• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
mdv2014;2640717[B said:
]I think they just send the 2NL for the people who may become current in Oct.[/B] This is what KCC told me when I called them. If you tell us about your case number in encrypted form it'll be possible to make a judgment about this statement.

Not quite. For AOS, all those who sent in DSP -122 will receive the 2NL based on when their forms were received and not based on when they're likely to become current. The KCC contact that told you they send 2NL based on CN misinformed you probably because they had no idea of the process, or they thought you were doing CP since that is the process for CP - interview letters are sent out to those doing CP based on when their CN will become current. When calling KCC, via phone calls or email, it is important to clarify the process one is pursuing.

Would you plz clarify bellow issue for me:

• DOS Payment Receipt

In post #659,
You have mentioned that DOS payment receipt should be included in the package that I'll send to USCIS lock box (in Chicago). However, instruction on the fee payment receipt, which I received from KCCDV, is stating that: "you must present this receipt to USCIS at the time of your adjustment interview." It also states that: "once USCIS has accepeted your file fill out th receipt form ... and mail it along with your cashiers check or U.S postal money order ... to the address below: U.S Department of States, ....., Missouri ...." !

So, if it seems that I should include in copy of DOS payment receipt (not the original DOS payment receipt) in the package that I send to USCIS lock bos in Chicago. Is my understanding this correct?
Plz correct me if I'm not.
Thanks

Ok, for clarification purpose, include a COPY of your payment receipt in the package you will be sending to the Chicago Lockbox, and keep the original copy with you. The truth is, it doesn't make any difference whether you include a copy or the original, as long as the copy is clear and legible. There are people who have sent in copies of the receipt and couldn't locate the original copy of the receipt as at the time of their interview, they showed up with the copy, and no issue was made out of that. The important thing is to make sure you always have a copy (copies) for your own record.

You can take it a step further by scanning and saving the payment receipt once you get it back from DOS. Every time you print out the scanned copy, it will always look like the original anyways.

Ok, I should have written check the September VB which will be released in August. The "C" section (sometimes referred to as the Advance Notification Section) will begin to provide information on the cut-off numbers for the 2014 fiscal year. So yes, from around mid August, DV 2014 selectees will begin to get an idea of when they might become current.

The 2013 visa release was low and quite unusual at the beginning for Asia in particular, so it's hard to kind of tell what the progression rate might be like for 2014. So if they go by the progression rate of 2013, you could be current in January, but the VB for 2010 - 2012 puts your number as being current in October. Again, things will become a bit more clear following the release of the Sept VB in the next couple of days.

@Sm1smom:
Thanks, but again, I think August bulletin would contain no information about 2014 DV selectees in in section C (Advance Notification) because section C is supposed to contain information about September, containing information about 2013 DV selectees!
But bulletin, which will be published in 15 September, is supposed to contain information about 2014 DV selectees in it's section C (that is: Section C of that bulletin will show first round cut off numbers for 2014 DV selectees for October!).
I'm telling this according to previous year's bulletins.
Plz check that out and let me know if I'm not right. Thanks.

Response below:

Principal Applicant
• 1st Notification Letter
• 2nd Notification Letter
• DOS Payment Receipt
• AOS Fee - $1070 (Personal Check/Money Order)
• I-485 Form
• I-693 Form (Envelope sealed and signed/initialed across by Medical Practitioner)
• G-325 Form - Biographic Information
• G-1145 Form - E-Notification
• I-765 Form – Employment Authorization (Optional)
• I-130 Form – Advanced Parole (Optional)
• School Diploma(s) – Photocopies
• Birth Certificate – Photocopy
• I-94 – Photocopy
• Employment Letter – Photocopy (if applicable)
• International Passport – Photocopy of Biographic Page, Visa Page – if applicable
• I-797 Notice of Action – Indicating Current Visa Status – if applicable
• 2 Current Passport Photos
• Military Records (if applicable)

Applicant’s Spouse
• I-485 Form
• I-693 Form (Envelope sealed and signed/initialed across by Medical Practitioner)
• I-765 Form – Employment Authorization (Optional)
• Marriage Certificate - Photocopy
• I-94 – Photocopy
• International Passport – Photocopy of Biographic Page, Visa Page – if applicable
• Military Records (if applicable)

Applicant’s Child/Children
• I-485 Form
• I-94 – Photocopy

Should the copies you mentioned be certified copies or just simple copies?
Photos should be similar (in terms of to the photos we sent to KCCDV? Right?
Last time I used this link as the guideline for photos (though I'm not sure if the photographer followed exactly each requirement):
http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/visaphotoreq_5334.html (Additional Requirements for the Diversity Visa (DV) Program).

I think you need to take another look at my post. I wrote September bulletin, but it will be released in August (in the next couple of days as a matter). Bulletins are always released a month ahead.

You can either take my word for it and check the VB page for the Sept bulletin which will be released in August or you wait until Sept to check the VB that will be released that month. I think this issue is already over-flogged so I will not be posting with regards to it again.

If you bother to go over the past AOS threads like I recommended, most of the things you're still having issues with would have become clearer and made a lot more sense to you.

@Sm1smom:
Thanks, but again, I think August bulletin would contain no information about 2014 DV selectees in in section C (Advance Notification) because section C is supposed to contain information about September, containing information about 2013 DV selectees!
But bulletin, which will be published in 15 September, is supposed to contain information about 2014 DV selectees in it's section C (that is: Section C of that bulletin will show first round cut off numbers for 2014 DV selectees for October!).
I'm telling this according to previous year's bulletins.
Plz check that out and let me know if I'm not right. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you need to take another look at my post. I wrote September bulletin, but it will be released in August (in the next couple of days as a matter). Bulletins are always released a month ahead.

You can either take my word for it and check the VB page for the Sept bulletin which will be released in August or you wait until Sept to check the VB that will be released that month. I think this issue is already over-flogged so I will not be posting with regards to it again.

If you bother to go over the past AOS threads like I recommended, most of the things you're still having issues with would have become clearer and made a lot more sense to you.

Yes, this issue is already over. I didn't mean to irritate or reject your statement, my intention was sharing of information!
Thanks A LOT for your time and attention. You helped me a lot here.

And I'm glad to have been of help to you, I just don't care for back and forth over one issue.

Good luck!

Hi,
I won DV lottery with case number 2014AS00008***. I submitted DS122 in May and received email from KCC for the fee payment yesterday. A letter was also attached with that email. It was written that: "You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status. You may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status from October 1, 2013 until September 30, 2014. DV - 2014 immigrant visa status is only valid through that date."

I do not understand what does it mean. Should I send the second notification letter to USCIS office?

Hi,
I won DV lottery with case number 2014AS00008***. I submitted DS122 in May and received email from KCC for the fee payment yesterday. A letter was also attached with that email. It was written that: "You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status. You may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status from October 1, 2013 until September 30, 2014. DV - 2014 immigrant visa status is only valid through that date."

I do not understand what does it mean. Should I send the second notification letter to USCIS office?

You will need to include the DV Notification letter with your I-485 package when you apply for AOS. Please go over this thread from the first page (and the DV 2013 AOS thread) to better familiarize yourself with the AOS process.

You will need to include the DV Notification letter with your I-485 package when you apply for AOS. Please go over this thread from the first page (and the DV 2013 AOS thread) to better familiarize yourself with the AOS process.

Thank you for the reply. What I should do now is pay $330 DV processing fee, right? Submit the I-485 package when my number becomes current.

Yes, that is correct.

I am confused.. As far as I know, I am supposed to send I-485 package to chicago lock box, right? But adjustment letter mentioned to file form I-485 with the local USCIS office.. What does that mean?

I am confused.. As far as I know, I am supposed to send I-485 package to chicago lock box, right? But adjustment letter mentioned to file form I-485 with the local USCIS office.. What does that mean?

You will send your I-485 package to the Chicago Lockbox. From there, the Lockbox identifies your package as a DV case, a cover-sheet will be placed on your file indicating that the application is a DV case and sent to the National Benefit Center. NBC will then sort and ship your file to the applicable FO which will now handle your case.

Not sending an updated form, with the selectee notification attached, or correcting the errors on the previously submitted form, will not impact your AOS process in anyway, as far as I know, since KCC will not be processing the case. However, if I was in your shoes, I would fill out another set of forms, attach the notification letter and email the items to KCC just for my own peace of mind. So if you decide to send updated forms, be sure to correct the error mentioned and any other one you might have made.

Should I email my forms or regular usps mail is ok?

2nd notification email

Hello everybody,

My case number is EU00010XXX.
I am going through adjustment of status. I sent required forms to KCC around May 15. And as I know, I should receive an e-mail from KCC. Could you please tell me who send this confirmation E-mail (KCC or someone else). I called KCC today and they told that they do not send anything. And let me wait until my Case Number becomes current, and then talk to UCIS. But as i see, some of you have already received these e-mails.

However, my problem could be that when I applied for the lottery (last year), I wrote the e-mail address that is obsoleted now. So I called KCC to change it. KCC changed it successfully, But the issue is that they could have sent this message to the obsoleted e-mail address.

Could anyone give me an advice how to handle my problem.
Thank you.

I think they just send the 2NL for the people who may become current in Oct. This is what KCC told me when I called them. If you tell us about your case number in encrypted form it'll be possible to make a judgment about this statement.

I think so. I only send my D122 on 23rd July (thanks to me finding this forum) and was rec'd at KCC on 26th July. Today (Aug 6) i got an email from them telling me I need to make payment and do file the i485 when my no become current. Mine is 2014AS000019xx.

Did you email or mail your form?

I think so. I only send my D122 on 23rd July (thanks to me finding this forum) and was rec'd at KCC on 26th July. Today (Aug 6) i got an email from them telling me I need to make payment and do file the i485 when my no become current. Mine is 2014AS000019xx.

Hello everybody,

My case number is EU00010XXX.
I am going through adjustment of status. I sent required forms to KCC around May 15. And as I know, I should receive an e-mail from KCC. Could you please tell me who send this confirmation E-mail (KCC or someone else). I called KCC today and they told that they do not send anything. And let me wait until my Case Number becomes current, and then talk to UCIS. But as i see, some of you have already received these e-mails. -KCC sends the email confirmation (and contrary to what someone may say on the phone, they still send email confirmation to those doing AOS).

However, my problem could be that when I applied for the lottery (last year), I wrote the e-mail address that is obsoleted now. So I called KCC to change it. KCC changed it successfully, But the issue is that they could have sent this message to the obsoleted e-mail address. - I'm surprised KCC "change" the email address over the phone. I highly doubt the change was indeed efffected. YOur confirmation and payment instruction would most likely go to the email address they have on record - that is the one you used for the eDV registration.

Could anyone give me an advice how to handle my problem. - However, not receiving the email confirmation is not a show spoiler (if you're no longer able to access the email account). It just means you will not be able to include the 2NL with your I-485 package and not having it isn't likely to be an issue at the time of your interview.

Thank you.

The 2NL usually says KCC will no longer be processing your case and that you should contact your local FO for adjustment of status. It also comes with an attached payment form and the instructions for making your payment. I already posted the link to the form and the payment instruction within the first couple of pages of this thread (somewhere between pages 3-5 I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.