• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Hello people, we just came from interview and we have some questions(of course!). by the way i want to mention that it took only 5-10 min. the question is he didn't tell us any word like congratulations however overall it was very positive and the officer didn't put any stamp in our passports but he wrote something on the visa section. I believe that even he can not read it. so what does it mean? (our case status is still same and is acceptence) thanks for your time.

Hello people, we just came from interview and we have some questions(of course!). by the way i want to mention that it took only 5-10 min. the question is he didn't tell us any word like congratulations however overall it was very positive and the officer didn't put any stamp in our passports but he wrote something on the visa section. I believe that even he can not read it. so what does it mean? (our case status is still same and is acceptence) thanks for your time.

Your case is probably going to update shortly - just be patient....

Most likely everything is all right and you are approved.

Did he detach the I-94 card (if you had one)?

Most likely everything is all right and you are approved.

Did he detach the I-94 card (if you had one)?
no, we didn't have I-94. But as I told you, he wrote, I think alien number, like A*** *** *** , some other information. The point, that I am confused is, everybody talk about the stamp, but our is also stamp or not, or what is stamp I dont know and thats what I am trying to ask. Also, the status is still acceptance and can you give me time frame for its to change from acceptance to card production!
In addition, most likley, if we are approved, how long does it takes to get our cards?
thank you

no, we didn't have I-94. But as I told you, he wrote, I think alien number, like A*** *** *** , some other information. The point, that I am confused is, everybody talk about the stamp, but our is also stamp or not, or what is stamp I dont know and thats what I am trying to ask. Also, the status is still acceptance and can you give me time frame for its to change from acceptance to card production!
In addition, most likley, if we are approved, how long does it takes to get our cards?
thank you

Don't worry about the stamp. Many (most?) successful applicants don't get a stamp.

The status change can take between a few hours to a few days. I will not be surprised if your status gets updated before the end of the day.

OK - that sounds good. I just got a package of three letters this evening which are receipts of the expedite requests. The letter came from the SF office. So - you should get those within a couple of days - then hopefully we will get some response within the 5+ days the rep mentioned.
Hi, Britsimon
I alsa requested expedite for me and my wife on July 9th and i got 2 seperate letters today from Chicago office, i live in Chicago. Saying that i485 is pending and we regret that we are not be able to give u timeframe for when we will complete the review of your petition/application.
I am wondering is it for the reply of my expedite request or just a reciept about my request.
How is your letter same or different?
Thanks

There is a website but it isn't DV specific - so the numbers you enter would be impossible to decipher to get any data - plus it doesn't mention aos through DV in the results, just aos.
Mmmm, so its cumulates all AOS cathegories I guess!
But the AOS through DV, do they enter the CN you check their status or is it an other number assigned for AOS applicant ?

Hi, Britsimon
I alsa requested expedite for me and my wife on July 9th and i got 2 seperate letters today from Chicago office, i live in Chicago. Saying that i485 is pending and we regret that we are not be able to give u timeframe for when we will complete the review of your petition/application.
I am wondering is it for the reply of my expedite request or just a reciept about my request.
How is your letter same or different?
Thanks

Mine is just a receipt of the expedite request. What you got is essentially what one possible response - I think the expedite gets you a response - not guarantee of an immediate interview. However, you case should now be at the top of some pile and hopefully they will do something!

I had my interview today. It was very straightforward and only took about 10 minutes. After doing the oath part the interviewing officer asked to see my birth certificate, high school certificate and passport. He asked me some basic questions about address and current employment and then the standard security questions. At the end I asked him how it went and he said "I don't see any problems" and that I should receive a decision in 30 days.

Later in the day my online status had changed to "card production" with this message: "On July 11, 2014, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you."

But then I just looked just now and the status has changed again to "decision" with this message: "On July 11, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later."

I'm a bit confused why it switched from "card production" back to "decision" - is that normal? Why does one say 30 days and the second one say 60 days? But basically it's saying that I am now a permanent resident and I am just waiting for the card?

I had my interview today. It was very straightforward and only took about 10 minutes. After doing the oath part the interviewing officer asked to see my birth certificate, high school certificate and passport. He asked me some basic questions about address and current employment and then the standard security questions. At the end I asked him how it went and he said "I don't see any problems" and that I should receive a decision in 30 days.

Later in the day my online status had changed to "card production" with this message: "On July 11, 2014, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you."

But then I just looked just now and the status has changed again to "decision" with this message: "On July 11, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later."

I'm a bit confused why it switched from "card production" back to "decision" - is that normal? Why does one say 30 days and the second one say 60 days? But basically it's saying that I am now a permanent resident and I am just waiting for the card?

Congrats! That's pretty much the end of the journey :) You are green.

The switch back to Decision is how it goes, as numerous times discuss. It's normal. It'll go back to CPO when the card is mailed. It should take less than 10 days to get the card in the mail.

Again, congrats! Enjoy the new chapter in y0ur life. :)

Congrats! That's pretty much the end of the journey :) You are green.

The switch back to Decision is how it goes, as numerous times discuss. It's normal. It'll go back to CPO when the card is mailed. It should take less than 10 days to get the card in the mail.

Again, congrats! Enjoy the new chapter in y0ur life. :)

Thank you kindly for the clarification - it is a relief!!!

I think the result will 'sink in' when I finally see the card.

I've been residing in the USA for a number of years (H1B) so it will be a huge feeling of liberty to no longer be locked into a particular job/city.

And this forum certainly helped me a few months back when my situation was a bit of a mess. I am grateful for that!

Hi Simon,
Today, I called USCIS and talked to level 2 officer to ask for expedite service request. He said that my file was in the field office on May 15th and someone reviewed my file today (July 11th), therefore, no need for service request. I explained to him my concern regarding the deadline of the dv and he was kind enough to send a message to the field office. I asked him for conformation number and he said no conf number and the FO will send me a notice. Also, I asked how long it will take for them to get back to me and he said 2 weeks.
I was a little bit relieved when he said that there is an activity going on my case. Actually, I contacted the congress person 2 days ago to get help. He requested all of my papers and my papers were delivered to his office today and my file was reviewed by USCIS today. So, I do not know if that is coincidence, or getting the congress person involved was the reason.

Back to the service request, I was wondering if the message he talked about is the same as the expedite service request? if it is so, is not it supposed to take only 5 business days as your case? why did not he give me a conformation number? I'm afraid that the IO did not take my request seriously because at the beginning he refused to send it but when I insist he did. should I call back or wait? What do you think Simon?

Thank you

It does not sound like he expedited your case but it does sound like the Congress person got things moving. Wait a few days. I think the expedite thing is only allowed once in a while, so don't waste it when your case is being worked.

I have some quick quedtions.
where was your interview?
did IO write in your passport or put stamp, or did he/she tell enything about the upcoming process,?
thank you

--- Need your wisdom and advice ---

I am waiting for my interview and I have come across an unexpected problem. Namely, I have been on F1 visa since entering the U.S. and changed my passport when it expired couple years ago. Right now, I have my original I-94 but obviously no F1 visa on my passport. I also cannot find my original I-20 that was stamped at the port of entry back then - I do have my current I-20.

So the question is, will I have problems proving my legal entry to the U.S. at the interview? What can I do? Please give me your valuable piece of advice.

P.S.: I got the copy of my F1 visa from school - not an excellent copy.

I had a similar situation. I had to renew my passport and had several I-20 forms. You have to keep them all. I have sent copies of all I-20 forms I ever had and copies of old passport with visa and new passport. I was asked to show all these docs at the time of my interview. (BTW I was informed by my school that I should keep all these docs' originals at the beginning of my studies.)

I think you need to at least get copies from your school.

Leah Leah,

I do really appreciate your comments!

Ironically, I have all my original I-20s but the first one :(. I am definitely getting a copy from school with 'true to original' stamp. Hope it works out.

Let me ask you about your passport: did you have your original OLD passport (with the F1 visa on it) with you during the interview? (the country where I am from never lets us keep our old passports)

Am I screwed ... ?