• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Oops, my
Are you sayiong you are 2014AF79XXX? If so, you have only just gone current (for September). Did you put too many X's in there? It sounds like you are referring to Nepal (which would make sense but then the number would be 2014AS79XX). If you are from Nepal, yes there is a risk that Nepal hits the 7% country limit and if that happened before you had your interview, you would not get the GC. However, I think that is unlikely to happen before mid August.

Oops my bad. Too many Xs. You are right, it's AS201479XX from Nepal.

Thank you for your response.

I guess I also wanted to know why do you think that is unlikely to happen before mid August? I am trying to figure out if I should go to the FO and request for an earliest date (before the end of july) or should I just wait. Just don't want to take any risk. :)
Thanks again.

Hi mom, been a long follower of this forum and of the previous forum.
Received my IL but I have a question mark regarding what documents my FO told me to provide. One of the items is: arrest records and certified court dispositions for any and all arrests. I never been arrested or anything else of this sort, so I do not understand why they asked me for this item. Do you know of any other previous AOS cases like mine?
I also had a look at my I-485, I answered all those questions on criminal record with "No". I thought maybe I did a mistake answering one as "Yes", but no.
Also, do you think the days between my biometrics and receiving my IL has anything to do with the presence of this item? It has been about 16 days between my biometrics and me founding the IL letter in the mail.
Thank you for your time!

Your IL is most likely a generic one you FO uses. If you've never had a court case or been arrested, you have nothing to worry about. So ignore that section. I guess they could have included "if applicable" in the wordings.

Hi mom,
A question:
Have an interview in the mid of August for AOS. I believe that by that time all the diversity visas will be gone given that at least 200 people have applied for AOS from my country and a very low rejection rate of 3% (You guessed it! Yup). My case number is 79XXX. I am doing an AOS, already went to the FO requesting them to have our interview before the end of July. (I guess I didn't hone on it enough!)
What should I do? Thanks for your help.

Oops, my

Oops my bad. Too many Xs. You are right, it's AS201479XX from Nepal.

Thank you for your response.

I guess I also wanted to know why do you think that is unlikely to happen before mid August? I am trying to figure out if I should go to the FO and request for an earliest date (before the end of july) or should I just wait. Just don't want to take any risk. :)
Thanks again.

You mean you've already received your IL and it's scheduled to take place in mid August? Just curious, when did you send in your application, which is your FO?

Anyway, not sure requesting an earlier date could possible be entertained by your FO, but like I've always said, starter things have been known to happen with USCIS, so yes, you can give it a short.

Personally, I would send your package in even though you aren't current. You have nothing to lose. If they decide not to process it they will send it all back to you, your cheque included

And what would the OP have achieved by this other than prolonging the agony, and seating on pins and needles until the package is returned as application denied? Even if it makes it's way past the Chicago Lockbox agents by some miracle, the FO will never ever ever approve the application.

You mean you've already received your IL and it's scheduled to take place in mid August? Just curious, when did you send in your application, which is your FO?

Anyway, not sure requesting an earlier date could possible be entertained by your FO, but like I've always said, starter things have been known to happen with USCIS, so yes, you can give it a short.

Yes I have already received my IL. Sent in my application at the beginning of May. FO is Portland, OR.
Strange that my wife has an interview at different time than I am scheduled for. I am scheduled one hour after hers. [Have you heard of such thing? We got married way before we even filled for DV lottery.]

I guess what is the likely hood that our AOS will be denied because of our country (Nepal) reaching the 7% cap? I was trying to search for the most recent CEAC data. The most recent was one that was pulled on 07/02. Based on that CEAC data, and assuming that at least 200 Nepalese have applied for AOS, all the visas will be gone by the end of July. Very confused what to do. :)

Hi Everybody,
followed this forum, but has not participated. I thought, there is small or no chance that my # will be current. However, it (according to VB) will be in Aug 2014, and I felt it is time to join, so:
Euro2014 DV selectee number EU 40XXX
Will be current in Aug 2014
Living in USA so opted for AOS (with huge risk but optimistically wishing for good luck that I will need soooo much!!!)
AOS sent to Chicago overnight on Wednesday June 25, 2014
So far, no news...no RFE, no package sent back, no check cashed, just waiting game !!!
Welcome to the club, there are few of us here who have sent the AOS package and haven't received any update yet. You, monh and me are on the same boat. Hopefully we will hear something soon. Good luck!

And what would the OP have achieved by this other than prolonging the agony, and seating on pins and needles until the package is returned as application denied? Even if it makes it's way past the Chicago Lockbox agents by some miracle, the FO will never ever ever approve the application.
Mom , why you think my local FO will not approve my application , once it passed by Chicago . I think it ,s much better to tray have my application in their hand in case there is to many disqualified cases . And as Sagirl said nothing to loose if they don,t approved they will send you your package including the check .

Mom , why you think my local FO will not approve my application , once it passed by Chicago . I think it ,s much better to tray have my application in their hand in case there is to many disqualified cases . And as Sagirl said nothing to loose if they don,t approved they will send you your package including the check .

Your number is above the cut off for September. That means they will not issue you a diversity visa for DV2014. There will be no visa number available for you.

Because if your CN is above the number stated in the VB, it means there's no visa number allocated to you. That means no FO can ever approve such a petition. It's nothing personal. It's the same reason you were not allowed to send in your AOS package earlier than now, otherwise all DV selectees processing AOS would have sent in their packages back in October 2013 when the FY started. They will never issue a GC to someone whose priority date hasn't been established just because they have some unused visa or because someone else got disqualified, that thinking is simply grasping at straws. This may sound harsh and unfeeling, but it's the truth.

But if you want to prolong the agony and suspense, you can send it in like @SAGIRL advised. It is not something I would ever suggest to anyone because I already know the outcome. I also know that if a GC is issued in error, it can be revoked!

Yes, I agree! It's much better to try. As I said before, you have nothing to lose. You may be sitting on pins and needles, and of course it could prolong the agony, but right now you are sitting on a pile of shattered dreams. Please go back to DV lottery 2013 and read about my experience.

Yes, I agree! It's much better to try. As I said before, you have nothing to lose. You may be sitting on pins and needles, and of course it could prolong the agony, but right now you are sitting on a pile of shattered dreams. Please go back to DV lottery 2013 and read about my experience.

I'm at a loss as to why you even say this - you are giving him false hope. What about the number cut-off do you not understand????

I'm sorry I fail to see the relevance of your situation to that of the OP. You had a rather high CN, you and your spouse opted to do follow to join which was rather risky but you miraculously managed to pull it off.

No such miracle will be happening in this case, that is a given. The OP's CN is above the cut off number, that's not the same as your referenced case! It's just plain wrong giving someone some false hope. There are rules and regulations put in place for processing. The only miracle that can happen here is for DOS to release a revised VB, other than that nothing else will happen.

Welcome to the club, there are few of us here who have sent the AOS package and haven't received any update yet. You, monh and me are on the same boat. Hopefully we will hear something soon. Good luck!
Thank you, good luck to you, too! Let us see if anything happens today and tomorrow! Maybe being current only in August have something to do with the process, but it helps to know that it is a pattern with other people as well, and not a case of "lost/forgotten" package !
BTW, I have never been so disappointed in my life to see that I still have money on my account, lol, and it has not been withdrawn from my account by USCIS!!! Hopefully, soon!

Thank you, good luck to you, too! Let us see if anything happens today and tomorrow! Maybe being current only in August have something to do with the process, but it helps to know that it is a pattern with other people as well, and not a case of "lost/forgotten" package !
BTW, I have never been so disappointed in my life to see that I still have money on my account, lol, and it has not been withdrawn from my account by USCIS!!! Hopefully, soon!

LOL about the money part, I keep on checking my account every 10 minutes. I feel the same. Well indeed, it feels better knowing that other people share the same concern. Hopefully something happens by next week. Let's update one another of any changes.
@urbanite

Hope you're slightly reassured now seeing you're not the only one in the boat of yet to be accepted application :rolleyes:

I am :), Thank you again for all your support. It's very noble what you do.

I'm at a loss as to why you even say this - you are giving him false hope. What about the number cut-off do you not understand????
It's never a good idea to resort to rudeness on a public forum, or anywhere for that matter. It shows a lack of self control. Having lived in USA for quite a long time-7 years, and having gone through the arduous process of securing my family and myself a GC through the visa lottery, I do know a lot about the process. I have lived it, suffered it, endured it, and I never gave up. But in the end I only succeeded through a miracle, and believe me I never was one to believe! So why give up? There is still 2.5 months to go before it's the end of the road. It's not a case of giving false hope. Everyone is aware that there is very little hope, but personally I wouldn't give up just yet. My view :)

I am glad for you. Seems like your FO is treating you good. Did you go to FO with infopass? Could you tell where is your FO?
I am waiting for IL. My FO is Tampa. When I called to USCIS - I was told that Tampa is overloaded.
my FO is in newark, I went with infopass. When they asked my reason for being here, I said to demand for an interview regarding my pending I-485

It's never a good idea to resort to rudeness on a public forum, or anywhere for that matter. It shows a lack of self control. Having lived in USA for quite a long time-7 years, and having gone through the arduous process of securing my family and myself a GC through the visa lottery, I do know a lot about the process. I have lived it, suffered it, endured it, and I never gave up. But in the end I only succeeded through a miracle, and believe me I never was one to believe! So why give up? There is still 2.5 months to go before it's the end of the road. It's not a case of giving false hope. Everyone is aware that there is very little hope, but personally I wouldn't give up just yet. My view :)

1. No one has been rude to you - so I guess your points about rudeness were just some random musings you wanted to type.
2. Susie and Sm1smom (both of whom have been through the DV processes before you and both of whom understand the rules better than you do) have pointed out that the OP cannot get a visa because he has been waiting to go current and can only get a visa when his number has gone current. It is absolutely FUNDAMENTAL to the process. So yes, advising him to submit his paperwork without being current is sending him on a fools errand. Would you also suggest he takes the medicals also - so you would have hiom spend that money with NO CHANCE of success? That is cruel and foolish.
3. I can explain what is rude. In my book, arguing with people who are CLEARLY more knowledgeable and spend countless hours trying to give GOOD advice to people for free. That's rude in my book.

Hi Everybody :)
After a long long wait (over 5 months after my interview), my status just changed to Card Production! YAY!!!!! :)
I'd like Thank everybody in this forum for your supports and inputs :)
@@Sm1smom, @@c1984, @@Fiefia: Special THANKS to all of you for your support, attention and time.
I pray for everybody who is still awaiting a decision or IL.

Hi Everybody :)
After a long long wait (over 5 months after my interview), my status just changed to Card Production! YAY!!!!! :)
I'd like Thank everybody in this forum for your supports and inputs :)
@@Sm1smom, @@c1984, @@Fiefia: Special THANKS to all of you for your support, attention and time.
I pray for everybody who is still awaiting a decision or IL.

What, what what??? Say that again PLEASE!!:eek::eek:

CONGRATULATIONS! This is the best news ever, which I wasn't at work. I would have popped open that bottle of champagne I've been chilling for some special occasion. :D Truly, truly happy for you.

Be sure to take your wife out for a special treat to celebrate this!