• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

Have any of you heard of someone's case was rejected during the interview? And if yes, what could be a reason/reasons why this could happen?

Hi all, just discovered this forum today. I am a selectee for DV2014. My CN is 2014AS000019XX.
Currently I am on L1A which expires 31st Oct 2013. This are my questions.

1. I have not submitted my DP122 as I saw from the DV website. After reading I plan to submit tomorrow by post. I am also going to attach the payment for the processing

2. Since my kids are studying here in high school, I prefer to do a AOS here. Except for 2013, every other year my no comes in the 1st mth. I was planning to submit I485 if my no appears for Oct. My employer is planning to file for me H1B1 visa depending on certain business developments that will become know in early Oct. My question is if I file the i485 in Oct (assumption my no is in Oct), after expiry of L1 Visa if my company never apply for H1, am I still in status pending my i485 outcome?

This is a great forum :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, just discovered this forum today. I am a selectee for DV2014. My CN is 2014AS000019XX.
Currently I am on L1A which expires 31st Oct 2013. This are my questions.

1. I have not submitted my DP122 as I saw from the DV website. After reading I plan to submit tomorrow by post. I am also going to attach the payment for the processing

2. Since my kids are studying here in high school, I prefer to do a AOS here. Except for 2013, every other year my no comes in the 1st mth. I was planning to submit I485 if my no appears for Oct. My employer is planning to file for me H1B1 visa depending on certain business developments that will become know in early Oct. My question is if I file the i485 in Oct (assumption my no is in Oct), after expiry of L1 Visa if my company never apply for H1, am I still in status pending my i485 outcome?

This is a great forum :)

I do not have any idea about your second question. But for the first question; just be careful that you need to send your DS 122 to KCC and your payment to Missouri. Do not Send both of them to KCC. You can find the Missouri address in dv website.

I do not have any idea about your second question. But for the first question; just be careful that you need to send your DS 122 to KCC and your payment to Missouri. Do not Send both of them to KCC. You can find the Missouri address in dv website.

Thanks for your advice. I have send the 122 to KCC and the payment to Missouri.

Reading the interviews, it looks like my CN should be current in Oct :)

Hoping everything works out peacefully.

DV 2014 selectee, need 2year HRR waiver

Hi,

first of all: many thanks to those who are making this forum such a valuable collection of informations.

I was selected for DV2014 back in May. I am on a J1 visa in the USA, my DS2019 is valid until 12/2014. I have asked DoS for an advisory opinion upon my 2y home residence rule status, and unfortunately I just found out that I am subject to the HRR (both my visa and my DS2019 said I was not). OK, now I have to get a waiver, which shoould take me around 8 weeks.

My questions:

- should I wait with processing the DV forms until I have the waiver, or should I fill out DSP122 and send it to KCC? Honestly, I would prefer to start the process only when i have the waiver in hand, but I don't know what happens if I wait that long.

- initially my intention was to opt or CP, since my number is not very low (EU***224**), however, in this case I have to fill out DS230 which specifically asks, if I am a J1 holder who has not fulfilled the HRR. This made me think, it might be wiser t opt for AOS or to wait until i HAVE the waiver and then file the documents with KCC and opt for CP

What do you think?

Thank you!

What is the email id from which KCC emails the confirmation for receiving of DS forms. I sent mine in May and haven't received anything yet.

May be its in SPAM folder . Can anyone give me the mail id to search for ?

What is the email id from which KCC emails the confirmation for receiving of DS forms. I sent mine in May and haven't received anything yet.

May be its in SPAM folder . Can anyone give me the mail id to search for ?

Same here, I haven't received anything either.

They don't send a confirmation of receipt email UNLESS you email them to ask them (which takes weeks for a reply).

They haven't sent anything to me either yet. Probably they do not have any plan to send instruction email anymore. This is my understanding from the contact that I have had with them.

They don't send a confirmation of receipt email UNLESS you email them to ask them (which takes weeks for a reply).

They DO send email confirmation to AOS selectees. That's is where all these talks of not receiving email confirmations started from. In the past, some CP selectees saw email confirmation in the signature portion of AOS candidates profiles and started fretting about wether or not their forms were received, and they had to email KCC for this confirmation. Now everybody assume they will get an email confirmation and they begin to panic when it seems non forthcoming.

For the 2014 AOS selectees worried about not having received their email confirmation I suggest you check out the profiles of people from 2013 and previous years to get a feel for how long it might take to received this email from KCC. (On a side note, I do know of a 2014 selectee that has already received the confirmation email and further instructions on the next step of action).

They DO send email confirmation to AOS selectees. That's is where all these talks of not receiving email confirmations started from. In the past, some CP selectees saw email confirmation in the signature portion of AOS candidates profiles and started fretting about wether or not their forms were received, and they had to email KCC for this confirmation. Now everybody assume they will get an email confirmation and they begin to panic when it seems non forthcoming.

For the 2014 AOS selectees worried about not having received their email confirmation I suggest you check out the profiles of people from 2013 and previous years to get a feel for how long it might take to received this email from KCC. (On a side note, I do know of a 2014 selectee that has already received the confirmation email and further instructions on the next step of action).

AHHH! Thanks for that Sm1smom!

I have a question about the person who has received the instruction email. Is that the email that has 2 attachments? Because by know I got 2 emails from KCC. They mention that I need to pay DV fee. But there is no attachment to it.

Getting maried AFTER the DV lottery results?

Hello all,

My girlfriend won the DV 2014 lottery (CN EU < 22000), and since she and I are already in the USA (J1 visa ending end of September 2014), we would be willing to go through AOS.

We have been together for 2,5 years and we are planning to get married at the end of the summer, prior to sending any document to the KCC / USCIS.

I have carefully read every reply to this thread but I couldn't find the answer to my questions regarding our marriage (I did see some marriage-related answers but for people married prior to applying, or before the DV Lottery results).

To get to the point, our questions are:

• Is anybody aware of any risk for getting married AFTER the DV lottery results and going through AOS?
  • We are planning to send the DSP-122 and two DS-230 forms (one for each of us) to KCC after our wedding to update our situation, is this the correct procedure?

Regarding the truthfulness of the wedding, we have plenty of documents proving that we have been living together for more than 2 years, thus we are pretty confident regarding this matter.

What we really need is advice on how to act with everything (wedding, sending of documents, ...) not to make any mistake during the process.

Thank you everyone for any advice allowing us to increase our chances!

Looks like you're on the right track so far with your indicated plan. However, both of you being on J visas, are you under the 2 years home stay requirement? If yes, hope you know you need to get the necessary waiver before you can file for AOS.

Regarding your (not so) peculiar case - getting married after DV selection and opting to do AOS, there were a couple of people on the 2013 thread who were in the same situation and successfully processed their AOS. You can read of their experience on the DV2013 AOS thread.

Hello all,

My girlfriend won the DV 2014 lottery (CN EU < 22000), and since she and I are already in the USA (J1 visa ending end of September 2014), we would be willing to go through AOS.

We have been together for 2,5 years and we are planning to get married at the end of the summer, prior to sending any document to the KCC / USCIS.

I have carefully read every reply to this thread but I couldn't find the answer to my questions regarding our marriage (I did see some marriage-related answers but for people married prior to applying, or before the DV Lottery results).

To get to the point, our questions are:

• Is anybody aware of any risk for getting married AFTER the DV lottery results and going through AOS?
  • We are planning to send the DSP-122 and two DS-230 forms (one for each of us) to KCC after our wedding to update our situation, is this the correct procedure?

Regarding the truthfulness of the wedding, we have plenty of documents proving that we have been living together for more than 2 years, thus we are pretty confident regarding this matter.

What we really need is advice on how to act with everything (wedding, sending of documents, ...) not to make any mistake during the process.

Thank you everyone for any advice allowing us to increase our chances!

Thank you Sm1smom for your quick answer, it's reassuring.

I will definitely look for more info in the previous AoS thread, I did not make enough search in all those pages yet.

We are not under the 2 years rules, no worries on this side!

However, I was looking at the stats of pasts years in the google-spreasheets files provided in this thread and realized that Boston office (we live in greater Boston area) can take up to 3 - 4 months to schedule an interview. My girlfriend's CN is likely to become current in April/May 2014, that could be tricky.

Do you know if it is possible to choose the office dealing with our case, or if it is directly linked to our residence address?
I ask especially because I saw that the Lawrence (MA) office is much less busy, having the choice could accelerate the process by many weeks.

We are gathering all possible information and we still didn't totally rejected CP (other key point is my brother's wedding next summer, we want to be able to get back to Europe and then re enter the USA to finish our J1 trainee).

Thanks again for the help you provide in this forum!

Twiny41,

Unfortunately, you can not handpick a preferred FO. Yes, your FO is tied to your home address. If you live in any of the following counties: Barnstable, Berkshire, Bristol, Dukes, Essex,Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire, Middlesex, Nantucket, Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk, and Worcester, you're stuck with the Boston FO.

One thing you can however do is to try and send in your I-485 about 1 month before your current date - if your case becomes current in May, you may want to send in your package in April (including the VB indicating May as your current date), if you're lucky, USCIS will accept it (they've been known to reject and return packages filed ahead of time).

Take note that if you decide to do AOS and you travel after submitting your I-485, your application would be considered abandoned unless you have an approved AP card prior to taking the trip.

Good luck!

Hello All,

Now I have received the confirmation email from KCC. I should mention that my case number is pretty low (2014ASXXXX1XXX) and I have sent my documents in May 2nd. So don't worry if you have not received it yet.

I should mention that the email has one attachment. I think because I already sent the DV fee.

Another thing is I have provided different email in my DS 122 than the email that I entered during registration for lottery. But they have sent the email to the email that I wrote in Ds 122.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on getting the much awaited email response. I'm sorry I missed your previous post, I wasn't ignoring your question, I just somehow didn't see it before now.

Hello All,

Now I have received the confirmation email from KCC. I should mention that my case number is pretty low (2014ASXXXX1XXX) and I have sent my documents in May 2nd. So don't worry if you have not received it yet.

I should mention that the email has one attachment. I think because I already sent the DV fee.

Another thing is I have provided different email in my DS 122 than the email that I entered during registration for lottery. But they have sent the email to the email that I wrote in Ds 122.

Status
Not open for further replies.