• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Hi Everybody :)
After a long long wait (over 5 months after my interview), my status just changed to Card Production! YAY!!!!! :)
I'd like Thank everybody in this forum for your supports and inputs :)
@@Sm1smom, @@c1984, @@Fiefia: Special THANKS to all of you for your support, attention and time.
I pray for everybody who is still awaiting a decision or IL.

Congrats, man!! I'm really happy for you. Enjoy your new status and put your GC to good use. Fight crime, rescue old lady in distress, save the world from the flood... Oh man! I don't know where I'm going with that! :)

Really really happy for you!

After a long long wait (over 5 months after my interview), my status just changed to Card Production! YAY!!!!! :)
@@Sm1smom, @@c1984, @@Fiefia: Special THANKS to all of you for your support, attention and time.

Many congratulations!!

What, what what??? Say that again PLEASE!!:eek::eek:

CONGRATULATIONS! This is the best news ever, which I wasn't at work. I would have popped open that bottle of champagne I've been chilling for some special occasion. :D Truly, truly happy for you.

Be sure to take your wife out for a special treat to celebrate this!

YOU are the BEST, MOM! :) Without your support, I would never be able reach this point. I am truly, truly THANKFUL :)

It's never a good idea to resort to rudeness on a public forum, or anywhere for that matter. It shows a lack of self control. Having lived in USA for quite a long time-7 years, and having gone through the arduous process of securing my family and myself a GC through the visa lottery, I do know a lot about the process. I have lived it, suffered it, endured it, and I never gave up. But in the end I only succeeded through a miracle, and believe me I never was one to believe! So why give up? There is still 2.5 months to go before it's the end of the road. It's not a case of giving false hope. Everyone is aware that there is very little hope, but personally I wouldn't give up just yet. My view :)

I wasn't being rude, and you still haven't answered my question. What about the concept of the cut-off do you not understand? It is stated very clearly in the visa bulletin that interviews are only available to people with numbers below the specified cut-offs. Absent a revision of the VB numbers, there is no way he can get an interview. Whatever pains you went through in the process does not change this fact - direct copy and paste from the latest VB:

"For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2014 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:"

Last edited:
Congrats, man!! I'm really happy for you. Enjoy your new status and put your GC to good use. Fight crime, rescue old lady in distress, save the world from the flood... Oh man! I don't know where I'm going with that! :)

Really really happy for you!

LOL! SURE! SURE!
THANKS A LOT . Your are the BEST, refigh :) I wish I could compensate your support and attention.

Yes I have already received my IL. Sent in my application at the beginning of May. FO is Portland, OR.
Strange that my wife has an interview at different time than I am scheduled for. I am scheduled one hour after hers. [Have you heard of such thing? We got married way before we even filled for DV lottery.]

I guess what is the likely hood that our AOS will be denied because of our country (Nepal) reaching the 7% cap? I was trying to search for the most recent CEAC data. The most recent was one that was pulled on 07/02. Based on that CEAC data, and assuming that at least 200 Nepalese have applied for AOS, all the visas will be gone by the end of July. Very confused what to do. :)

Anyone with the info above?

Oh my gosh, Aria! :) I am so happy for you! :) Finally! I told you it's gonna happen soon. See? You are lucky, don't you dare argue with me about it anymore! LOL
Honestly, you just made my day! (that unfortunately turned out to be a bit on a crappy side this morning). Now, how come your Facebook picture is not updated to your crazily happy face yet? LOL

I am so happy for your and your wife! All the suffer paid off!
And...Welcome to the United States of America! LOL

thank you mom for your suggestion about the new policy memo. i want to make sure it is the correct document my sister should include as the first page (http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2013/August/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf). should she print all 7 pages? i am not sure where to highlight. is it all under the "implementation" section?

yes, she paid the DV fee and has the receipt with her. she is now so worried that she might not get everything right. she even insisted on taking new photos at the post office because the ones that she has now were self taken and developed, and the background does not appear white as stated in the document somewhere.

my sister has had from her friend a while back: I-134 and last 3 years of tax transcripts. her LPR friend just gave additional documents to her today: the employment letter issued by the employer, and also a bank statement. however, the banks confirms a current balance of 1K+ and average balance of $785 (last 12-month period), which i think is quite low compared to her friend's monthly salary of 2K+. (recent tax return filed as single with 30K+, so it's definitely above the poverty line). should my sister include the bank statement in the package? i think her friend might not want to furnish her main account, perhaps. as worried as she can be, she is going to ask our cousin to provide a bank statement from our home country as a backup. our cousin has been her sponsor for tuitions and living expenses all these years, so it is a genuine sponsor document. do you think it is necessary to include our cousin's bank statement at all?

my sister has almost everything ready for the AOS package. apart from the above questions, she would also like to know the following:
1. whether she has to fill the G-325 or G-325A form?
2. does she have to file I-765 employment authorization form if she does not expect to work until she gets the green card?

thank you very much for your help!

my sister has almost everything ready for the AOS package. apart from the above questions, she would also like to know the following:
1. whether she has to fill the G-325 or G-325A form?
2. does she have to file I-765 employment authorization form if she does not expect to work until she gets the green card?

thank you very much for your help!

I somehow missed your previous question regarding the bank statement. It's okay for your sister to not include that with the package, the most important thing is the affidavit. As long as the W2 shows her friend with an income above the poverty line level, she should be fine. She can also hold on to your cousin's bank statements. Those two documents she can take along to the interview and present them if requested.

1. Really makes no difference, she can use either; both forms are more or less the same. The important thing is to ensure she's not using either G-325B or G-325C as those two are for military or employment based applications.
  2. No, she doesn't have to and I personally wouldn't encourage those with higher CNs who are just getting ready to file to not bother to include it. At this stage of the game, you don't want anything to hold up your case for the slightest reason.

Yes I have already received my IL. Sent in my application at the beginning of May. FO is Portland, OR.
Strange that my wife has an interview at different time than I am scheduled for. I am scheduled one hour after hers. [Have you heard of such thing? We got married way before we even filled for DV lottery.]

I guess what is the likely hood that our AOS will be denied because of our country (Nepal) reaching the 7% cap? I was trying to search for the most recent CEAC data. The most recent was one that was pulled on 07/02. Based on that CEAC data, and assuming that at least 200 Nepalese have applied for AOS, all the visas will be gone by the end of July. Very confused what to do. :)

The one hour difference you see in the interview letters is Ok, when the first person is called just inform the IO that you are together.
Based on August visa bulletin, Nepal's cut of number is 9500, while that of Asia is 12700. Based on that, I don't think one can conclude that Visa numbers will run out by the end of July, otherwise the bulletin wouldn't announce the 9500 cut off number for Nepal. However, based on the bulletin we can assume that Nepal is probably reaching its capacity. No clear idea when the cap will be reached.
Note: I am not expert here at all, make sure you seek comments from other who are way better than me.

Good luck

I somehow missed your previous question regarding the bank statement. It's okay for your sister to not include that with the package, the most important thing is the affidavit. As long as the W2 shows her friend with an income above the poverty line level, she should be fine. She can also hold on to your cousin's bank statements. Those two documents she can take along to the interview and present them if requested.

1. Really makes no difference, she can use either; both forms are more or less the same. The important thing is to ensure she's not using either G-325B or G-325C as those two are for military or employment based applications.
  2. No, she doesn't have to and I personally wouldn't encourage those with higher CNs who are just getting ready to file to not bother to include it. At this stage of the game, you don't want anything to hold up your case for the slightest reason.

she could only find samples of G-325A, so she went ahead and used G-325A. and definitely, no I-765 for now because she won't be working during this time anyway. she will also keep her sponsor's bank statement with her for the interview, if requested. apart for those, she is all set and will send out her AOS package first thing tomorrow via USPS Legal-size Flat Rate envelope.

thanks mom (@Sm1smom) and simon (@Britsimon) for the valuable assistance with all the questions that she had had. i am quite sure she will have more questions before the interview in september. i hope that nothing goes wrong with the interview and she will get the green card eventually.

Last edited:
@CWH

she could only find samples of G-325A, so she went ahead and used G-325A. and definitely, no I-765 for now because she won't be working during this time anyway. she will also keep her sponsor's bank statement with her for the interview, if requested. apart for those, she is all set and will send out her AOS package first thing tomorrow via USPS Legal-size Flat Rate envelope.

Not sure where she did the searching, G-325 is still very much avaible on USCIS's website:
http://www.uscis.gov/g-325

But like I wrote earlier, it really doesn't matter. I just felt a need to clarify this so others reading this in don't get confused and assumed G-325 is no longer available.

If she's sending with USPS flat rate envelope, I hope she realize she has to send it to the Chicago Lockbox P.O.Box number since it's not a courier or express delivery.

@CWH

Not sure where she did the searching, G-325 is still very much avaible on USCIS's website:
http://www.uscis.gov/g-325

But like I wrote earlier, it really doesn't matter. I just felt a need to clarify this so others reading this in don't get confused and assumed G-325 is no longer available.

If she's sending with USPS flat rate envelope, I hope she realize she has to send it to the Chicago Lockbox P.O.Box number since it's not a courier or express delivery.

she could find G-325 form, but she couldn't find the ones with sample data filled. sorry for the confusion. as for the sending method, i am not quite sure what you meant. from what i understand, all AOS packages will have to be sent to the Chicago Lockbox and should it matter if they are sent via USPS, UPS, or FedEx? Is it better to use a courier or get an express service added?

thanks mom!

she could find G-325 form, but she couldn't find the ones with sample data filled. sorry for the confusion. as for the sending method, i am not quite sure what you meant. from what i understand, all AOS packages will have to be sent to the Chicago Lockbox and should it matter if they are sent via USPS, UPS, or FedEx? Is it better to use a courier or get an express service added?

thanks mom!

The delivery method doesn't matter. What matters is that depending on the choosen method of delivery, it has to be sent to the correct address in order to be accepted. Yes all DV based AOS applications are to be sent to the Chicago Lock Box, there are however two different addresses for the Chicago lock box based on the chosen delivery method.

Reactions: CWH
--- Need your wisdom and advice ---

I am waiting for my interview and I have come across an unexpected problem. Namely, I have been on F1 visa since entering the U.S. and changed my passport when it expired couple years ago. Right now, I have my original I-94 but obviously no F1 visa on my passport. I also cannot find my original I-20 that was stamped at the port of entry back then - I do have my current I-20.

So the question is, will I have problems proving my legal entry to the U.S. at the interview? What can I do? Please give me your valuable piece of advice.

P.S.: I got the copy of my F1 visa from school - not an excellent copy.

The delivery method doesn't matter. What matters is that depending on the choosen method of delivery, it has to be sent to the correct address in order to be accepted. Yes all DV based AOS applications are to be sent to the Chicago Lock Box, there are however two different addresses for the Chicago lock box based on the chosen delivery method.

i got it. thanks mom!!!

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

1. No one has been rude to you - so I guess your points about rudeness were just some random musings you wanted to type.
2. Susie and Sm1smom (both of whom have been through the DV processes before you and both of whom understand the rules better than you do) have pointed out that the OP cannot get a visa because he has been waiting to go current and can only get a visa when his number has gone current. It is absolutely FUNDAMENTAL to the process. So yes, advising him to submit his paperwork without being current is sending him on a fools errand. Would you also suggest he takes the medicals also - so you would have hiom spend that money with NO CHANCE of success? That is cruel and foolish.
3. I can explain what is rude. In my book, arguing with people who are CLEARLY more knowledgeable and spend countless hours trying to give GOOD advice to people for free. That's rude in my book.
Yes guys , I already pay for medical exam about $400 and we did pay first fees $600 for two , and some for copies because I have the file ready to send to Chicago . Really I,m so sad about this news cut off limited to 81100 for Africa .

my FO is in newark, I went with infopass. When they asked my reason for being here, I said to demand for an interview regarding my pending I-485

Hi:
I wanna know what did they say??
I am still waiting for my interview, so nervous!!
it's been one month after doing biometric...
I just think maybe I should make an InfoPass to ask...
any suggestion??

Thank you!!

Yes guys , I already pay for medical exam about $400 and we did pay first fees $600 for two , and some for copies because I have the file ready to send to Chicago . Really I,m so sad about this news cut off limited to 81100 for Africa .

:( I really am sorry for your case.

I do think that in cases like this the visa fees should be refunded...it's not much consolation for the circumstance but the person did everything in good faith, it's not their fault the numbers got cut off and I think at the very least they should be refunded.