• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olelenku the Entry Status Check (ESC) is the where you will find your 2 NL. You can either wait for the email notifying you or you can keep checking once your CN becomes current. When did you send the forms?

Ok...Jonge,sent forms on the 12th of June by courier..is there a problem here?am approximating 2 months from this date to the 2NL if I may say,then by the 12th of oct should be there..don't you think so?the 2NL will indicate the interview date I suppose...?am following the 2013 thread on an issue here that am yet to arrive at..this guys logged almost 300pages..!!!I applied for a new PP coz was adviced that the names on GC should match the ones on PP..but forgot to ask the immigration guys at nyayo if the PP no is maintained..coz I think somewhere in the ds122 there was a place you filled this in...is it like the ID where the number is maintained?was told the affidavit does not meet the threshold for confirming that eDV names and PP names are the same person..!!!

Just finished applying for the DV 2015, that said, I'm only thinking of it as taking up insurance.... :) And thanks Akelloh for the Word, it alone can take us to heights that we cant even fathom. Keep the spirit Forumites.

thanks jonge for the forward and congrats to ormania..Thot the CN no was kinda high though..any explanation for this?...let's just wait for our time..

olelenku lol :eek: it was not me who had that interview experience, i just shared it from another forum. My interview is expected to be around Marc/April. BTW welcome to the forum.:cool:

Dont forget to register on the spreed sheet list of 2014 winners.

you are always welcomed i appreciate it.thanks a lot
Just finished applying for the DV 2015, that said, I'm only thinking of it as taking up insurance.... :) And thanks Akelloh for the Word, it alone can take us to heights that we cant even fathom. Keep the spirit Forumites.

olelenku lol :eek: it was not me who had that interview experience, i just shared it from another forum. My interview is expected to be around Marc/April. BTW welcome to the forum.:cool:

Dont forget to register on the spreed sheet list of 2014 winners.

Thanks a lot ormania...your day will be the same too..early congratulations in order..finding that the forum is a bit quiet..or is it new member syndrome?finding myself in the forum too much nayo!!!have tried to register on the spreadsheet but let me try again...could you give my question a shot!!!!

Lamination of certificates

guys,guys...seen a worrying 2013 thread from nickelley....that certs should not be laminated or they can create a problem..please somebody to offer more insight into this..the gurus would come in handy here...jonge,jorj,Akelloh,Sum,britsimon...whats your take on this?

guys,guys...seen a worrying 2013 thread from nickelley....that certs should not be laminated or they can create a problem..please somebody to offer more insight into this..the gurus would come in handy here...jonge,jorj,Akelloh,Sum,britsimon...whats your take on this?

Thanks and you are welcome! your previous questions are I think answered already. But for the last one, i would do a certified copy of the laminated certificates and take them to the authorities to authenticate them. But as a last option i will try to get a replacement copy of it from the concerned body and make it authenticated, if it is possible.

These two options are possible in my place. I have lost my high school diploma a while a go, but weeks back i went to the Ministry of education and they gave me a replacement of the diploma. Don't you think this is the best option than a certified copy with original laminated one? i think so.

Is there no problem if we play the 2015 lottery being the 2014 winners? :confused: house give hand please.....

Is there no problem if we play the 2015 lottery being the 2014 winners? :confused: house give hand please.....

There is no problem in entering the 2015 lottery - although with your number you will probably have your visa before the May result is even out!

Thanks and you are welcome! your previous questions are I think answered already. But for the last one, i would do a certified copy of the laminated certificates and take them to the authorities to authenticate them. But as a last option i will try to get a replacement copy of it from the concerned body and make it authenticated, if it is possible.

These two options are possible in my place. I have lost my high school diploma a while a go, but weeks back i went to the Ministry of education and they gave me a replacement of the diploma. Don't you think this is the best option than a certified copy with original laminated one? i think so.
thanks ormania. for this but I would tend to believe like the Kenya situation..when you send the confidential knec results and the cert with certified copy of original.. think this would suffice.. coz am imagining going to all these offices ...and the degree certificate is only issues once..I think most guys in Kenya laminate there certs..protection purpose..can see where the obstacle course will start from..whats your thought..guys who have gone through this please help..

thanks ormania. for this but I would tend to believe like the Kenya situation..when you send the confidential knec results and the cert with certified copy of original.. think this would suffice.. coz am imagining going to all these offices ...and the degree certificate is only issues once..I think most guys in Kenya laminate there certs..protection purpose..can see where the obstacle course will start from..whats your thought..guys who have gone through this please help..

Sorry bro. I think the process is a little bit different between Kenya and Ethiopia. In our case we just authenticate our certificate from the Ministry of education then Ministry of foreign affairs and take it to the embassy. It will be 2 days work. As for Kenya our fellow Kenyans should come in here to help.

Concerning laminated certificates, on the DV 2013 thread it was discussed exhaustively. If uncertain you can request KNEC to send a confidential copy of your examination results to the embassy. I did read on the thread that a number of people had opted for this.

Concerning laminated certificates, on the DV 2013 thread it was discussed exhaustively. If uncertain you can request KNEC to send a confidential copy of your examination results to the embassy. I did read on the thread that a number of people had opted for this.
+1
Laminating won't affect you case Olelenku, Nice name btw. (It remind s me of those burning mattresses with exploding sound.)
Anyway as I was saying as long as KNEC sends ua K result that's all no need of making it certified.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1
Laminating won't affect you case Olelenku, Nice name btw. (It remind s me of those burning mattresses with exploding sound.)
Anyway as I was saying as long as KNEC sends ua K result that's all no need of makingit certified.
hi jorj...jonge..thanks for the update info..
am yet to go thru the 2013 thread completely..am digesting all threads one at a time so not yet ...will go this route..thanks for the name..Thot being new I would use a name that relates to being under pressure and trying to make sense of new territories..think my forehead will grow to at the end of this ...!!!

Thanks a lot ormania...your day will be the same too..early congratulations in order..finding that the forum is a bit quiet..or is it new member syndrome?finding myself in the forum too much nayo!!!have tried to register on the spreadsheet but let me try again...could you give my question a shot!!!!

It's new member's syndrome. Lol...an addictin one to.
But that's what makes this thread active. When the fire is about to go off, a new member pops up and adds more woods to the fire thus keeping it burning.
New members keep this thread active, you guyz give us moral to continue contributing.
Welcome guyz.

i am checking onge...trust me on that one..unless am checking the wrong place...Please for the umpteenth time..I need to be confirmed that the 2nl comes through email and letter interview through Entry status check?
You will not get any email, the second NL is posted where they posted your first NL. Personally I have already received the 2nd NL but they never notified me thru e-mail, I kept on checking my status and one day there it was.

It depends on the interviewing post. Some posts do not accept certificates which are laminated bcs its a bit difficult to detect a fake certificate when its laminated that's why some people never laminate important documents. However at Nairobi post , laminated certificates are ok.

There is no rule that is against that. Catchme (2013) was selected for 2013 and also got selected for 2014 which indicates that she entered 2014 draw when she was already a 2013 selectee.
I am also considering playing 2015, you never know what could be the out come of 2014.

have tried to register on the spreadsheet but let me try again
I have put you in the correct position on the spreadsheet , check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.