• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi thanks britsimon
..that's very informative.. mode of transport should be by air by all accounts:)think that other logistical options are either null valued or impractical..I had put my alias name on the ds230 to reflect the missing name on some of my documents.. does this help? sorry if am a greenhorn with too many Q&A sessions on the forum!!!
understand Akelloh is the spiritual reference..pray for us all!!!!

Yes you were correct to put your alias on the form. It connects the dots for them when looking at the documents you then present.

Hi Guys..Hope u are all right..Jonge,Family,Jorj,..and the rest..been really helpful..just to throw one out..will this U.S.A. Govt shut down affect processing?Thanks Sum for the advice on GC and PP names..on top of it..then if someone could assist on the nearest P.O.E to kansas..or it does not matter?Hope you all get to continue being resourceful and great as you are ..!!!

For starters no one knows how long for sure this one will last. The last was 28 days and it did affect and the State Department warned this week that consular operations at home and abroad would only remain open as long as "there are sufficient fees to support operations." Visit link below for more information

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ernment-shutdown-what-could-it-look-like?lite

Hi All. Just found this successful interview on Niraland forum, done yesterday in Italy. Thought it might help. Enjoy

Day 1:
8am-at the medical centre Naples I did all the required stuff and vaccination (2 vaccines)
2pm- at the General consulate for digital fingerprints.Went through security checks and then we were ushered in.Getting inside,I took my sit and waited for my number to be called and after 10 minutes "number 5, numero 5" I heard, immediately I stood up and walked to the window. "Passport and interview letter please" she asked ; quickly I submitted them.She looked at the passport and the computer and she talked to her colleague then she turned to me saying "I'm sorry we technically can't take your fingerprints today because we don't have authorization yet from the U.S, tomorrow please come 7:30am and we will do it before your interview."
Day 2: 6:45am I arrived at the General consulate looking at the Mediterranean sea with U.S. soldiers outside patrolling around the consulate looking for the next bin laden; we went through same security protocols and finally in the hall again with 16 persons and I was the only African and the only dv winner so I was the first to be approved in Italy this fiscal year.
I took my sit and waited for my number to be called and it got to my turn I submitted the documents and she asked if I had any document from my university fortunately I was with my student handbook for credits exams and grades registration.She took it and then we did the fingerprints and she gave me an envelope(containing medical results and x-ray in a disc ) coming from the medical centre saying " give this to the officer when you get to the U.S. " .I went further with the payment of the visa fee which was 264 EUR and then I took my sit again.The interview started and it seems pregnant women and families with babies were called first.
finally it got to my turn and I stood up approaching the window I thought I saw Peter crouch because they look similar.I did fingerprints again and then the oath.
Co: Congratulations again for your selection as a winner.
Me: Thank you
Co: I'm going to ask you some couple of questions
Me: Ok
Co: Where were you born?
Me: I was born in Benin city,Edo state,Nigeria.
Co: Benin as in Benin republic?
Me: No Benin as in Benin city.
Co: Ok, how long have you been here in Italy and when did you leave Nigeria?
Me: I have been here for 2years and I left Nigeria 2011 18 August.
Co: Oh great! when were you born?
Me: I was born 7th September 1993
Co: woah you are very young.Tell me where did you school?
Me: I did high school in Nigeria and I'm schooling here in Italy.
Co: When did you finish high school?
Me: 2008
Co: Waoh you were like 15 then.
Me: Yes I was 15.
Co: so tell me when do people normally finish high school in Nigeria?
Me: It depends on one's intellectual capabilities and finance. Some may finish at 18 some 15 some 17.I was promoted at some certain point.
Co: I can see that you are among the intellects(looking at my university grades and my waec grades) tell me what was your best subject?
Me: Economics
Co: Fantastic, I can see that's what you are studying at the university. (looking at my university handbook where exam grades are recorded)So when did you get into the university?
Me: September 2012 but it became official in October.
Co: What did you do before you were admitted?
Me: I worked for a vine producing firm.
Co: What year are you in the university?
Me: 2year.
Co: Great! now 2year and 1 year left for you to graduate,what are your plans?
Me: I'm working on a transcript.
Co: perfect.Michigan, what's there?
Me: my uncle.
Co: Can you stay with him
Me: Yes
Co: what does he do?
Me: he is a pharmacist.
Me: please can I correct something ?
Co: sure
Me: I wrongly spelt the address of my uncle and there was a wrong date of school on my dsp form.
Co: Ok, I will correct that.(he corrected it and signed close to it)
Co: Ok Mr Ernest I will have to type somethings please wait.
Me: ok
after a minute
Co: Mr Ernest do you have any id from your university other than the handbook for grade recording?
Me: Normally my university don't have id,the official Id is the student handbook for exams,credits and grades registration. but sure I brought alternative.(An Id from the bursary department in my school)
Co: Great let me take a copy please.
Co: Please take a sit I will call you shortly.
Me: ok thank you(smiling)
after 3minutes
Co: ok mr Ernest I want to tell you that your visa has been approved and it will be printed tomorrow so you can go to the address my colleague gave to you at 5pm tomorrow.
Me: thank you.
Taking my leave people congratulating and asking how I won the DV lottery. Alot of people wished to be on my shoes today even when they have their visa and moreover they are visa free as tourist, that's when I realized that God loves me.Thanks once again to all members of this thread, and to those

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All. Just found this successful interview on Niraland forum, done yesterday in Italy. Thought it might help. Enjoy

Day 1:
8am-at the medical centre Naples I did all the required stuff and vaccination (2 vaccines)
2pm- at the General consulate for digital fingerprints.Went through security checks and then we were ushered in.Getting inside,I took my sit and waited for my number to be called and after 10 minutes "number 5, numero 5" I heard, immediately I stood up and walked to the window. "Passport and interview letter please" she asked ; quickly I submitted them.She looked at the passport and the computer and she talked to her colleague then she turned to me saying "I'm sorry we technically can't take your fingerprints today because we don't have authorization yet from the U.S, tomorrow please come 7:30am and we will do it before your interview."
Day 2: 6:45am I arrived at the General consulate looking at the Mediterranean sea with U.S. soldiers outside patrolling around the consulate looking for the next bin laden; we went through same security protocols and finally in the hall again with 16 persons and I was the only African and the only dv winner so I was the first to be approved in Italy this fiscal year.
I took my sit and waited for my number to be called and it got to my turn I submitted the documents and she asked if I had any document from my university fortunately I was with my student handbook for credits exams and grades registration.She took it and then we did the fingerprints and she gave me an envelope(containing medical results and x-ray in a disc ) coming from the medical centre saying " give this to the officer when you get to the U.S. " .I went further with the payment of the visa fee which was 264 EUR and then I took my sit again.The interview started and it seems pregnant women and families with babies were called first.
finally it got to my turn and I stood up approaching the window I thought I saw Peter crouch because they look similar.I did fingerprints again and then the oath.
Co: Congratulations again for your selection as a winner.
Me: Thank you
Co: I'm going to ask you some couple of questions
Me: Ok
Co: Where were you born?
Me: I was born in Benin city,Edo state,Nigeria.
Co: Benin as in Benin republic?
Me: No Benin as in Benin city.
Co: Ok, how long have you been here in Italy and when did you leave Nigeria?
Me: I have been here for 2years and I left Nigeria 2011 18 August.
Co: Oh great! when were you born?
Me: I was born 7th September 1993
Co: woah you are very young.Tell me where did you school?
Me: I did high school in Nigeria and I'm schooling here in Italy.
Co: When did you finish high school?
Me: 2008
Co: Waoh you were like 15 then.
Me: Yes I was 15.
Co: so tell me when do people normally finish high school in Nigeria?
Me: It depends on one's intellectual capabilities and finance. Some may finish at 18 some 15 some 17.I was promoted at some certain point.
Co: I can see that you are among the intellects(looking at my university grades and my waec grades) tell me what was your best subject?
Me: Economics
Co: Fantastic, I can see that's what you are studying at the university. (looking at my university handbook where exam grades are recorded)So when did you get into the university?
Me: September 2012 but it became official in October.
Co: What did you do before you were admitted?
Me: I worked for a vine producing firm.
Co: What year are you in the university?
Me: 2year.
Co: Great! now 2year and 1 year left for you to graduate,what are your plans?
Me: I'm working on a transcript.
Co: perfect.Michigan, what's there?
Me: my uncle.
Co: Can you stay with him
Me: Yes
Co: what does he do?
Me: he is a pharmacist.
Me: please can I correct something ?
Co: sure
Me: I wrongly spelt the address of my uncle and there was a wrong date of school on my dsp form.
Co: Ok, I will correct that.(he corrected it and signed close to it)
Co: Ok Mr Ernest I will have to type somethings please wait.
Me: ok
after a minute
Co: Mr Ernest do you have any id from your university other than the handbook for grade recording?
Me: Normally my university don't have id,the official Id is the student handbook for exams,credits and grades registration. but sure I brought alternative.(An Id from the bursary department in my school)
Co: Great let me take a copy please.
Co: Please take a sit I will call you shortly.
Me: ok thank you(smiling)
after 3minutes
Co: ok mr Ernest I want to tell you that your visa has been approved and it will be printed tomorrow so you can go to the address my colleague gave to you at 5pm tomorrow.
Me: thank you.
Taking my leave people congratulating and asking how I won the DV lottery. Alot of people wished to be on my shoes today even when they have their visa and moreover they are visa free as tourist, that's when I realized that God loves me.Thanks once again to all members of this thread, and to those

Thanks Ormania for sharing this. It is indeed an encouragement to the rest of yet to have our interviews.

Thanks Ormania for sharing this. It is indeed an encouragement to the rest of yet to have our interviews.
thanks jonge for the forward and congrats to ormania..Thot the CN no was kinda high though..any explanation for this?...let's just wait for our time..

Mates lets walk together in this journey lets all remember he (GOD) loves us and with him all things are possible lets place OUR LORD in front of our long journey to America

Deuteronomy 31:8
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
God loves us forumites

Last edited by a moderator:
Mates lets walk together in this journey lets all remember he (GOD) loves us and with him all things are possible lets place OUR LORD in front of our long journey to America

Deuteronomy 31:8
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
God loves us forumites

Good morning Akelloh,

thanks for this word of encouragement. The Lord be with you this day.

Good morning forum mates...thanks Akelloh for the words that will always help us push through this trying times..more from me mates,just for the day...i got a reply from KCC after an inquiry on the 26th Sept that .....''....forms received pending further embassy review for continuation of visa processing..''...is this a good sign?they had earlier confirmed receiving and processing documents on the 28th of Aug..should the 2nl be on its way?I know guys here are more than helpful in resolving this issue with an advice..

Good morning forum mates...thanks Akelloh for the words that will always help us push through this trying times..more from me mates,just for the day...i got a reply from KCC after an inquiry on the 26th Sept that .....''....forms received pending further embassy review for continuation of visa processing..''...is this a good sign?they had earlier confirmed receiving and processing documents on the 28th of Aug..should the 2nl be on its way?I know guys here are more than helpful in resolving this issue with an advice..
yes olelenku you are welcomed bro we will forever be grateful to the lord in this journey and may God bless us all through this journey

...thanks Akelloh..any advice on the question i just posted..?forum kinda quiet..
if they have confirmed your documents then don't worry you will get your 2nl this process needs a lot of patience brother ! practice patience our /your turn will come but don't hesitate to ask any questions always feel free

...thanks Akelloh..any advice on the question i just posted..?forum kinda quiet..
if they have confirmed your documents then don't worry you will get your 2nl this process needs a lot of patience brother ! practice patience our /your turn will come but don't hesitate to ask any questions always feel free

Good morning olelenku,

just keep checking you will eventually receive the 2NL. It also depends on when you submitted the forms but I suspect you should have your interview in December/January if you haven't got your 2NL by now given that you're current. KCC tends to process the forms as they come in.

Good morning olelenku,

just keep checking you will eventually receive the 2NL. It also depends on when you submitted the forms but I suspect you should have your interview in December/January if you haven't got your 2NL by now given that you're current. KCC tends to process the forms as they come in.
i am checking onge...trust me on that one..unless am checking the wrong place...Please for the umpteenth time..I need to be confirmed that the 2nl comes through email and letter interview through Entry status check?

i am checking onge...trust me on that one..unless am checking the wrong place...Please for the umpteenth time..I need to be confirmed that the 2nl comes through email and letter interview through Entry status check?

Olelenku the Entry Status Check (ESC) is the where you will find your 2 NL. You can either wait for the email notifying you or you can keep checking once your CN becomes current. When did you send the forms?

Status
Not open for further replies.