• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you once again Sm1smom for your answer!

I've been looking into USCIS webiste and actually found out that Middlesex county is served by Lawrence FO, and not Boston FO (as pointed out by aos13 in a previous reply).

To whom may need it, just look for "find a USCIS office" in Google to access the dedicated USCIS webiste.

On this webiste we can see that Boston FO is serving: Barnstable, Bristol, Dukes, Nantucket, Norfolk, Plymouth and Suffolk counties.

Concerning the travels, can you please confirm that with a valid Advance Parole card we will not risk to get deny the re-entry with our J1 visa next summer?

If I understood well, what might be more risky is travelling abroad after having sent the DSP-122 and prior to be AoS-pending with an Advance Parole card?
As we are planning to come back to Europe for Christmas this year, I think it would be wise to wait until January 2014 to send over the forms to KCC. That should leave time to apply for AoS in time if my girlfriend's CN becomes current in April/May.

Thank you for your help.

[It seems that my message won't get published if I write USCIS link directly]

Well, maybe it depends on which side of Middlesex County the applicant is. Boston FO certainly has Middlesex listed among the areas served:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.detail&office=BOS&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO&OfficeLocator.statecode=MA

Under the Service Areas section it shows:

The Boston Field Office serves Barnstable, Berkshire, Bristol, Dukes, Essex,Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire, Middlesex, Nantucket, Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk, and Worcester counties.

Of course, Middlesex also shows up under the Lawrence FO:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.detail&office=LAW&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO&OfficeLocator.statecode=MA

This office serves the counties of: Berkshire, Essex, Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire, Middlesex, and Worcester

Anyway, where Middlesex falls shouldn't be a major point of debate at this point in time. You will find out your FO when you receive your interview letter.

Regarding travel, absolutely yes, you can re-enter with an AP Card without any problem if your I-485 package has already been submitted. Of course using the AP card means you're no longer in J visa status, your status becomes adjustment pending or something to that effect. And once you use the AP card, if for some reason your AOS is denied, then you will not be able to revert back to your J visa status, and you may not be able to renew or apply for a new J visa since you've demonstrated immigrant intent.

Holding off on sending your DSP form till you return from your trip is not a bad idea, it's not going to delay the processing of your I-485 when the time comes to send it in anyway. Just be aware that getting the DV administrative payment receipt usually takes a couple of weeks, and you need to include that with the I-485.

Question to MDV2014

Hello All,

Now I have received the confirmation email from KCC. I should mention that my case number is pretty low (2014ASXXXX1XXX) and I have sent my documents in May 2nd. So don't worry if you have not received it yet.

I should mention that the email has one attachment. I think because I already sent the DV fee.

Another thing is I have provided different email in my DS 122 than the email that I entered during registration for lottery. But they have sent the email to the email that I wrote in Ds 122.

Congratulations on your confirmation!
You wrote that you have updated your email address writing it on the DSP 122. But there is no any field to write e-mail address there. Could you please tell me where you wrote it?
And another question: have your status been changed at the website where you initially checked your lottery results?
Thank you. Looking forward to your reply.

Hi Guys

As I remember there was no place for writing email address on DS-122 form. Is that right? I did not write my email address anywhere there.

Congratulations on your confirmation!
You wrote that you have updated your email address writing it on the DSP 122. But there is no any field to write e-mail address there. Could you please tell me where you wrote it?
And another question: have your status been changed at the website where you initially checked your lottery results?
Thank you. Looking forward to your reply.

You are completely right and I was wrong. I wrote my email in DS 230. Probably if you did not submit DS 230, they'll send it to the email that you have provided when you were registering. I should say that I am sure that DS 122 is enough. But I submitted DS 230 to feel better.

No, nothing has been changed in the website.

Well, maybe it depends on which side of Middlesex County the applicant is. Boston FO certainly has Middlesex listed among the areas served:

OK so actually I went to the link you provided and info on it is in contradiction with the link I was looking at earlier.
I found out the problem:
  • on www.uscis.gov (my link), Boston FO description was last updated on 10/03/2011
  • on egov.uscis.gov (your link), Boston FO description was last updated 02/11/2013

It seems that USCIS is providing different information on the very same website.
Selectees may want to be careful with this website.

Anyway, where Middlesex falls shouldn't be a major point of debate at this point in time. You will find out your FO when you receive your interview letter.

That could have a major importance in our decision to go through AoS or CP. If we have to wait 3 to 4 months with Boston FO, it may be to late if the CN becomes current in May.

Of course using the AP card means you're no longer in J visa status, your status becomes adjustment pending or something to that effect. And once you use the AP card, if for some reason your AOS is denied, then you will not be able to revert back to your J visa status, and you may not be able to renew or apply for a new J visa since you've demonstrated immigrant intent.

That is a big point that I kind of forgot! I think chances to get denied GC are low, but what about our current work as a J1 trainee as soon as we are AoS-pending? I will look further into that.

Thanks again, each time I think I am closer to answering all my questions and each time you make me questioning more! ;)

Received Confirmation Email

They DO send email confirmation to AOS selectees. That's is where all these talks of not receiving email confirmations started from. In the past, some CP selectees saw email confirmation in the signature portion of AOS candidates profiles and started fretting about wether or not their forms were received, and they had to email KCC for this confirmation. Now everybody assume they will get an email confirmation and they begin to panic when it seems non forthcoming.

For the 2014 AOS selectees worried about not having received their email confirmation I suggest you check out the profiles of people from 2013 and previous years to get a feel for how long it might take to received this email from KCC. (On a side note, I do know of a 2014 selectee that has already received the confirmation email and further instructions on the next step of action).

Sm1smom - You are right. They send confirmation email because I received one today with 2 attachments. One is the form to pay the DV fee and the other is Confirmation/Steps.

You are completely right and I was wrong. I wrote my email in DS 230. Probably if you did not submit DS 230, they'll send it to the email that you have provided when you were registering. I should say that I am sure that DS 122 is enough. But I submitted DS 230 to feel better.

No, nothing has been changed in the website.

Thank you for quick respond. It helps a lot!

quoque lvirder

Hi guys

I have two questions:

1-I have a question. for doing medicals (I believe its form i693) should I just print the form and go the the place or I need to have other documents? like a confirmation letter or s.t. I had friends who applied for green card through other methods (other than lottery) and they said they had to have that when going for medicals.

2- my case number is so small and I am from asia. What can I do now? Just waiting until October?
I already sent forms to kcc and paid the dv fee and I recived confirmation email from kcc. Can I go for medical now?

1. Fill and print out the medical form and go to a USCIS approved civil surgeon. You don't need an approval letter, just a govt issued ID or your passport if you don't have an ID.

2. Check the August VB which should be released anytime from next week, and if your CN falls within the range of the released numbers, you send in your package at the end of Sept. Between now and Oct, you can start filling out your forms and make sure you have all the documents you need to include with your application.

Hi guys

I have two questions:

1-I have a question. for doing medicals (I believe its form i693) should I just print the form and go the the place or I need to have other documents? like a confirmation letter or s.t. I had friends who applied for green card through other methods (other than lottery) and they said they had to have that when going for medicals.

2- my case number is so small and I am from asia. What can I do now? Just waiting until October?
I already sent forms to kcc and paid the dv fee and I recived confirmation email from kcc. Can I go for medical now?

I-485 for DV selectee, application type?

Hi,
In form I-485, Part II, which application type should a DV selectee choose?
Is it letter "a"? If so, what is the approval notice that should be attached?

I-485 for DV selectee, application type?

This thread is for the lucky DV-2014 winners who are already in the US and plan on filing for Adjustment of Status. You can also find useful information from the DV 2009 - 2013 AOS threads. Post your questions here and other forum members who have already gone through the process will be more than happy to share their experiences and provide information/guidance.

All the best to you all!

Hi,

Select 'H' for the principal applicant and type/write "DV Lottery Winner. Notification letter attached"

Hi,

2. Check the August VB which should be released anytime from next week, and if your CN falls within the range of the released numbers, you send in your package at the end of Sept. Between now and Oct, you can start filling out your forms and make sure you have all the documents you need to include with your application.

Is there any specific time? or it can be anytime in the next week?

Usually, they say the 15th, most times it comes out before the 15th, so keep checking.

Plus there's a thread in the forum where someone has promised to post the cut-off numbers once he's confirmed them from KCC, so you can check that thread too before the numbers are officially released.

Is there any specific time? or it can be anytime in the next week?

Select 'H' for the principal applicant and type/write "DV Lottery Winner. Notification letter attached"

Thanks for your reply.

1- Then, what should I attach to the form? Shall I attach the letter that I have received from KCCDV (after initial processing of my documents)?

2- Does my spouse need to fill in and send an I-485 (beside the form I-485 that I'm filing as the principal applicant)?

3- Is there any link or guideline demonstrating all steps needed to send a successful AOS (including required supportng documents and medical examination documents)?
I have no idea what are the supporting documents that I should have in hand (or prepare from now)?
Also where should I go for medical examination? What are the the medical tests that I should undergo? Is there any specific clinic or health center that I should refer to?

Currently my spouse and I, are both on F1 visa (student visa). I'm the DV winner.

According to USCIS, there exist 7 steps for Adjustment of Status (as written below), but I don't uderstand step 2!!! Are DV winners required to go through step 2? Would you plz explain this for me?

1. Determine Your Basis to Immigrate
2. File the Immigrant Petition
3. Check Visa Availability
4. File Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residency or Adjust Status
5. Go to your Application Support Center appointment (fingerprints)
6. Go to your interview (if applicable)
7. Get you final decision in the mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Response below:

Thanks for your reply.

1- Then, what should I attach to the form? Shall I attach the letter that I have received from KCCDV (after initial processing of my documents)? - Attach a copy of your selection notification letter - that is the letter your saw online informing you that you've been selected for further processing

2- Does my spouse need to fill in and send an I-485 (beside the form I-485 that I'm filing as the principal applicant)? - Yes, all derivatives have to fill out and submit form I-485 in addition to the principal applicant.

3- Is there any link or guideline demonstrating all steps needed to send a successful AOS (including required supportng documents and medical examination documents)?
I have no idea what are the supporting documents that I should have in hand (or prepare from now)? - See list below

Also where should I go for medical examination? What are the the medical tests that I should undergo? Is there any specific clinic or health center that I should refer to? - There are USCIS designated surgeons, see the following links for more information about designated surgeons:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=271e6138f898d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=271e6138f898d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

and how to locate a Civil Surgeon in your area:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Currently my spouse and I, are both on F1 visa (student visa). I'm the DV winner.

According to USCIS, there exist 7 steps for Adjustment of Status (as written below), but I don't uderstand step 2!!! Are DV winners required to go through step 2? Would you plz explain this for me?

1. Determine Your Basis to Immigrate
2. File the Immigrant Petition - Not applicable to DV based AOS, so ignore it
3. Check Visa Availability
4. File Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residency or Adjust Status
5. Go to your Application Support Center appointment (fingerprints)
6. Go to your interview (if applicable)
7. Get you final decision in the mail

Principal Applicant
• 1st Notification Letter
• 2nd Notification Letter
• DOS Payment Receipt
• AOS Fee - $1070 (Personal Check/Money Order)
• I-485 Form
• I-693 Form (Envelope sealed and signed/initialed across by Medical Practitioner)
• G-325 Form - Biographic Information
• G-1145 Form - E-Notification
• I-765 Form – Employment Authorization (Optional)
• I-130 Form – Advanced Parole (Optional)
• School Diploma(s) – Photocopies
• Birth Certificate – Photocopy
• I-94 – Photocopy
• Employment Letter – Photocopy (if applicable)
• International Passport – Photocopy of Biographic Page, Visa Page – if applicable
• I-797 Notice of Action – Indicating Current Visa Status – if applicable
• 2 Current Passport Photos
• Military Records (if applicable)

Applicant’s Spouse
• I-485 Form
• I-693 Form (Envelope sealed and signed/initialed across by Medical Practitioner)
• Marriage Certificate - Photocopy
• I-94 – Photocopy
• International Passport – Photocopy of Biographic Page, Visa Page – if applicable

Applicant’s Child/Children
• I-485 Form
• I-94 – Photocopy

Response below:

Principal Applicant
• 1st Notification Letter
• 2nd Notification Letter
• DOS Payment Receipt
• I-485 Form
• School Diploma(s) – Photocopies
• I-94 – Photocopy
• Employment Letter – Photocopy (if applicable)

Applicant’s Spouse
• I-485 Form
• Marriage Certificate - Photocopy
• I-94 – Photocopy

Applicant’s Child/Children
• I-485 Form
• I-94 – Photocopy

THANKS A LOT!
Would plz clarify these items:
• 1st Notification Letter:
do you mean the first notification from www.dvlottery.state.gov, where I was first noticed that I've been selected?

• 2nd Notification Letter:
do you mean the letter that I have received (or will receive) from KCCDV (after initial submission of forms DSP-122 and DS-230)?

• DOS Payment Receipt:
are u referring to $330 fee (per person) for DV that should be paid to Department of State?

• I-797 Notice of Action – Indicating Current Visa Status:
I have no idea what do you mean by this? How can I find this form and whether for my case it's optional or required?

Would u plz answer this question as well:
Do I need a bank statement or Affidavit of Support showing any specific amount of money in my bank account (here in the U.S or in my home country)?
If so, how much minimum it should be?

hi guys

I have two questions. I am doing AOS. I am from Asia and my number is small.

1- Do you know when would be the approximate date of my interview?

2- I am preparing medical form for i485. In the form in the address section it is mentioned "home address". So far the addresses I used was my mail address which was the office in my school. What should I do right now? I have to put my home address? I heard it is not good if all addresses in all forms are not the same. Is it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.