• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Response below:

THANKS A LOT!
Would plz clarify these items:
• 1st Notification Letter:
do you mean the first notification from www.dvlottery.state.gov, where I was first noticed that I've been selected? - Yes

• 2nd Notification Letter:
do you mean the letter that I have received (or will receive) from KCCDV (after initial submission of forms DSP-122 and DS-230)? - Yes, the letter from KCC that starts with : 'Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)' or something to that effect.

• DOS Payment Receipt:
are u referring to $330 fee (per person) for DV that should be paid to Department of State? - Yes

• I-797 Notice of Action – Indicating Current Visa Status:
I have no idea what do you mean by this? How can I find this form and whether for my case it's optional or required? - It may not be applicable to you. It's for someone who has renewed their non-immigrant visa within the US

Would u plz answer this question as well:
Do I need a bank statement or Affidavit of Support showing any specific amount of money in my bank account (here in the U.S or in my home country)? - If you can get someone to fill out an affidavit of support for you, that would be great. Yes, you may need to show your bank statements, you can include the one from your home country too, if you have a significant amount in it and if your US bank account doesn't hold much. It also helps if you're working, so you will need your W2s
If so, how much minimum it should be?

In general, I think you should read through this thread from page 1. Most of the questions you're asking (and others you haven't and probably would) have already been answered. Also take some time to go through the 2013 AOS thread also, you will find useful information in there as well.

Response below:

hi guys

I have two questions. I am doing AOS. I am from Asia and my number is small.

1- Do you know when would be the approximate date of my interview? -You need to be a bit more specific with your CN if you want an approximation of your interview date. Just cover up the last three digits of your CN by writing something like AS00002XXX

2- I am preparing medical form for i485. In the form in the address section it is mentioned "home address". So far the addresses I used was my mail address which was the office in my school. What should I do right now? I have to put my home address? I heard it is not good if all addresses in all forms are not the same. Is it right?
- The address you've used on your DSP form is irrelevant. Going forward, the address you will be using on all the forms associated with your I-485 form have to be the same. When you say: " So far the addresses I used was my mail address which was the office in my school", is this the mail box assigned to you at your school and where you typically receive all your mail? If yes, you can also write the same address where the form says home address (since most college dorms typically don't have an address). Just make sure whatever address you put down is secure and easily accessible to you as that is where your biometric and interview letters will be mailed to when the time comes and you don't want to miss those.

Response below:

In general, I think you should read through this thread from page 1. Most of the questions you're asking (and others you haven't and probably would) have already been answered. Also take some time to go through the 2013 AOS thread also, you will find useful information in there as well.

Ok! Thank you so much, sure, I'll read the thread you mentioned, but it would be great if you could leave here a list of links that contain the general information a DV winner (who is planning to adjust the status) needs to know.
I've been reading USCIS since a few days ago.

You mentioned about bank statement (financial affidavit): because I'm a student (on F1 visa) I don't have that much money in my bank account in the U.S (less than $2000) but I have over $10,000 in my home country bank account. Also my father can write a support letter. Would it be acceptable? Or I can ask my father to transfer some money into my US. bank account. Which one is better?
And would you please mention how much (minimum) my bank statement should show?
How much is the minimum balance for a single person and how much for a couple?

And one more question: my case number is 2014ASXXXX3XXX. Do you have any idea when it would get current?
Last year bulletin shows such a number has become current in January or February.

Last edited by a moderator:
Response below:

- The address you've used on your DSP form is irrelevant. Going forward, the address you will be using on all the forms associated with your I-485 form have to be the same. When you say: " So far the addresses I used was my mail address which was the office in my school", is this the mail box assigned to you at your school and where you typically receive all your mail? If yes, you can also write the same address where the form says home address (since most college dorms typically don't have an address). Just make sure whatever address you put down is secure and easily accessible to you as that is where your biometric and interview letters will be mailed to when the time comes and you don't want to miss those.

In my DS-122 I put my mail address (which is my school department office and not my home). I paid the dv lottery too and in the recipe of it I have again my mail address.

the mail address I have is my department office. Usually people in my department receive their packages there. My home is out of camp of university. Since the mail address (which is my department office) is right now on my dv fee recipe you think after this I have to give this address even if they mention home address?

In my DS-122 I put my mail address (which is my school department office and not my home). I paid the dv lottery too and in the recipe of it I have again my mail address.

the mail address I have is my department office. Usually people in my department receive their packages there. My home is out of camp of university. Since the mail address (which is my department office) is right now on my dv fee recipe you think after this I have to give this address even if they mention home address?

My guess is you should be ok using your departmental addressing as your mailing address in all the forms, but I think you should put your camp/home address anywhere it specifically says home address. I doubt they pay much attention to the address on the medical form anyway.

Select 'H' for the principal applicant and type/write "DV Lottery Winner. Notification letter attached"

Would you plz tell me which one is relevant for the spouse (dependent applicant)? (I'm the DV winner and my spouse is dependent)

Please select 'B' for the spouse. Option 'B' for all dependents and 'H' for the main applicant.

Would you plz tell me which one is relevant for the spouse (dependent applicant)? (I'm the DV winner and my spouse is dependent)

Nl2

Hi guys, congratulations to lucky DV 2014 selectees! I have a question regarding NL2, I've sent my papers to KCC on May 2, and didn't get any email from them yet, don't you know how long it takes them to reply??? Thanks a lot! And I have to say that this forum is just great!!!

Hi guys, congratulations to lucky DV 2014 selectees! I have a question regarding NL2, I've sent my papers to KCC on May 2, and didn't get any email from them yet, don't you know how long it takes them to reply??? Thanks a lot! And I have to say that this forum is just great!!!

You will not receive any notification from kcc right now.you might receive an Aos letter through your email confirming that you want to adjust your status in the U.S. However you can call them to check if your case is being processed

I-485 to be sent in one envelope or two separte envelopes for couples

Hi,
I'd like to know when I send form I-485 and supporting documents to Chicago lock box, shall I put mine and my spouse's I-485 forms and supporting documents in one envelope? (or I shall put the documents in separate envelopes?)

Also, for the AOS fee, shall I send a check/money order, showing $2140 (2 * $1070) for both of us, or send two checks/money orders, each showing $1070 for each one of us?

Shall I write the case number and applicant names on the top of the check(s)? Foe example if I'm sending one check shall I write my and my spouse's name on the top of the cehck? (or just my name as the principal applicant?)
I'm the Dv lottery winner (principal applicant) and my spouse is the dependent applicant.

Thanks for your attention.

1. You can put each I-485 form and supporting forms and documents into 2 separate envelope or package, then combine both packages into one main envelope and mail that single envelope

2. It's better to have 2 separate checks attached to each package

3. Write your CN on both checks, on the bottom part of the check, just before the signature section or on the 'memo' section if you're using money order.

Hi,
I'd like to know when I send form I-485 and supporting documents to Chicago lock box, shall I put mine and my spouse's I-485 forms and supporting documents in one envelope? (or I shall put the documents in separate envelopes?)

Also, for the AOS fee, shall I send a check/money order, showing $2140 (2 * $1070) for both of us, or send two checks/money orders, each showing $1070 for each one of us?

Shall I write the case number and applicant names on the top of the check(s)? Foe example if I'm sending one check shall I write my and my spouse's name on the top of the cehck? (or just my name as the principal applicant?)
I'm the Dv lottery winner (principal applicant) and my spouse is the dependent applicant.

Thanks for your attention.

If you're doing AOS, you will eventually receive an email from KCC acknowledging your intention to process AOS (there will be no such email if you're doing CP). It may take 8-12 weeks to receive the email.

re

If you're doing AOS, you will eventually receive an email from KCC acknowledging your intention to process AOS (there will be no such email if you're doing CP). It may take 8-12 weeks to receive the email.

Thanks for quick responsr Mom, yes I'm an F1 student and doing AOS, when I found out that I was selected for further processing I was so happy that I just sent my form the next day, and I know when I was reading through threads I found out that I should have attach my NL1 to my form and send them together. The only thing I sent to KCC were 2 photos and DS 122. Do you think its a big deal? And should I resend my form?

My suggestion would be to resend the form with the selection notification attached

Thanks for quick responsr Mom, yes I'm an F1 student and doing AOS, when I found out that I was selected for further processing I was so happy that I just sent my form the next day, and I know when I was reading through threads I found out that I should have attach my NL1 to my form and send them together. The only thing I sent to KCC were 2 photos and DS 122. Do you think its a big deal? And should I resend my form?

question related to post #656

@Sm1smom:
This question related to post #656 but I couldn't post underneath that post!

I found you statement under post: would u please explain this: you have written "check August VISA bulletin..."!
Based on previous year visa bulletin, the earliest time a cut off number for DV 2013 is announced was September 2013 (which is actually providing a cut off number for October 2013- that is the first month 2013 DV winner can file an application). But you're talking about Aug 2013 as the earliest time one can know about cut off numbers for 2013 DV winners. Would plz explain this for me?

My case number is 2014ASXXXX3XXX. Do you have any idea when it would get current?
Last year bulletin shows such a number has become current in January or February.

My suggestion would be to resend the form with the selection notification attached

I forgot to mantion that I did call KCC and I was told that my application is in process. So anyway you think its better to resend it correct ? I have one more question Mom about the DS 122, in the field for work experience I made a mistake instead of typing the period from 2009-2011 I put 2009-2009. If I have to resend the form can I change this mistake or not?
Thank you so much Mom for all the work you doing in here. You are like a real mom leading all of us in a right way, thanks!!!

I forgot to mantion that I did call KCC and I was told that my application is in process. So anyway you think its better to resend it correct ? I have one more question Mom about the DS 122, in the field for work experience I made a mistake instead of typing the period from 2009-2011 I put 2009-2009. If I have to resend the form can I change this mistake or not?
Thank you so much Mom for all the work you doing in here. You are like a real mom leading all of us in a right way, thanks!!!

I think they just send the 2NL for the people who may become current in Oct. This is what KCC told me when I called them. If you tell us about your case number in encrypted form it'll be possible to make a judgment about this statement.

Would you plz clarify bellow issue for me:

• DOS Payment Receipt

In post #659,
You have mentioned that DOS payment receipt should be included in the package that I'll send to USCIS lock box (in Chicago). However, instruction on the fee payment receipt, which I received from KCCDV, is stating that: "you must present this receipt to USCIS at the time of your adjustment interview." It also states that: "once USCIS has accepeted your file fill out th receipt form ... and mail it along with your cashiers check or U.S postal money order ... to the address below: U.S Department of States, ....., Missouri ...." !

So, if it seems that I should include in copy of DOS payment receipt (not the original DOS payment receipt) in the package that I send to USCIS lock bos in Chicago. Is my understanding this correct?
Plz correct me if I'm not.
Thanks

@Sm1smom:
This question related to post #656 but I couldn't post underneath that post!

I found you statement under post: would u please explain this: you have written "check August VISA bulletin..."!
Based on previous year visa bulletin, the earliest time a cut off number for DV 2013 is announced was September 2013 (which is actually providing a cut off number for October 2013- that is the first month 2013 DV winner can file an application). But you're talking about Aug 2013 as the earliest time one can know about cut off numbers for 2013 DV winners. Would plz explain this for me?

My case number is 2014ASXXXX3XXX. Do you have any idea when it would get current?

Ok, I should have written check the September VB which will be released in August. The "C" section (sometimes referred to as the Advance Notification Section) will begin to provide information on the cut-off numbers for the 2014 fiscal year. So yes, from around mid August, DV 2014 selectees will begin to get an idea of when they might become current.

The 2013 visa release was low and quite unusual at the beginning for Asia in particular, so it's hard to kind of tell what the progression rate might be like for 2014. So if they go by the progression rate of 2013, you could be current in January, but the VB for 2010 - 2012 puts your number as being current in October. Again, things will become a bit more clear following the release of the Sept VB in the next couple of days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sending an updated form, with the selectee notification attached, or correcting the errors on the previously submitted form, will not impact your AOS process in anyway, as far as I know, since KCC will not be processing the case. However, if I was in your shoes, I would fill out another set of forms, attach the notification letter and email the items to KCC just for my own peace of mind. So if you decide to send updated forms, be sure to correct the error mentioned and any other one you might have made.

Status
Not open for further replies.