• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Mom,

Apologies in advance if I sound like a broken record. I went through the timeline and other DV selectees who submitted the AOS package after me, have received the NOA already.

Should I send a second AOS package at this point ? My line of thinking is that if there was something missing in the file they would have sent it back just like they did the previous time ( within 8 days).
They are certainly not processing it, maybe they have lost it, who knows. The package was delivered to them as I have the signature from FedEx.

This waiting time is an edge case. I'm not getting the file processed or rejected, maybe they are not in receipt of it at all ..
Hi urbanite,

My AOS package was delivered on Jun 19, I still did not receive anything.
I have noticed in the timeline that any one has submitted on June and he was current on July they got accepted very quick.

I don't know if there is anyone got accepted and he is current on August and sent the package on June. if anyone read this post no any case like that, please share it.

Thanks.

Hi urbanite,

My AOS package was delivered on Jun 19, I still did not receive anything.
I have noticed in the timeline that any one has submitted on June and he was current on July they got accepted very quick.

I don't know if there is anyone got accepted and he is current on August and sent the package on June. if anyone read this post no any case like that, please share it.

Thanks.
Monh,

thank you for your note. Yes there is a user going by the Mammad who got their AOS package delivered on June 25th, see it in the timeline here under Master copy tab

That was way later than both me and you. I called KCC and was told to wait 3o days, I mentioned that i'm a DV selectee and the crunch time but they weren't empathetic. I sent another email for someone to look at the case. I'm thinking to send another AOS package at this point and see whether that gets processed first...

Last edited:
Mammad was current on July not August.
Thank you for letting me know. I didn't check when Mammad was current. Do you think the fact that we weren't current yet might have to do with the fact that our cases weren't initiated yet. Maybe, it's just that time is not on our side now and I've started to freak out. It's like being so close and yet so far...
Let's remain hopeful

Not surprisingly, my expedite request has been rejected due to the wrong expedite criteria. I called USCIS again to make another request with the correct criteria. The lady was very unhelpful and unfriendly. She said she could not submit another expedite request before 30 days - no exceptions. I explained my DV situation and told her that 30 days would be too late. She said she couldn't do anything for help. I insisted on going over the expedite criteria which she did. However when I asked her what "extreme emergency situations" meant, she refused to answer on the basis that it is my burden to find out what it is by visiting USCIS website. At this point I understood that we wouldn't get anywhere and hung up. I'm thinking about writing a letter to my FO. Britsimon: do you recall the exact criteria you chose for the expedite request?

I found this on the net - and sounds exactly like what she read to me.

"Age-out cases not covered under the Child Status Protection Act, and applications affected by sunset provisions such as diversity visas"

The link is not exactly about expedite requests in general - but the bit I quoted is what she read.

http://www.legalactioncenter.org/sites/default/files/docs/lac/lac_mandamus_USCISrelease.pdf

I found this on the net - and sounds exactly like what she read to me.

"Age-out cases not covered under the Child Status Protection Act, and applications affected by sunset provisions such as diversity visas"

The link is not exactly about expedite requests in general - but the bit I quoted is what she read.

http://www.legalactioncenter.org/sites/default/files/docs/lac/lac_mandamus_USCISrelease.pdf
Thanks Britsimon. Unfortunately, I was read the following criteria. None of them has what you quoted: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

Yeah, the criteria I was read was more like a subcategory/explanation of the expedite criteria you have linked. I *think* it would have been an explanation of the
"Extreme emergent situation" - which makes the most sense.
I see. Should I go ahead and write a letter to the FO to ask for expedite or should I do something else? Any suggestions welcome since I'd rather not just sit down and watch my application getting dismissed.

Mom , please I have question for you , the cut off for the month of September for Africa is 81100 , is that means above this number disqualified . Or we can send our package also .
CN ... AF 84***.

I'm sorry your CN is above the stated number on the VB, you therefore cannot send in your I-485 package unfortunately.

So happy to announce that my IL came today 2 hours after visiting my FO. It was mailed on July 7th, loolll.
When I went to the office, I told them that my intention for being here was to ask for an interview. I had done biometrics 3 months ago, my fingerprints,name were checked and clear and wanted to know why it took them so long. I showed them the KCC DV2014 winner notice and told them that they had to give my green card before September 2014(which was confimed to me by KCC on the phone). He told my that I was right and went to the office in the back. He came back later to give me the date and time of my interview. yayyy

Thank you for everything!!! this forum is legit

Any interview testimony, tips for F1 students applying for AOS?
Do we really need a letter from the sponsor?

Mom,

Apologies in advance if I sound like a broken record. I went through the timeline and other DV selectees who submitted the AOS package after me, have received the NOA already.

Should I send a second AOS package at this point ? My line of thinking is that if there was something missing in the file they would have sent it back just like they did the previous time ( within 8 days).
They are certainly not processing it, maybe they have lost it, who knows. The package was delivered to them as I have the signature from FedEx.

This waiting time is an edge case. I'm not getting the file processed or rejected, maybe they are not in receipt of it at all ..

Honestly speaking, you just have to exercise some patience. I'm sorry it's not what you want to hear at this time, but I don't know what else to tell you.

One thing I do know though is that sending in another package is mostly likely to do you more harm than good since there's the possibility of having two DV based applications in the system at the same time. If that happens:
  • You will loose your 2nd payment
  • When you attend your interview, you might not be approved on the spot even with a simple clear uncomplicated case. They will most likely tell you they need to consolidate your files or that you need to go back and formally withdraw the other application. Each of these could take forever to be completed.
But if you feel it's better to go ahead with another application, you may do so. You should do whatever you think is best for your case.

So happy to announce that my IL came today 2 hours after visiting my FO. It was mailed on July 7th, loolll.
When I went to the office, I told them that my intention for being here was to ask for an interview. I had done biometrics 3 months ago, my fingerprints,name were checked and clear and wanted to know why it took them so long. I showed them the KCC DV2014 winner notice and told them that they had to give my green card before September 2014(which was confimed to me by KCC on the phone). He told my that I was right and went to the office in the back. He came back later to give me the date and time of my interview. yayyy

Thank you for everything!!! this forum is legit
I am glad for you. Seems like your FO is treating you good. Did you go to FO with infopass? Could you tell where is your FO?
I am waiting for IL. My FO is Tampa. When I called to USCIS - I was told that Tampa is overloaded.

Honestly speaking, you just have to exercise some patience. I'm sorry it's not what you want to hear at this time, but I don't know what else to tell you.

One thing I do know though is that sending in another package is mostly likely to do you more harm than good since there's the possibility of having two DV based applications in the system at the same time. If that happens:
  • You will loose your 2nd payment
  • When you attend your interview, you might not be approved on the spot even with a simple clear uncomplicated case. They will most likely tell you they need to consolidate your files or that you need to go back and formally withdraw the other application. Each of these could take forever to be completed.
But if you feel it's better to go ahead with another application, you may do so. You should do whatever you think is best for your case.

You are right Mom, it's not smart to send another package if I run the risk of over complicating the case down the road. It's just that time is running out. Will see, whatever is meant to be will be

Any interview testimony, tips for F1 students applying for AOS?
Do we really need a letter from the sponsor?

There's a link on the AOS spreadsheet regarding tips. People have also posted experiences on this thread, read backwards to find them. You may also find links to interview experience on the DV timelines, look for those who have completed the interview on the spreadsheet and follow the links they've provided.

Hi mom, been a long follower of this forum and of the previous forum.
Received my IL but I have a question mark regarding what documents my FO told me to provide. One of the items is: arrest records and certified court dispositions for any and all arrests. I never been arrested or anything else of this sort, so I do not understand why they asked me for this item. Do you know of any other previous AOS cases like mine?
I also had a look at my I-485, I answered all those questions on criminal record with "No". I thought maybe I did a mistake answering one as "Yes", but no.
Also, do you think the days between my biometrics and receiving my IL has anything to do with the presence of this item? It has been about 16 days between my biometrics and me founding the IL letter in the mail.
Thank you for your time!

Hi Everybody,
followed this forum, but has not participated. I thought, there is small or no chance that my # will be current. However, it (according to VB) will be in Aug 2014, and I felt it is time to join, so:
Euro2014 DV selectee number EU 40XXX
Will be current in Aug 2014
Living in USA so opted for AOS (with huge risk but optimistically wishing for good luck that I will need soooo much!!!)
AOS sent to Chicago overnight on Wednesday June 25, 2014
So far, no news...no RFE, no package sent back, no check cashed, just waiting game !!!

Hi mom,
A question:
Have an interview in the mid of August for AOS. I believe that by that time all the diversity visas will be gone given that at least 200 people have applied for AOS from my country and a very low rejection rate of 3% (You guessed it! Yup). My case number is 79XXX. I am doing an AOS, already went to the FO requesting them to have our interview before the end of July. (I guess I didn't hone on it enough!)
What should I do? Thanks for your help.

Hi mom,
A question:
Have an interview in the mid of August for AOS. I believe that by that time all the diversity visas will be gone given that at least 200 people have applied for AOS from my country and a very low rejection rate of 3% (You guessed it! Yup). My case number is 79XXX. I am doing an AOS, already went to the FO requesting them to have our interview before the end of July. (I guess I didn't hone on it enough!)
What should I do? Thanks for your help.

Are you sayiong you are 2014AF79XXX? If so, you have only just gone current (for September). Did you put too many X's in there? It sounds like you are referring to Nepal (which would make sense but then the number would be 2014AS79XX). If you are from Nepal, yes there is a risk that Nepal hits the 7% country limit and if that happened before you had your interview, you would not get the GC. However, I think that is unlikely to happen before mid August.

I'm sorry your CN is above the stated number on the VB, you therefore cannot send in your I-485 package unfortunately.
Mom , please I have question for you , the cut off for the month of September for Africa is 81100 , is that means above this number disqualified . Or we can send our package also .
CN ... AF 84***.
Personally, I would send your package in even though you aren't current. You have nothing to lose. If they decide not to process it they will send it all back to you, your cheque included