• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

omg... we start from zone again..

My case number is 2014AS00013XXX. I haven't do any step further because I have to wait 60 days (30/60/90 days rule) after I entered US (F1 visa) which wait until 23 May and I planned to do AOS.

But in those few months, I see how the AS number going. I want to change my plan. I started worry should I do CP instead of AOS. Should I wait until August visa bulletin release on early June/ mid June (2/3 weeks after I planned to send DSP-122 for aos) ? Is it good to wait to see clearer picture?

If I see August visa bulletin is current for every number on early- June, I will do the AOS. If not, I will do the CP in Hong Kong and send the forms to KCC. Based on my plan, you see any any problem I will face?

Does AS has a big chance become current on Aug? Or should I dont waste 2/3 weeks and just send my forms to KCC to do CP?

Please give advise! Life is tough

omg... we start from zone again..

My case number is 2014AS00013XXX. I haven't do any step further because I have to wait 60 days (30/60/90 days rule) after I entered US (F1 visa) which wait until 23 May and I planned to do AOS.

But in those few months, I see how the AS number going. I want to change my plan. I started worry should I do CP instead of AOS. Should I wait until August visa bulletin release on early June/ mid June (2/3 weeks after I planned to send DSP-122 for aos) ? Is it good to wait to see clearer picture?

If I see August visa bulletin is current for every number on early- June, I will do the AOS. If not, I will do the CP in Hong Kong and send the forms to KCC. Based on my plan, you see any any problem I will face?

Does AS has a big chance become current on Aug? Or should I dont waste 2/3 weeks and just send my forms to KCC to do CP?

Please give advise! Life is tough

Yeah, you could wait for the August bulletin to be released in July in order to know if you AOS is still doable for you or not.

Ok, so I will write it again :). I had an info pass today and the lady at the window told me that I did everything from my side and that I have to wait for the green card. I asked her: what about interview? She said I may or may not have interview and the waiting time for green card maybe up to one year. I told her that I am DV selectee and I have time until September. So after all she told to get another info pass in August if I will not get my GC until that time. What I should do now? I'm current since April, bio done March 26th. Sm1smom any advice? Get another info pass? Write to congress person? Help please!

Yeah, you could wait for the August bulletin to be released in July in order to know if you AOS is still doable for you or not.

August cut- off is not released in June :eek:? If released in July, will it too late to send DSP-122 and DS230 to KCC if I do CP? Is it enough time for KCC to process my case?

Thank you!

oops! :eek: ma bad ..... August bulletin comes out in June :D.

heehee...
one more question XD
I am confused after I re-read the DV website.
"On your entry you must list your spouse (husband or wife) and all living unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless of whether or not they are living with you or intend to accompany or follow to join you should you immigrate to the United States."

I got married after I submitting my original entry so the entry only has my information. My spouse will not back to Hong Kong with me to do CP. My question is should I include my spouse's information in DSP-122 and DS230 to update KCC even he wont interview with me ?

Awwww... ;( new forum. Hhhhmm good at least we all smart enough to know how to go here ;). What my question was? Oh ok, my college said He had not interview on dv aos. Is possible to get this gc here without interview?
Thanks!

Mom, it might be worth updating the title of this thread. I'm HOPING they will migrate the history, and if they do the title being identical might cause an issue. You can add something to the title from a link at the top of the thread (right hand corner).

Hi guys, I am doing an AOS for 2014 and I became current for July (My number is AS76**). Because of some complications in my case, I have to go through a lawyer and we are just submitting my papers including medical etc. this week. Do you guys think I could make it by that September deadline? My field office is in Detroit, MI and looking at KRMA who is still waiting for an interview letter even though she was current in April, I have serious doubts about my own case. I have no choice but to do an AOS. I never thought I would be current so late in the year, everyone was predicting I would be current around February (yeah right). So any new predictions on my chances or what I should be telling my lawyer to do? Thank you guys for being such big support and resource person for all of us going through this, I hope you know we all really appreciate it.

Hi guys, I am doing an AOS for 2014 and I became current for July (My number is AS76**). Because of some complications in my case, I have to go through a lawyer and we are just submitting my papers including medical etc. this week. Do you guys think I could make it by that September deadline? My field office is in Detroit, MI and looking at KRMA who is still waiting for an interview letter even though she was current in April, I have serious doubts about my own case. I have no choice but to do an AOS. I never thought I would be current so late in the year, everyone was predicting I would be current around February (y

You do have time, but you may have to push hard rather than waiting patiently as others have done. You don't mention the nature of the complications so it is hard to be precise about what you have to do, but I am sure Mom and your lawyer can help you through things...

Ok, so I will write it again :). I had an info pass today and the lady at the window told me that I did everything from my side and that I have to wait for the green card. I asked her: what about interview? She said I may or may not have interview and the waiting time for green card maybe up to one year. I told her that I am DV selectee and I have time until September. So after all she told to get another info pass in August if I will not get my GC until that time. What I should do now? I'm current since April, bio done March 26th. Sm1smom any advice? Get another info pass? Write to congress person? Help please!

Hey buddy! I am sorry to hear about your experience :( What did the lady mean though "you may or may not have an interview"? I thought everyone has to come through the interview process. Did she even explain what may have caused the delay?

Hey buddy! I am sorry to hear about your experience :( What did the lady mean though "you may or may not have an interview"? I thought everyone has to come through the interview process. Did she even explain what may have caused the delay?

No she didn't explain - maybe it was my fault, maybe I should press her more than I did. I know for sure that no interview happened- my friend dv 2011 closed the whole process in 6 weeks- no interview- lucky him :) however, any advise? What should I do?

No she didn't explain - maybe it was my fault, maybe I should press her more than I did. I know for sure that no interview happened- my friend dv 2011 closed the whole process in 6 weeks- no interview- lucky him :) however, any advise? What should I do?

Yeah it is strange... I would have said "It's only May now", but looking how other people have been progressing, I am not sure why your case is being delayed. Have you heard of other people's experiences whose FO was in Detroit too?
Perhaps you should try a congressman?

Yeah it is strange... I would have said "It's only May now", but looking how other people have been progressing, I am not sure why your case is being delayed. Have you heard of other people's experiences whose FO was in Detroit too?
Perhaps you should try a congressman?
Thank you Fiefia. As far as I know there is only one person from Detroit - Fasy - and he will just start the process. From 2013 there were 3 people from Detroit. 2 of them get the IL 10 days after bio and 1 get IL after 2 months. From 2011 - there was no interview - none of the people got interview in Detroit. So o_O - this is me. I am thinking of congress person, but I wish to know what exactly they are doing after I contact them.

Mom, it might be worth updating the title of this thread. I'm HOPING they will migrate the history, and if they do the title being identical might cause an issue. You can add something to the title from a link at the top of the thread (right hand corner).

Fantastic suggestion Simon, thanks.