• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK it isn't a refusal, so that is good. However, as has been said hundreds and thousands of times here you need to satisfy the CO that you will not become a public charge. So - showing a bank statement with less than the amount we quote ($10k per adult) means that you have to show something else.

A job offer isn't a realistic goal. You say you don't have anyone there to give you an affadavit of support. so then it is up to you to gather the proof of the required financial level needed - and I would guess you may now need to exceed the $10k to make them "comfortable".

So - firstly, how short were you on the statement?
What other assets do you have? Car, savings, jewellry? You might need to sell all those things to get cash.
How about family or friends - anyone willing to give you cash?

So - let's say you can get the required amount. What is your plan to live in the USA - how will you avoid starving - are you skilled in some way? Have a think about this point - you can't just go over there with a few hundred bucks in your pocket and expect a happy outcome....

thanks.
You're wright I didn't exceed the financial level. one else option left. she told told me I can go to my country and sell all my property to get much cash, my case will be sent to Nairobi: of cause I have to ask US consul in Kenya before I do anything.

Hey guys, I am wondering why Danny was requested to get a financial statement. Is this normal? Is it something that we should also expect? Just wondering....
Danny, just take heart. If the visa is yours, then no one can take it away from you! Take heart as you look for the document.

It's normal, so if you can get an affidavit or something from your host, get it. it avoid many questions.

Genesis 28;15
I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”peeps this is the good news the lord has promised us ,lets keep the faith and trust in the lord be blessed house of winners

KCSE GRADE and nightmare to Motivate 2014
When you get inside the consulate office to pick a number you are given two piece of papers. one to write your contacts and case number and the other to read as you wait and it has the following, infact when i get home i will scan it and attach to the forum for people to read. Last time i made some forum mates mad by discussing it and even when i post it here some asked me how i got it but today am here to say that the piece of paper was given to everyone who was in for dv lottery interview so read it and make your own decisions

DIVERSITY VISA NOTICE FOR PRINCIPAL APPLICANTS
Please review this paper carefully

To qualify for the Diversity visa, you must have graduated from secondary school and passed the KCSE with a minimum avarage score of C plain or its equivalent.

Below are the guidelines for educational requirements in Kenya

Diploma Courses

Admission to Diploma courses is based on any one of the following minimum qualification:
i) KCSE mean grade C.
ii) KCSE mean grade C- or equivalent plus a certificate.
iii) An 'O' level qualification with a minimum division III or equivalent
iv) An 'O' level qualification with a minimum of two subsidiary passes or equivalent.

Degree Programs
Admission to Bachelor's degree program is based on any one of the following minimum qualification
1.K.C.S.E. Mean grade c+ or equivalent.
2.K.C.S.E MEAN GRADE C- or equivalent plus a certificate and Diploma
3.O level Division II or equivalent plus a Diploma.
4.O level Division III or equivalent plus a certificate and diploma
5.O level division III or equivalent plus a 3 year diploma from a recognized post secondary institution for admission to bachelor of education
6.Diploma from recognized instituting and aggregate of C in K.C.S.E or equivalent
7.A level with two principles passes or equivalent in relevant subjects. Only applicants whose results are available at the time of application will be considered.
8.CPA II/CPS II/CIPS or equivalent for commerce and arts and should have attained an aggregate of c in K.C.S.E or O level division III
9.Higher National Diploma in relevant fields and should have attained an aggregate of C in K.C.S.E
10. P1 from a two year post secondary training institution for entry into Bachelor of Education with a minimum KCSE mean grade C or 'O' level Division III
11.Degree From a recognized University

For all the doubting Thomases the scanned document is down here!! i wish you SUCCESS and dont ever listen to negative people just follow your heart and trust GOD.

Get the scanned copy from the Consulate here
http://www.docdroid.net/28cq/kcseembassy.pdf.html
OR here
http://www.scribd.com/doc/127772927/...ement-in-Kenya

If you didn't pass in KSCE ensure you have a diploma or a degree or CPA

Genesis 28;15
I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”peeps this is the good news the lord has promised us ,lets keep the faith and trust in the lord be blessed house of winners
Please be there for guys in this forum as God has ordained you to encourage them, i handover to you the mantle all the best.:p

thanks.
You're wright I didn't exceed the financial level. one else option left. she told told me I can go to my country and sell all my property to get much cash, my case will be sent to Nairobi: of cause I have to ask US consul in Kenya before I do anything.

Dannyden, Just look for somebody who can do an 1-134 form for you and your good to go. Your host can go that 1 extra mile for you. It will override all those bank statements. If i were you, i would be in a hurry before the system starts getting complicated.

co: she take a pause, she looked and looked to my bank statement and ....... do you understand, it's not enough to help you in first time. pause. i can't refuse you but i need you to bring an additional financial support.
me: okay
(it was like someone is killing me)
she gave a white paper with mention additional financial support.
an AP?

I don't have no one in states, the only thing i can do is to get a job offer, so all your advises or help are welcome.
If you don't have a host,its mandatory to have an affidavit of support coz life abroad is expensive and getting a job it will take time.

Please be there for guys in this forum as God has ordained you to encourage them, i handover to you the mantle all the best.:p
Thanks a lot nickelly , i hope you will be with us through our 2014 journey GOD BLESS YOU DEAR ,you are also free to post any encouragement for our members .I really appreciated your advice it was really rich with wisdom and knowledge,remember GOD loves you

RED ALERT!

To be forewarn is to foreharm,please house if you can get affidavit of support or statement account before the interview,please get it because you never can tell what document some CO can ask from you.Do what you need to do now to avoid AP cos an AP is not an interesting experience.

Good luck those that will be having their interview tommorrow.

samolaniyi,

financial statements of affidavits of support are standard documents one should carry when going for the interview. This said, some embassies don't request for them. For example I have been following the interviews on the DV 2013 Kenya thread and many of the interviewees don't mention being asked for them. Personally I would encourage each one to think about how they intend to survive once they get to US. As you might also have read from the DV2013 Kenya thread, some hosts have let members down in a number of ways. So we all need to have a plan B including a plan B on how we intend to survive in the first couple of months as you settle down with or with-out a host.
Personally I wouldn't suggest you selling of any fixed assets at the moment (just to raise the money to relocate) until you have settled and certain of a way forward. The problem with having liquid cash is that it is very volatile...One thing I am not sure though is if the CO can accept title-deeds as proof of financial stability. Although this might also mean you get them certified as well...
Relocation is indeed an expensive venture and one has to make well informed and calculate decision before venturing into such a scheme.

KCSE GRADE and nightmare to Motivate 2014
When you get inside the consulate office to pick a number you are given two piece of papers. one to write your contacts and case number and the other to read as you wait and it has the following, infact when i get home i will scan it and attach to the forum for people to read. Last time i made some forum mates mad by discussing it and even when i post it here some asked me how i got it but today am here to say that the piece of paper was given to everyone who was in for dv lottery interview so read it and make your own decisions

DIVERSITY VISA NOTICE FOR PRINCIPAL APPLICANTS
Please review this paper carefully

To qualify for the Diversity visa, you must have graduated from secondary school and passed the KCSE with a minimum avarage score of C plain or its equivalent.

Below are the guidelines for educational requirements in Kenya

Diploma Courses

Admission to Diploma courses is based on any one of the following minimum qualification:
i) KCSE mean grade C.
ii) KCSE mean grade C- or equivalent plus a certificate.
iii) An 'O' level qualification with a minimum division III or equivalent
iv) An 'O' level qualification with a minimum of two subsidiary passes or equivalent.

Degree Programs
Admission to Bachelor's degree program is based on any one of the following minimum qualification
1.K.C.S.E. Mean grade c+ or equivalent.
2.K.C.S.E MEAN GRADE C- or equivalent plus a certificate and Diploma
3.O level Division II or equivalent plus a Diploma.
4.O level Division III or equivalent plus a certificate and diploma
5.O level division III or equivalent plus a 3 year diploma from a recognized post secondary institution for admission to bachelor of education
6.Diploma from recognized instituting and aggregate of C in K.C.S.E or equivalent
7.A level with two principles passes or equivalent in relevant subjects. Only applicants whose results are available at the time of application will be considered.
8.CPA II/CPS II/CIPS or equivalent for commerce and arts and should have attained an aggregate of c in K.C.S.E or O level division III
9.Higher National Diploma in relevant fields and should have attained an aggregate of C in K.C.S.E
10. P1 from a two year post secondary training institution for entry into Bachelor of Education with a minimum KCSE mean grade C or 'O' level Division III
11.Degree From a recognized University

For all the doubting Thomases the scanned document is down here!! i wish you SUCCESS and dont ever listen to negative people just follow your heart and trust GOD.

Get the scanned copy from the Consulate here
http://www.docdroid.net/28cq/kcseembassy.pdf.html
OR here
http://www.scribd.com/doc/127772927/...ement-in-Kenya

If you didn't pass in KSCE ensure you have a diploma or a degree or CPA

Thanks Nickelly for sharing this. With this folks should be able to make more informed decisions as we pursue the visa.

All the best of the best DV2014
Clear photo is very essential and make sure you follow the photo instructions
Before you send your info to the KCC make sure every detail is as its supposed to be. I mean original; Names, Date of birth e.t.c
Make sure no typos.................No hurry...........be slow and sure.
If possible when you're done b4 sending your application, make sure you Print the screen via PrintScr key on your comp and mayb save coz this is unprintable version doc.
IMPORTANT: Confirmation #.......Make sure its alwayz on a save place. You can even save it on your emailbox.

Thanks Wankinmaster for these tips. Rather late though for me as I already sent the forms with errors and later discovered some of the errors and had to resend corrected versions.
For those who haven't sent their forms yet, do follow the above tips.

Genesis 28;15
Thanks Akelloh for the morning spiritual breakfast.

morning bro JONGE does that mean you have sent the forms twice? did you attach a note indicating that the second is the correctly filled. family thanks and you are welcomed

morning bro JONGE does that mean you have sent the forms twice? did you attach a note indicating that the second is the correctly filled. family thanks and you are welcomed

Morning Akelloh,

yes I did send the forms a second time with the corrections. I however didn't attach a note. I later discovered that I actually would have sent them by email explaining the changes.

Hi Guys..Hope u are all right..Jonge,Family,Jorj,..and the rest..been really helpful..just to throw one out..will this U.S.A. Govt shut down affect processing?Thanks Sum for the advice on GC and PP names..on top of it..then if someone could assist on the nearest P.O.E to kansas..or it does not matter?Hope you all get to continue being resourceful and great as you are ..!!!

Hi Guys..Hope u are all right..Jonge,Family,Jorj,..and the rest..been really helpful..just to throw one out..will this U.S.A. Govt shut down affect processing?Thanks Sum for the advice on GC and PP names..on top of it..then if someone could assist on the nearest P.O.E to kansas..or it does not matter?Hope you all get to continue being resourceful and great as you are ..!!!

In theory the shutdown should affect the DV process. However, there may be some impacts, it is too early to tell. Hopefully the shutdown itself will be resolved soon...

Regarding POE - the point of entry is simply the place where you first land in the USA. If travelling by air, that is probably determined by flight schedules. All international airports in the USA have immigration officers and will therefore inspect your visa etc. From that point you will take a connecting flight to Kansas of wherever you want to reside. Allow several hours between those two flights by the way - a normal connection of 2 hours won't be enough time.

In theory the shutdown should affect the DV process. However, there may be some impacts, it is too early to tell. Hopefully the shutdown itself will be resolved soon...

Regarding POE - the point of entry is simply the place where you first land in the USA. If travelling by air, that is probably determined by flight schedules. All international airports in the USA have immigration officers and will therefore inspect your visa etc. From that point you will take a connecting flight to Kansas of wherever you want to reside. Allow several hours between those two flights by the way - a normal connection of 2 hours won't be enough time.
hi thanks britsimon
..that's very informative.. mode of transport should be by air by all accounts:)think that other logistical options are either null valued or impractical..I had put my alias name on the ds230 to reflect the missing name on some of my documents.. does this help? sorry if am a greenhorn with too many Q&A sessions on the forum!!!
understand Akelloh is the spiritual reference..pray for us all!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.