent in late. Forms are processed based on when received, they need to deal with the backlog of forms received before yours (even though they may have higher CNs and will not get scheduled for interviews for a while) before they process yours and schedule you for an interview. You will be getting the 2NL later on, you just may not be interviewed in November even if your CN is current for that month.

Thanks a lot Sm1smom...you great...started process of a new PP with eDV names...u know u cant tell if you will win..so some of these issues you take for granted..thanks a lot..lets see how it goes..sorry for Danny..thot read somewhere that financial support not required to prove since the criteria of education or work ..qualification is the threshold?all the best..

7.25 a lot of people were there, about sixty outside others were in the house of house. i went in by showing passport, invitation to the interview and delivery paper. first check very quickly because i didn't take any electronics with me only the phone that i gave to the lady before second check (every thing checked and belt removed). then i went to get baricode on delivery paper, going upstairs in immigration waiting hall. lady in window num1 is calling by name to get a paper for visa fee paying. there were only one young couple, a couple with a child and me for dv2014. paid i came to window num 3 to a lady who asked me if i speak russian to give all papers (originals, copies and translations) in return she gave me my passport and a small paper, time for fingers print.

two consuls one is a woman. she took a long look in my docs and i began to understand that something is missing or wrong. here she called me and asked to swear what i did with a wright hand up.
co: she take a pause, she looked and looked to my bank statement and ....... do you understand, it's not enough to help you in first time. pause. i can't refuse you but i need you to bring an additional financial support.
was about to leave and then i remembered she didn't give the passport and came back for it and i asked her some questions.
she was very good and gave answers without problems. I don't know how to call it, maybe an AP?

I don't have no one in states, the only thing i can do is to get a job offer, so all your advises or help are welcome.
yes bro thanks a lot for the post if i may ask did you have a letter from your host or an AOS? i think that would be better than going with a bank statement anyway brother danny do not despair the visa is yours still !whats the enough amount that is ok with them?thanks alot you are in my/our prayers

I'll post my experience a little later. I didn't get the visa because I need an additional doc. Now I'm trying to get it and if I don't oohhh my dream will be over. Be strong guys and be blessed.
get that document soonest you are really in our prayers!the visa is still yours!

Hello KaiaUG,

yes you can have your medicals a month before the interview. Once you have received your 2NL, you can get in touch with IOM and arrange for the interview.

Ah, thanks JONGE; I can now plan with that in mind.
Cool!

yes bro thanks a lot for the post if i may ask did you have a letter from your host or an AOS? i think that would be better than going with a bank statement anyway brother danny do not despair the visa is yours still !whats the enough amount that is ok with them?thanks alot you are in my/our prayers

Hey guys, I am wondering why Danny was requested to get a financial statement. Is this normal? Is it something that we should also expect? Just wondering....
Danny, just take heart. If the visa is yours, then no one can take it away from you! Take heart as you look for the document.

I am beginning to think that going to Nairobi twice could be cheaper and more convinient, especially to someone who might be able to host us. My family has 2 adults and 2 children; all below the age of 7. But tell me something guys, is it possible to do the medicals anytime after the 2NL? Can I, for example, do my medicals a month before my interview? I am thinking that if the 2 trips to Nairobi are about a month apart, or at least 2 weeks apart, we may not feel the strain of travelling. We only hope that we can get someone from Kenya to host us for a few days during the medicals and a few days when we return for the interview.
Thanks for the help, am always grateful.
We wish all our brothers and sisters whose interviews are in October luck and more luck.
Yes you can do the medicals any time after the second NL is received but also depending on whether IOM has scheduled you for the day that you have proposed to them. My medicals will be one month away from the interviews. If you have kids then you will you will need 2-3 days to wait for the TB skin test results. Here is my plan
Day 1, leave kla in the evening, around 6pm, reach Nrbi in the morning around six, go to the hotel and book a room then proceed to IOM. Adults do their medicals for day one and Kids get TB skin test.
Day 2, Adults do their medicals for day two as we wait for 48 hour(Note in the letter confirming my medical schedule, IOM stated that the TB skin test results will be read after 48 hrs not the usual 72 hrs) to pass so that the skin test results could be read
Day 3, Go back to IOM to read the kids TB skin test results, if it turns out to be good, we then leave Nrbi in the evening and reach kla the following day in the morning.
Maximum number of days in Nrbi will be 2.5 days and 2 nights, I don't think that this is too bad, I just pray that it goes as planned.

Yes you can do the medicals any time after the second NL is received but also depending on whether IOM has scheduled you for the day that you have proposed to them. My medicals will be one month away from the interviews. If you have kids then you will you will need 2-3 days to wait for the TB skin test results. Here is my plan
Day 1, leave kla in the evening, around 6pm, reach Nrbi in the morning around six, go to the hotel and book a room then proceed to IOM. Adults do their medicals for day one and Kids get TB skin test.
Day 2, Adults do their medicals for day two as we wait for 48 hour(Note in the letter confirming my medical schedule, IOM stated that the TB skin test results will be read after 48 hrs not the usual 72 hrs) to pass so that the skin test results could be read
Day 3, Go back to IOM to read the kids TB skin test results, if it turns out to be good, we then leave Nrbi in the evening and reach kla the following day in the morning.
Maximum number of days in Nrbi will be 2.5 days and 2 nights, I don't think that this is too bad, I just pray that it goes as planned.

This looks a good plan! I think i can also borrow the idea from you, if you dont mind :D
Maybe when you return, you could share your experience regarding the whole trip, so that we decide on taking that up or not. Hope that's OK. Have you zeroed on any hotel? If so, which one is that?

Is it true that Vaccinations are only carried out on Thursdays?

All the best of the best DV2014
Clear photo is very essential and make sure you follow the photo instructions
Before you send your info to the KCC make sure every detail is as its supposed to be. I mean original; Names, Date of birth e.t.c
Make sure no typos.................No hurry...........be slow and sure.
If possible when you're done b4 sending your application, make sure you Print the screen via PrintScr key on your comp and mayb save coz this is unprintable version doc.
IMPORTANT: Confirmation #.......Make sure its alwayz on a save place. You can even save it on your emailbox.

Contact the person whom you put as your host to give you a letter committing him self to sponsor you until you get a job OR get proof of some of your assets which can be sold off once you get the visa OR get a relative who can give you a supplemental bank statement. I think getting a genuine job offer may delay you and if you try to fake one and they get you , that will be an automatic denial whereas right now the visa is yours considering that you were given a white paper.
So for other guys, heads up, much as an AOS is not requirement but it can save you from a burden of getting a sounding financial statement. Its true that some pple don't even get asked about financial support but we should be prepared in every corner bcs anything can happen. Danny don't worry so far you are doing good, atleast its not an issue of medical, country of eligibility, Fraud, or educational ineligibility.

Is it true that Vaccinations are only carried out on Thursdays?
That is not true, normally they are done on the second day of the medical examination. However if you have kids 2 to 15 years of age, they will need to take TB skin tests and these are administered on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Reading the results is as below
Wednesday if administered on Monday
Thursday if administered on Tuesday
Friday if administered on Wednesday
Monday if administered on Friday
So if you have kids in that age bracket, do not schedule medicals for a Thursday

Hello mates i have some news from a pal of DV 2013, its about this hot potato called kcse .if you are a Kenyan and you got a C minus plus a diploma of two years then you are good to go !another piece of information our brothers from Mombasa there is an IOM office in Mombasa was advised to my medical here cause am also from Mombasa ,winners make sure your host is a dependable one to avoid last minute disappointments !cheers and remember God loves you thanks for your useful information DEAR my God bless you more.

The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself

OK it isn't a refusal, so that is good. However, as has been said hundreds and thousands of times here you need to satisfy the CO that you will not become a public charge. So - showing a bank statement with less than the amount we quote ($10k per adult) means that you have to show something else.

A job offer isn't a realistic goal. You say you don't have anyone there to give you an affadavit of support. so then it is up to you to gather the proof of the required financial level needed - and I would guess you may now need to exceed the $10k to make them "comfortable".

So - firstly, how short were you on the statement?
What other assets do you have? Car, savings, jewellry? You might need to sell all those things to get cash.
How about family or friends - anyone willing to give you cash?

So - let's say you can get the required amount. What is your plan to live in the USA - how will you avoid starving - are you skilled in some way? Have a think about this point - you can't just go over there with a few hundred bucks in your pocket and expect a happy outcome....

Hey guys, I am wondering why Danny was requested to get a financial statement. Is this normal? Is it something that we should also expect? Just wondering....
Danny, just take heart. If the visa is yours, then no one can take it away from you! Take heart as you look for the document.

RED ALERT!

To be forewarn is to foreharm,please house if you can get affidavit of support or statement account before the interview,please get it because you never can tell what document some CO can ask from you.Do what you need to do now to avoid AP cos an AP is not an interesting experience.

Good luck those that will be having their interview tommorrow.

RED ALERT!

To be forewarn is to foreharm,please house if you can get affidavit of support or statement account before the interview,please get it because you never can tell what document some CO can ask from you.Do what you need to do now to avoid AP cos an AP is not an interesting experience.

Good luck those that will be having their interview tommorrow.

This really shouldn't be news. It has been pointed out often.

Contact the person whom you put as your host to give you a letter committing him self to sponsor you until you get a job OR get proof of some of your assets which can be sold off once you get the visa OR get a relative who can give you a supplemental bank statement. I think getting a genuine job offer may delay you and if you try to fake one and they get you , that will be an automatic denial whereas right now the visa is yours considering that you were given a white paper.
So for other guys, heads up, much as an AOS is not requirement but it can save you from a burden of getting a sounding financial statement. Its true that some pple don't even get asked about financial support but we should be prepared in every corner bcs anything can happen. Danny don't worry so far you are doing good, atleast its not an issue of medical, country of eligibility, Fraud, or educational ineligibility.

no I'm not trying to get a fake job offer, I understand what that means and thanks for ur advise. oooh I'm not worry, it's like I got it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.