• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the requirements of AOS is being in continous legal status up till the time of interview. So having 2 different applications with USCIS shouldn't be an issue. The H visa is a dual intent visa. If your GC applicant concludes before the the H1/H4 extension application, you can ask the IO at the time of your interview on how to withdraw that application.

Cool. Thank you. Being in Bloomington IL and coming under Chicago FO, I doubt my GC interview will be happenin before H1B/H4 extension, But I will keep this in mind.

Thanks again Sm1smom

AOS next steps - to KCC or not to KCC, and other questions

So I've been selected for DV-2014 (yey), with a rather high AS number (in the 12*** IIRC) but I'm going for AOS anyway to avoid the hassle of CP (I'm in the US with my H4 family), as I am on H1B (second year) and employer will extend it as needed, and I'm also waiting on a EB3ROW (with approved I-140), and will probably move to EB2ROW towards the end of next year, so at worse I will be getting the GC later in other means.

the question is as such - on the DV2014 explanation webpage, they say that:
If USCIS confirms your eligibility to adjust status you should print this message and take it to your local USCIS office. USCIS will provide instructions on how to proceed. It will not be necessary for you to contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for any further information or instructions if you are eligible and apply to adjust status in the U.S.​
I see that people here (from DV2013) were sending DS-122+pics+barcode to KCC. but from the text it looks redundant.

questions:
1. Should I be safe to simply pay the fee, and wait for the number to be current to go AOS?
2. As my number would become current rather late, I wonder what can be done to make things faster:
2.a. can I do the physicals (and biometrics) beforehand somehow? how can I get the forms for that?
2.b. How do I know where to send the I-485 (and AP and EAD) to exactly?
2.c. If lets say, on early May, when the June bulletin is published, I see that my number is to be current at July. when can I actually send the AOS (I485)? early May, day-before 6/1, or day before 7/1?

super thanks in advance to all the good advice and friendly manners you go by on this forum.

So I've been selected for DV-2014 (yey), with a rather high AS number (in the 12*** IIRC) but I'm going for AOS anyway to avoid the hassle of CP (I'm in the US with my H4 family), as I am on H1B (second year) and employer will extend it as needed, and I'm also waiting on a EB3ROW (with approved I-140), and will probably move to EB2ROW towards the end of next year, so at worse I will be getting the GC later in other means.

the question is as such - on the DV2014 explanation webpage, they say that:
If USCIS confirms your eligibility to adjust status you should print this message and take it to your local USCIS office. USCIS will provide instructions on how to proceed. It will not be necessary for you to contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for any further information or instructions if you are eligible and apply to adjust status in the U.S.​
I see that people here (from DV2013) were sending DS-122+pics+barcode to KCC. but from the text it looks redundant.

questions:
1. Should I be safe to simply pay the fee, and wait for the number to be current to go AOS?
2. As my number would become current rather late, I wonder what can be done to make things faster:
2.a. can I do the physicals (and biometrics) beforehand somehow? how can I get the forms for that?
2.b. How do I know where to send the I-485 (and AP and EAD) to exactly?
2.c. If lets say, on early May, when the June bulletin is published, I see that my number is to be current at July. when can I actually send the AOS (I485)? early May, day-before 6/1, or day before 7/1?

super thanks in advance to all the good advice and friendly manners you go by on this forum.

There was a huge debate last year and early this year as to the need for AOS applicants sending in DSP-122. The majority consensus has been send it in (by the way, it's not only DV2013 applicants that did this). Sending in DSP-122 is the only way KCC gets to know of your intention to proceed with your selection. But the choice is yours, you can opt to not send it in with the bar code of your selection notification letter.

You can make the DV administrative fee and do medical exam ahead of time, but be aware that the medical has to be valid at the time of your interview (it has a 1 year validity). No, you can not do biometrics ahead of time, it will only be scheduled after your 1-485 package is received.

If you'r number is high and you CN is likely to become current towards the end of the FY, you can send in your package about 1 month ahead of your scheduled current date. But be aware that USCIS has been known to sometimes reject and send back applications sent in early, and they've sometimes accepted such.

Email from KCC about DV lottery fee payment

Hi everyone.

I just called KCC again (I called at the end of May) to inquire about whether I should pay the DV lottery fee now, despite not having received an email instructing me to do so (it has been over two months).
The lady I spoke with told me I can go ahead and do it now (since my paperwork has been received and is processing) or I can wait until my number becomes current (this will reduce the risk of losing the fee in the event my number does not become current in time).
She also told me that they DO NOT send any emails with instructions for payment or further steps. So for those of us who were waiting on that, we need to go ahead and make the decision of when to pay without an email from KCC.

However, one thing to keep in mind is that the AoS packet you send in when your number becomes current needs to include the receipt for payment (which is mailed back to us after payment if received) so I suggest paying the DV fee at least a month before your number becomes current (especially if you are trying to mail in your paperwork on the very first of the month that your number is current)

Last edited by a moderator:
Contents of AoS packets (forms to file)

Hi Everyone:
Quick question about the contents of the AoS packet.

Do students (on student visas) need to fill out the following:
1. I-765: Application for Employment Authorization
2. I-131: Application for Travel Document (advance parole)

I am not sure of the purpose of these forms (even after reading about them on the USCIS website). Can anyone help?

Spice2013,

The person you spoke with misinformed you (yes, KCC workers have been known to give misleading or contradicting information in the past).

For those who sent in DSP-122, KCC will email you back acknowledging their awareness of your AOS intention. That email will contain instructions for making the DV administrative processing fee and the needed attachment form to use in making the payment. This payment form will serve as the receipt to be included in your I-485 package. Of course you guys don't have to wait to hear back from KCC before making this payment especially if you have a low CN. Remember, it could take about 2-4 weeks to get the payment receipt back. I posted a link a couple of pages back on this thread for instructions on how to make your payment.

Hi Everyone:
Quick question about the contents of the AoS packet.

Do students (on student visas) need to fill out the following:
1. I-765: Application for Employment Authorization
2. I-131: Application for Travel Document (advance parole)

I am not sure of the purpose of these forms (even after reading about them on the USCIS website). Can anyone help?

1. Probably not a good idea for F1 visa holders to include the EAD form with their AOS package.

2. Not necessarily unless you plan on traveling out of the country after you send in your I-485 package. Traveling out of the country with a pending AOS application without an approved AP card causes your application to be considered abandoned.

Does anyone know how you find out where your Field office is. I live in Lafayette, IN, so I am not sure whether it's in Chicago or Indianapolis. Thank you! :)

2014 DV AOS September Visa bulletin prediction

My Case number : EU00007****

With visa bulletin , a few days away ( Comes in first week of August ) , Wondering if it will be current in October itself or another month or so.

In past years , for EU used to be around 10000 for Oct but last year went only about 5000 and then started increasing by 2000 per month. Was it unusual or will this trend continue this year also.

Any predictions for EU and other regions ?

With visa bulletin , a few days away ( Comes in first week of August ) , Wondering if it will be current in October itself or another month or so.

In past years , for EU used to be around 10000 for Oct but last year went only about 5000 and then started increasing by 2000 per month. Was it unusual or will this trend continue this year also.

Most likely before the end of this year.

Hello All,

Fortunately, I am one of the winners of DV2014. I sent my forms early in May and it was confirmed by KCC that they have received my forms. I also sent DV fee in July and got the receipt back after about two weeks. Today i called KCC and asked whether we should wait for their instruction email or not. A mam on the phone told me that they are not gonna send me any email until my case become current. In that time, I would receive an instruction email. From my point of view, in the mid August, the people who become current will receive the emails that indicate the instruction for AOS. Probably they have received many complaints from the people who did not become current but paid DV fee. I should say again that this my understanding and this not necessarily true.

Your case is 7*** and not 7****, right?

Hello All,

Fortunately, I am one of the winners of DV2014. I sent my forms early in May and it was confirmed by KCC that they have received my forms. I also sent DV fee in July and got the receipt back after about two weeks. Today i called KCC and asked whether we should wait for their instruction email or not. A mam on the phone told me that they are not gonna send me any email until my case become current. In that time, I would receive an instruction email. From my point of view, in the mid August, the people who become current will receive the emails that indicate the instruction for AOS. Probably they have received many complaints from the people who did not become current but paid DV fee. I should say again that this my understanding and this not necessarily true.

after how long did KCC confirm receiving your documents? I sent my DS-122 on June 12th, I haven't heard anything back yet.

after how long did KCC confirm receiving your documents? I sent my DS-122 on June 12th, I haven't heard anything back yet.

I think after 25 days I called them and they confirmed that they have received the forms on the phone. But I did not received any email yet too. They did not send anything to me themselves.

hello from greece

hi im a 2014 selectee with cn 2014EU00017***.
i sent the forms to the kcc the first week of july...was i too late? im a little conserned.. when will i receive an email from them? do i have to do something else before they email me? such as pay fees?
thanks! :cool:
i just remembered that i didnt include a stamp on the envelope with my adress!is that a problem?

i sent the forms to the kcc the first week of july...was i too late? im a little conserned.. when will i receive an email from them? do i have to do something else before they email me? such as pay fees?
i just remembered that i didnt include a stamp on the envelope with my adress!is that a problem?

Cathrine,

This thread, as well as the ones from the previous years has the answers to all of your questions. I suggest that you read them carefully. Many people put lots of effort to make this forum helpful.

1. No you are not too late - your case number means you won't be processed intil early next year.
2. You won't get an email to confirm receipt from them unless you email them. You will get an email from them around Jan/Feb 2014 to setup an appointment for interview.
3. You don't have to do anything else at the moment - and you pay fees later.
4. I don't know what envelope you mean - as long as the envelope you sent the forms in has a stamp you should be fine.

As Fiefia rightly said, now you have time to relax, and read the forum.

Congratulations and welcome!

gruping stood

thanks!this site is really really helpful ;)
its my first time i participate in the lottery and general in visas procudure and im totally lost :(
my english isnt so good and i dont know anyone here can help me!
i feel extremely lucky to be a selectee so im going to figure out everything step by step!
thank you-greetings from greece :cool: :cool:

thanks!this site is really really helpful ;)
its my first time i participate in the lottery and general in visas procudure and im totally lost :(
my english isnt so good and i dont know anyone here can help me!
i feel extremely lucky to be a selectee so im going to figure out everything step by step!
thank you-greetings from greece :cool: :cool:

Cathrine,

Your English is just fine! :) Don't worry about it and don't be afraid to ask questions. That's what we all are doing here and believe me, we all have lots of them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.