• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so. I only send my D122 on 23rd July (thanks to me finding this forum) and was rec'd at KCC on 26th July. Today (Aug 6) i got an email from them telling me I need to make payment and do file the i485 when my no become current. Mine is 2014AS000019xx.

Thanks for helping me to make that conclusion. Based on the information that we have from other people that they sent their documents much earlier than you and they have not received their email yet, we can conclude that case number of time of visa availability has a significant effect on the date of receiving 2NL.

2nd confirmation letter

The 2NL usually says KCC will no longer be processing your case and that you should contact your local FO for adjustment of status. It also comes with an attached payment form and the instructions for making your payment. I already posted the link to the form and the payment instruction within the first couple of pages of this thread (somewhere between pages 3-5 I think).

Thank you for your response.

Before changing Email, they asked me to confirm my old one. So that was not a problem.
Do you now if there is any private information in the 2nd confirmation email? I mean with the name of selectee or his case number? If not, and they send everybody the same letter, could you please tell me what they wrote there? Cause I should know next steps to process.

I have already made a payment and received a stamped receipt.

I completely agree. I sent my forms on June 12th, my case # is EU10XXX and last time I called they said it is not processed yet.

Thanks for helping me to make that conclusion. Based on the information that we have from other people that they sent their documents much earlier than you and they have not received their email yet, we can conclude that case number of time of visa availability has a significant effect on the date of receiving 2NL.

My guess is you should be ok using your departmental addressing as your mailing address in all the forms, but I think you should put your camp/home address anywhere it specifically says home address. I doubt they pay much attention to the address on the medical form anyway.

I just quickly went through other forms to look what are needed as addresses. in i485 form they ask for "address" which I can still put my department address where I receive my letters. in g325 form it is mentioned "applicant residence last five years,list present address first". Can I still use my department address here too? or it should be home address?

right now from my i485 package I have only my dv fee recipe with my department address. So still can I put my home address on all other forms?

Thank you for your response.

Before changing Email, they asked me to confirm my old one. So that was not a problem.
Do you now if there is any private information in the 2nd confirmation email? I mean with the name of selectee or his case number? If not, and they send everybody the same letter, could you please tell me what they wrote there? Cause I should know next steps to process.

I have already made a payment and received a stamped receipt.

The email will thank you for informing them of your intention to do AOS, it will go on to say KCC will no longer be processing your case. The following letter and the payment receipt will be attached:

Dear FIRST NAME MIDDLE NAME LAST NAME:

Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Please note that there are legal restrictions on who may qualify for adjustment of status in the United States, and that while most adjustment applications are filed with USCIS, aliens in removal proceedings must file their adjustment applications with the Immigration Court. You must also pay the Diversity Visa (DV) processing fee before USCIS or the court will act on your adjustment application.

To adjust to legal permanent resident status through the Diversity Visa program, you must file Form I-485 with your local USCIS Office. However, you must wait until an immigrant visa number is immediately available to file Form I-485, otherwise your application will be rejected. To see if an immigrant visa number is immediately available, check the current Department of State Visa Bulletin at
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status. You may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status from October 1, 2013 until September 30, 2014. DV - 2014 immigrant visa status is only valid through that date.

If your spouse and/or children currently live outside the United States, they may be eligible to apply for an immigrant visa under the Diversity Visa program at the U.S. embassy or consulate in their country of residence. However, the embassy/consulate cannot process your family members' applications until notification is received from the USCIS advising that you have adjusted status. It is important that you apply for adjustment of status as soon as possible. Please remember that your spouse and/or children must apply for and be issued immigrant visas while they are available and before the DV-2014 program ends on September 30, 2014. They will not be eligible to be issued a visa under this program after that date.

When you apply to adjust status, you must tell the USCIS that you have family members living abroad who will apply for immigrant visa status at an embassy/consulate. You must request the USCIS to send information about your family, including their overseas address, to the appropriate embassy/consulate to enable processing of their visa applications. If you do not tell the USCIS about your family living overseas, and the consulate does not receive the information from the USCIS, your family members will not be processed for immigration to the United States under the DV program.

If your spouse/children will not apply for visas under the DV program, you can file with USCIS an immigrant visa petition (Form I-130) for them in the Family 2A (F2A) category. You can only do this after you have obtained legal permanent resident status, whether through adjustment of status or admission to the United States with an immigrant visa. Please carefully consider the consequences of a decision to file Form I-130 rather than having your family members apply for visas under the DV program.

Historically, applicants have experienced a delay of several years for a F2A immigrant number to become available. The Department of State adjusts the availability on immigrant numbers on a monthly basis according
to demand in each category, and publishes current availability in the monthly visa bulletin, posted online at
http://www.state.gov/visa/buttetin/bulletin_1360.html

Please remember that the DV fee must be paid in full before your case can be transferred to USCIS. All further questions should be directed to USCIS.
Case Number: 2014XXXXXXXXXX
PA Name: LAST NAME MIDDLE NAME FIRST NAME
Preference Category: DV DIVERSITY
Foreign State Chargeability: APPLICABLE CHARGEABILITY COUNTRY

Last edited by a moderator:
I just quickly went through other forms to look what are needed as addresses. in i485 form they ask for "address" which I can still put my department address where I receive my letters. in g325 form it is mentioned "applicant residence last five years,list present address first". Can I still use my department address here too? or it should be home address?

right now from my i485 package I have only my dv fee recipe with my department address. So still can I put my home address on all other forms?

It would be a lot simpler, in my opinion, if you're able to use home address in all of the forms, but if your mail cannot be securely delivered and received using your home address, then you should continue with the departmental address. But for the G325 form, I suggest you use the home address since it specifically says "home address" - I just don't know if they will use this address to send your biometric notice or the address on the I-485. I would however suggest you attach a plain sheet of paper with your mailing address boldy written/typed on it (and your CN included) to form G325.

This also shows that the cut-off for Asia in October is going to be >= 2000.

I think so. I only send my D122 on 23rd July (thanks to me finding this forum) and was rec'd at KCC on 26th July. Today (Aug 6) i got an email from them telling me I need to make payment and do file the i485 when my no become current. Mine is 2014AS000019xx.

This also shows that the cut-off for Asia in October is going to be >= 2000.

I hope so and I think so. Based on this conclusion and the last year cut-ff numbers and this year maximum bar code number for Asia (about 27000) that I read in other threads, I think cut-off number should be more than 1900 that it was last year.

If there is 27k from Asia (which I don't think so), then there are way many holes between numbers.

I hope so and I think so. Based on this conclusion and the last year cut-ff numbers and this year maximum bar code number for Asia (about 27000) that I read in other threads, I think cut-off number should be more than 1900 that it was last year.

No offense scusyxx and mdv2014, this thread is intended for DV AOS related questions and responses. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys leave it as such (it could become useful for DV 2015 selectees down the road). Let's not clutter it with speculations about holes and such, some other threads have already been dedicated to that.

Thank you guys.

It would be a lot simpler, in my opinion, if you're able to use home address in all of the forms, but if your mail cannot be securely delivered and received using your home address, then you should continue with the departmental address. But for the G325 form, I suggest you use the home address since it specifically says "home address" - I just don't know if they will use this address to send your biometric notice or the address on the I-485. I would however suggest you attach a plain sheet of paper with your mailing address boldy written/typed on it (and your CN included) to form G325.

Thank you for your respond. I am waiting to make a decision on this and go for medical.

1-If I put home address on G325 and medical form and the rest my departmental address so I will have two different address? You think it will cause a problem or not?

2-my problem about my home is I am usually out but there is a mailbox and usually I receive my mails there without problem. I mean I am usually not there if my sign is needed to receive and envelope but regular envelopes are OK. Are the things I will receive require my sign on delivery?

3-The other thing is if you think I can use my home address on forms the fact that I have my departmental address on dv fee recipe will not cause a problem?

Since you're able to receive mail at home, you should just use your home address on all the forms, including the I-485 - just go ahead and refill the form. There's no point using 2 different addresses on all the forms.

None of the mail you will receive will require any signature, so if you regularly receive mail at home, use your home address and stop stressing. I know you've already used your departmental address on the receipt, that's still ok at this point.

Thank you for your respond. I am waiting to make a decision on this and go for medical.

1-If I put home address on G325 and medical form and the rest my departmental address so I will have two different address? You think it will cause a problem or not?

2-my problem about my home is I am usually out but there is a mailbox and usually I receive my mails there without problem. I mean I am usually not there if my sign is needed to receive and envelope but regular envelopes are OK. Are the things I will receive require my sign on delivery?

3-The other thing is if you think I can use my home address on forms the fact that I have my departmental address on dv fee recipe will not cause a problem?

Hi,
I have some questions regarding form G-325A (Biographic Information).

1- What is "file number" , which starts with A? It in NOT the applicant's number, correct?
What shall I write as file number?
I'm on F1 (student visa), never been on OPT.

2- 'Applicant's Employment Last Five Year':
Beginning from Fall 2013, I'm going to be a TA (Teaching Assistant) in the university, but again that's considered as part-time on campus job.
So, is it considered as an employment?

3- What about CPT (internship)? I have worked for around 2 months (off campus) in an internship position.
Shall I consider that as an employment?

4- 'This form is submitted in connection with an application for'
which one shall I check? Is it 'status as permanent residence'?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,
I am under F1 visa. I am doing on-campus part time job. Apart from that, my sister is supporting me.
Do I need any sponsors for filing I-485? Is it necessary to include the bank statement or so?

I have a question

in form i-693 (medical form) there is a place that we should write "A-number". What is the A-number? is it our case number?

Hi,
I am under F1 visa. I am doing on-campus part time job. Apart from that, my sister is supporting me.
Do I need any sponsors for filing I-485? Is it necessary to include the bank statement or so?

Refer to post #662:
"If you can get someone to fill out an affidavit of support for you, that would be great. Yes, you may need to show your bank statements, you can include the one from your home country too, if you have a significant amount in it and if your US bank account doesn't hold much. It also helps if you're working, so you will need your W2s."

F1 and AOS, a special case

I was reading previous posts regarding DV winners, who are currently on F1 (student) visa.
Interesting discussions, which raised a question in my mind:
I'm on F1 visa and have had a valid I-20, but special issue with my case is that my visa was a single entry visa (Note: A single entry visa gets expired within 3 months of date of issue and the visa holder will in valid status as long as the I-20 is not expired and as long as he/she is registering full time and keeping full time student liabilities). I have always kept my legal status by being a full time student and maintaining a valid I-20, and my I-20 is still valid and will be valid even till end of 2015.

Do you think that I'm completely eligible to go through Adjustment of Status.
Any comment, idea, plz let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.